[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The hardest thing you find in modeling 3D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (12KB, 492x299px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 492x299px
Hello my friends.

Whats the hardest stuff you find in 3D modeling?
And why?

For me its the hands and foot... using Dynamesh in ZBrush to model a hand/feet its soo damn hard. You need to move things, inflate, and see proportion, and then move more, and inflate to get to the shape, and when youre going to see the result, its like a fuking alien raptor hand instead of human hand....
>>
face likeness
or realistic cloth
>>
facial structure with decent topology
>>
face, hands and feet
>>
>>502155
Here's a little tip for doing hands better with Dynamesh.... Sculpt 1 finger by itself, duplicate/scale it across the palm and mesh it together. Much easier, faster and cleaner.
>>
texturing
>>
>>502155
Good polygon hair is always a challenge to pull off. Especially wild/messy haircuts.
>>
>>502157
find or make your own medium poly base androgynous head to use for every sculpt. easy.
>>
>>502164

Thanks for the tip of the hans modeling. I will try it.
>>
>>502179
Same, I spent a ton of time trying to model hair for a stop motion project to 3D print and then I just caved in and sculpted it in clay (which I really should have just done from the start)
>>
>>502155
Cars. You can't get away with the tiniest, most insignificant mistake.
>>
>>502309
Thats why you use ZenTools for maya. And also dont mess up, its easy
>>
>>502322
>zentools
>just relaxing and averaging an edgeloop is enough
You have no idea about topology and subdivision.
>>
fluid dynamics simulation, and documentation on mentalray's MILA materials.
>>
>>502155
Seeing a hand that looks so detailed makes me angry and depressed.
>>
>>502805

OP here, i agree with you. But i think its because we havent trained/study hands 3D that much... me at least.
>>
>>502326
I do know what im talking about. Its difficult to get a smooth surface on a car while messing with the topology. You will usually end up with an ass load of dents. Then i use zen tools to fix the issues

HURR DURR somebody uses a tool to not have to do a tedious process. They must not know about topology and subdivisions
>>
>>502889
My point was that even with relax and averaging tools, it's still harder than anything else. I use these tools too, you tard.
>>
>>502155
hey OP whats ur website and name so i can credit you

https://tijuananights.bandcamp.com/track/milquetoast
>>
File: milquetoast.png (92KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
milquetoast.png
92KB, 800x800px
>>502899
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 358x272px
>>502899
You never even asked him if you could use it
>>
>>502899
>>502916
>looks at bandcamp page
>russian writing

Yup, that explains this ignorant behavior.
>>
>>502899

I do not have a website for my models yet, and this hand image i do not own it, i just googled "3D scan hand" to find a image related to this post XD
>>
File: hand-1957726845.png (50KB, 1463x939px) Image search: [Google]
hand-1957726845.png
50KB, 1463x939px
>>502155

Speaking of hands, I've been trying to model a low poly one all day long. I can't for the life of me figure out the topology of the thumb's base area. All the tutorials I've found are either high poly or they grow the thumb from the side and leave it there, like someone had his hand caught in a press. I've been looking at low poly videogame models but I can't figure out the logic behind the topology. Dammit, it's driving me crazy.
I'm trying to make a basemesh with a PS2 kind of level of detail. Thoughts/advice? Disregard the rest of the hand.
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 384x384px
>>503037

Well, i never did a hand using only Maya, for example. Im still learning the 3D, and what i learned to do was this,

First do the base mesh of a hand in zbrush, wihout details. Then import it to a poligonal software (Maya) and to the retopology there.

After the retopology, send it back to zbrush and do all of the details.

The picture here is how the topology should looks like, not exacly the same as the picture but, you know..

The loops. Thats what is all about, i think.
>>
>>503041
isn't 2K for a single arm High?
>>
>>504167

Yes i think its too much for one arm, but ignore these information in this image. I just uploaded it just to show the poligons of this model xD
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.