[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a guy called vitaly bulgarov makes the most jaw droppingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: ScoutDogs_02.jpg (359KB, 1600x1038px) Image search: [Google]
ScoutDogs_02.jpg
359KB, 1600x1038px
So a guy called vitaly bulgarov makes the most jaw droppingly amazing 3d stuff. mainly robots and ID.

he claims on instagram he mainly uses MOI3d nowadays.

I tried it, and it seems like an incredibly simple software.

wtf? is he bullshitting?
>>
>>501568
Shilling maybe?
>>
>>501568
Most of his work involves just kit-bashing pre-made mechanical parts, warping their shapes and doing booleans. Not much of what he makes is a usable mesh for anything but static object shots or turntables. He is considered a 3D concept artist these days, so his workflow has adjusted for how fast he has to churn shit out.

Which is why he uses moi3d now, because it's perfect for that kind of workflow.
>>
saw his facebook post right before i came on here

he got them 3d printed
>>
>>501573
actually, i cant tell if they are 3d printed or machined metal... FUCK
>>
>>501573
lol those legs look retarded
>>
>>501573
That's absolutely not 3D printed. 3D printers aren't at that level of cleanliness quite yet. I have a feeling that's just a composited render desu. Unless he got a deal with a toy company to produce these and these are the final product after a bunch of mold sculpting/refining.
>>
>>501570

so if i get good at 3dsmax, grind out a shitton of premade parts etc, i can then use MOI3d to assemble them into different bots?

because that doesn't sound hard to do at all !

i'm interested in 3d only in terms of visuals, so i don't care about mesh or topology cleanlyness etc.
>>
>>501587
MOI3D is a NURBS program, don't think it can utilize polymeshes, but not sure.
>>
I think the "robot with big rectangular camera instead of head/face" is overdone by now.
>>
>>501573
it wasn't 3d printed, a toy company agreed to make some. selling 180 dollars.
>>
>>501585
You need to stop talking shit about stuff you know nothing about. High-ish end printers are 100% at that level. SLA or polyjet cold totally get you that level of output.
>>
>>501629
>You need to stop talking shit about stuff you know nothing about

Mate, I fucking work in 3D printing, it is literally my career. Open your fucking eyes, the quality of the bevels, the perfect over-hangs, the extremely smooth surfaces that were printed at an angle, there are no professional 3D printers that achieve quite that quality yet.
>>
>>501585
our objet500 can spit out stuff that looks like that. But you could get that quality on many of the higher-end hobbyist printers (like UM2) if you are willing to manually polish a little bit/bake with acetone.
>>
>>501656
(also overhangs are solved by just printing separate parts)
>>
his shit is hanging in one of my labs at gnomon, did he go there?
>>
>>501585
>>501653
https://youtu.be/8RQpHzoa4j0
There's no way my 3d printing can be this good, right senpai?
>>
>>501661
Not him and I'm sure he'll reply in a week or something, but how about you guys both agree that no matter the quality of printer you use, you're going to have to refine the output yourself with polishing / trimming / etc and that a higher end printer might save you some time on that (maybe a lot of time) but ultimately to get a top notch figure / prop / whatever is going to require finishing work to be done by hand (or with other tools besides the 3d printer, at any rate)
>>
>>501662
well, if you really want it to be top-notch and super-smooth, then yeah, you have to waft acetone over it for a bit or whatnot. If you're fine with the surface having a more rough texture (like the plastic used in car interiors etc) you don't need to do any post-processing if you have a higher quality printer like the objet.
>>
>>501653
the iron man suits are 3d printed
>>
>>501660
isnt it lecture 3?
all of the posters in school are student work or things students have worked on ( for the movies )
>>
>>501676
>>501661

>Not realizing that those 3D prints are hand-sanded and refined, then used to make a mold to cast the actual parts in.
>>
>>501678
But theyre still 3d printed, the guy couldve done the same thing. This fucking board is toxic.
>>
>>501677
yeah it is, but they also have warcraft posters and stuff, and I don't think any grads worked on burning crusade. What term are you in?
>>
>>501710
Except that's entirely false. The final product shown is not "3D Printed", it is "cast molded". That's like saying a pepakura model is "inkjet printed". No, it's not. The sheets are printed and then fixed into the model shape.
>>
>>501568
>shoot the camera cables
>kick it side ways
>useless robots
>>
>>501746
5 of the 2 year. Yeah theyve worked on a ton. School has been around since like 98. and lab 1 and 2 have some teacher credit posters
>>
File: 3DP.jpg (3MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
3DP.jpg
3MB, 3508x2480px
>>501574
>>501573
The farther one might be 3DP, but the closer one can't be. There's too much detail for most printers (unless he found one of those 30k+ ones), and there's not even a hint of layering (pic related) from the plastic buildup.

It might be machined, but then it was also painted. I'm kind of inclined to think he's bullshitting and that the farther one is injection-molded and the closer one... I don't know.

>>501585
This.
>>
>>501753
>shoot the jugular vein
>kneecap it
>useless people
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.