[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here into really low poly modelling while remaining a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: uAW44rL.jpg (651KB, 1440x1342px) Image search: [Google]
uAW44rL.jpg
651KB, 1440x1342px
Anyone here into really low poly modelling while remaining a (somewhat) realistic style?(not talking about stylized stuff)

That stuff really turns me on, especially if you can achieve details with relatively low texture sizes with clever UV layout.

If you do pls share examples, tips and tutorials.

(pic is not mine)
>>
from what i can tell he split the UV's into 2 main areas where he can generate normals good enough to bake detail

still he would achieve far better model if he added another 5k tris in
>>
>>501495

It probably wasnt the best example. He could have mirrored the UVs of the magazine, the barrel, the handguard, the pistol grip and stock to get more texture space for other stuff since I dont see any significant detail there.that couldnt just have been used on both sides
>>
>>501486
>That image 'Ben Bolton'

Total 80's action hero name.
>>
>>501486
something seems fishy with those normals... Are those normals in object-space or world-space?

The part that wraps around the handle that has the trigger on it should not have different colors for the different sides normally, if the normals are in tangentspace...
>>
>>501509
I think the grip just has a small stripe of offsetted normals on the edge, to make its corners seem smooth, the rest is padding.
>>
>>501511
hmm, it's hard to tell, but I don't think so, if you look at the corresponding glossmap or the diffuse albedo, it looks like those parts are actually supposed to map to the front/back/bottom of the grip...

Also, everything on the normal map has this weird behaviour, top/bottom of the rifle (even though that seems flat), top/bottom of the round cylinders, etc etc...

Anyway, resolution is low, maybe it's a gradient and it's just hard to tell...
>>
File: normal.png (169KB, 255x512px) Image search: [Google]
normal.png
169KB, 255x512px
>>501512

Its just rotated 90°
>>
File: handheld1.jpg (295KB, 1280x916px) Image search: [Google]
handheld1.jpg
295KB, 1280x916px
I like the stuff, but I guess I prefer going all the way - without shaders and with a low-res texture. Pic related, I love them and their unfiltered texture look, while on the other hand, not being PS1-level with the models themselves. I think they were created for the guy's scrapped PSP homebrew FPS or something.

More at http://www.racer445.com/misc.html - link because I'm on mobile now and I'm a lazy fuck anyway.
>>
>>501486

almost all of that is stylized

there was a very pretenious faggot who had a lot of dick riders on this board. His name used to be something like Red Racer, but he had the best examples of low poly guns with textures like you're describing.

He kept pretending he invented some revolutionary techniques for texturing.
>>
>>501486
question, what does the 482 tris mean?
>>
File: polygons-800x238.png (49KB, 800x238px) Image search: [Google]
polygons-800x238.png
49KB, 800x238px
>>502034

triangles

one quad is made out of 2 triangles.
>>
>>502036

disregard the wires on the image
>>
>>502036
thank you kind sir!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.