[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working on a small project in Blender3D. It's supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 0014.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0014.png
2MB, 1280x720px
I'm working on a small project in Blender3D. It's supposed to be viewed in the Google Cardboard VR glasses.

Using the 'Views' and the 'Stereoscopy' functions I was able to achieve the result you see here in the pic. I can't figure out the barrel (lens) distortion though. Mainly, how much barrel distortion am I supposed to go for? How should I apply the distortion?

Also, since I've already rendered out the whole video without the distortion, I'm thinking of adding it in post in AfterEffects. Again, any idea about how much lens distortion would work optimally?
>>
Does Blender have a MR/VRay equivalent? Everyone uses cycles but doesn't bother to render enough passes to not look like shit. Are you actually OK with those shadows? I get that it's not a final shot, but can't you just leave it to render for 5 mins?
>>
>>501212
he can use luxrender
>>
>>501212
>>501213

Listen guys, I know what you're saying. But this project is a free demo for a client that just wants to see the VR in action. I really don't want to allocate more than the very basic resources for this right now.

Also, I just want to know about adding in the lens distortion. I can always improve on the render quality later and actually put some effort into the scene when I actually get the job.
>>
>>501212
>render for 5 mins
for cycles to have a good render on a shit machine it takes at least 20 mins.

also, you only need 100 samples if you set the importance map to 2048.
>>
>>501210
>>501214
no less than 17.
no higher than 37.
>>
>>501210
I'm going to be really helpful here and say "I don't know".
Unless you have any specs on 'Google Cardboard VR glasses' - I suggest you select camera and select 'properties' . . . and play around with the values there? .. .trial and error.
>>
>>501210
>blender3D and not blender
>moar gimmicky shit with fucking google cardboard
>doesnt realize that google cardboard isn't glasses but a DIY headset

here's a PROTIP: nobody cares about this crap.
>>
>>501384

Kinda this , also

>>501214

>But this project is a free demo for a client

Wew lad, if I were that client and I see or find out somehow you post my shit on 4chins I would cancel any collaboration with you. Thats really unprofessional. If someone made some kind of design for me and he posts it in on the internet to ask for advice or feedback I would get kinda pissed.
>>
>>501212
blender has MR and VRay support, so you can use those directly. Cycles is basically a VRay equivalent, it works on the same principle of rendering. VRay is just a little faster (10-25%, in my totally unscientific tests)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.