[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone use the Retopoflow retopology tools inside Blender?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 2015-11-05_040840.jpg (8KB, 332x281px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-05_040840.jpg
8KB, 332x281px
I use Blender with the mouse buttons swapped (that means using it with left to select like it's normal in most systems).

Now I tried Retopoflow and it seems like I can draw with the LMB but select does not work.

Everything works fine when I swap the mouse buttons back to special snowflake mode.

Some other guy had THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM but instead of telling WHAT actually solved it, he just said it was "an user error" and vanished. I fucking hate idiots like that.
https://github.com/CGCookie/retopoflow/issues/101

Does that shit run on your machine with mouse buttons swapped?
>>
>I use Blender

Use a real tool, kiddo.
>>
>>500781
>le real tool maymay
here's your reply
>>
File: 4546854787.jpg (41KB, 653x646px) Image search: [Google]
4546854787.jpg
41KB, 653x646px
Okay, solved the problem.
Unlike that douche I will tell you what the problem was.

When you swapped your mouse buttons you have to hold CTRL while LMB clicking to select stuff.

So apparently the plugin fails in completely adjusting to the mouse button swap and the CTRL clicking for selecting shit isn't documented anywhere either.
Ah well, better this than not working at all.
>>
>>500780
>I use Blender with the mouse buttons swapped
i can't condone this level of heresy.
>>
File: no.gif (1MB, 158x129px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
1MB, 158x129px
>>500884

There was a time when I absolutely DESPISED Blender.

Me swapping the mouse buttons is a remnant of that time and I STILL don't want to put up with this special snowflake shit.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who have computer jobs and literally click all day long and most of them don't have ANY problems just because they click with the left button.

To me this mouse shit in blender is just the ICON of things that annoy the shit out of people new to this program and I'm incredibly glad that you can swap them to normal which I instantly do when I have to deal with a new user profile in blender.
>>
>>500913
Left mouse is used for most common mouse actions same as Exel and any other software.
>>
>>500913
It is kind of stupid that it's like that in Blender, especially after Andrew Price made a pretty compelling video on how (design-wise) to fix all the stupid shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWacQrEcMHk
>>
>>501674

Yeah, he did, and later he recanted a lot of what he put in the video. He interviewed a UX designer and talked things over with a bunch of the Blender folks, and a lot of stuff in the video just wouldn't work without completely changing Blender's workflow.

He also got a lot of blowback from developers and experienced users, and he seems a bit bitter about it these days. He got something accomplished though; Jonathan Williams (the blendercookie guy) became co-lead of the UI team and has been behind a lot of the changes, like tabs.

There's been a lot of talk in the Blender community about swapping the mouse buttons; I haven't been following it, though. I like it the way it is, personally, but newbies have problems.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.