[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://sketchfab.com/models/8e4d43 da699843239b4cb74ec4854b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cansd.png (250KB, 1176x868px) Image search: [Google]
cansd.png
250KB, 1176x868px
https://sketchfab.com/models/8e4d43da699843239b4cb74ec4854bd4 Here is my fast gameart I did yesterday. Critique is welcome
>>
>>500714

It's just a can. Why don't you texture it?
>>
>>500714

Nice models on your account there.

Do you do it professionally?
>>
>>500718
Look at sketchfab link.

>>500719
Thank you. I'm "wannabe gameartist"
>>
>>500720

No thanks.
>>
>>500714
like the model but the topology is killing me mate, if you could rework the handles on the top and the side of the can you'd have a much easier time texturing. It's not terrible to have lots of lines on the side, but when they all come together into a point like that it isn't necessarily the best solution. Still, not bad, but if you fix up your topo a bit it can be better!
>>
>>500736
I second this
>>
>>500720
>wannabe gameartist
as an actual asset creator i can tell you that this kind of model would be fine for a mod but not a full title.

the reason is the topology.
that kind of edgeflow messes with hitbox calculation and you would have to create a separate phys model for the calculation.

you should never model with tris as the game engine will always draw/convert the quads to tris for you.

with that being said, it looks pretty good shape wise.

if you can fix the topo it would be a game worthy mesh.
>>
>>500885

Are you fucking insane? Not even a full title would use a meshcollider for something like that. Slap a box collider and you're set.
>>
>>500885
>the reason is the topology.
this pretty much, your topo has to be on point to work professionally (unless you want to get a job at bethesda or something)
>>
>>500885
>>500893
> Not even a full title would use a meshcollider
This. It's just a canister, why would you use anything else than simple box collider?
>>
File: 1446658762661.png (133KB, 527x868px) Image search: [Google]
1446658762661.png
133KB, 527x868px
>>500885

Even if it was some sort of Hero canister pic related would be the absolute most you'd need for physics.
>>
>>500905
Hero canister? Like, the canister is the protagonist?
>>
>>500917

As an important mesh that gets higher fidelity than other background objects. An example would be a story related object that is under close scrutiny. An example of this would be the player character models and important NPCs in GTA5. They are all hero character models as they are much more detailed than the standard pedestrians. Same for weapons, props and whatever you can think of.
>>
>>500922
Oh lol that makes a lot more sense, thanks
>>
>>500885
>you would have to create a separate phys model for the calculation.
So just like any other game object that has collision? Do you believe that the physics engine takes the same model that the renderer gets?

>you should never model with tris as the game engine will always draw/convert the quads to tris for you.
Except that triangulating before export will enable you to fix smoothing issues.

You have never worked on a game before.
>>
>>500905
You could probably get away with just a box collider.
>>
>>500966

Absolutely, I have no argument against that. I would just use a box. But if the pic I posted is the absolutely highest detail anyone would need for that mesh if it's a normal scale.
>>
>>500885
I laughed but then released I was on /3/.
>>
Test
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.