[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some Blender help Plz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 4chan help.jpg (223KB, 1546x767px) Image search: [Google]
4chan help.jpg
223KB, 1546x767px
Hi! So ive been learning how to use Blender 2.74 since earlier in the year. Ive been watching different tutuorials and whatnot to figure out how to create character model from scratch. This is my Low Poly attempt and since working on the body ive moved on to the hair obviously but now I have actually made the hair a separate mesh. I thought since the body is modeled with the Mirror Modifier I should try making it separate cuz it's obv supposed to be non symmetrical, however when i move everything around the hair dosent stay with the body. How do I reattach or set the separate mesh to move along with the character body? Im pretty confused, yall's help would be appreciated.
>>
>>498663

You need to follow/watch a tutorial on topology. You have none and all your work is wasted.
>>
File: hipolyshowoff.jpg (136KB, 1445x758px) Image search: [Google]
hipolyshowoff.jpg
136KB, 1445x758px
>>498664
Is facial topology absolutly necessary for something low poly that will eventually have UV wrap/mapped face on it?

Iam just a beginner, I tried working topology on a hi poly face like this one. What else should I really be looking to learn from tutorials?
>>
>>498665

Facial topology is only important if you plan on animating the face.
>>
>>498667
oh well I get that. I was gonna worry about that for the high poly face/character.

I just wanto to know how i can attach the low poly hair to the head, not specifically to the body cuz its made with a mirror modifier. Ive seen like meshes for eyeballs that arent attached to the main head and still flows with the whol thing if i select it and drag it like i did that with the eyelashes and they stay but they azre still working to be symetrical cuz you know, a face,. but i figured i couldnt just shift+D then P cuz the separated mesh would still be mirror modified. am I right or am I missing something?
>>
>>498665
people don't make characters using polymodeling anymore.
you are just overcomplicating thing
>>
>>498670
ok then how do people make them jesus christ i want sum fucking answers
>>
>>498663
>however when i move everything around the hair dosent stay with the body. How do I reattach or set the separate mesh to move along with the character body?

You need to use paragraphs, better punctuation and proper grammar. Not being an ass, but I had to read this like 2 times before understanding it as I'm tired.

I haven't updated my blender in a while so I'm not sure it was rearranged.
In the camera/object/modifiers/material/... tabs, there is tab called "constraints", constraint, like the name implies, restrict your objects in certain ways.

Copy Location constraint - applied to the hair - with the origin on the main body - should do what you want.
>>
>>498670

That's not true. ZBrush is used for high spec characters sure, but for low spec art (mobile mostly) and retopology it's still important.
>>
>>498676
ohhh okay well thank you, srry i dont mean to be brash. all these critical responses.....

anyways, me talk pretty one day, tho.
>>
>>498672
method 1: -make base mesh in blender, just get the height of the limbs and the positioning right
-export it to sculpting program, add detail to it
-retopo with UV's or paint if you want

method 2:
-start in sculpting program,make the base mesh using dynamesh
-repeat method 1
>>
>retopo
I have hearing this alot in this board.
Is there some program that actually makes it easy to retopo a mesh? all in quads I assume?
>>
>>498663

Your writing style is exactly the same as your modeling style. You simply don't pay attention to any details.
>>
>>498689
zremesher,decimate etc
>>
>>498672

You realize you're on 4chan, the asshole of the internet, right? Asking for help here is pretty hit and miss.

Knowing how to box model a character is useful. Knowing how to sculpt a character and retopo is useful too (and probably more relevant these days, I dunno, I'm just a hobbyist).

There's some good youtube videos on both methods.

If your head is a separate mesh, you can probably just parent the hair to it. It really depends on how your mesh is set up and what you want to do with it. In other words, there are no easy one-size-fits-all answers.
>>
>>498703
>zremesher
>googles
Holy crap, pirating right now.
>>
>>498663
Parent the hair mesh to the body mesh

> Object Mode
> select hair
> shift+right click and select body mesh
> while both are selected
> ctrl + P
> "Set Parent To" Object (Keep Transform)
>>
>>498703
Decimate isn't really a retopo tool in the general sense. Decimate is primarily used as a way to drastically reduce the poly count of an object while doing its best to preserve all the curvatures. The mesh will be comprised of a massive mess of triangles being stretched all over the place.
It helps get multi-million poly meshes down to a more manageable size to use in baking, zRemeshing, or for 3D printing.
>>
>>498769
Zremesher is a fucking MESS. If you want to learn, use Maya 2016 with the new quaddraw tool and putting the high res mesh on live mode. Common tool I use everyday.

>>498703
Decimate wtf...
>>
>>498780
>Zremesher is a fucking MESS
not really you have quite few options to adjust what parts you want to have more polys
>>
>>498780
I just finally managed to try it - ZBrush is pretty unintuitive to me at the moment.
It doesn't even respect simetry, had to cut the mesh in half.

I might try Maya if it's really that good.

>>498785
How? All I see are a few sliders.
>>
>>498785
zremesher guides brush and polypaint density
you can also choose how many tris you can get in polygonal count
>>
>>498786
>It doesn't even respect simetry, had to cut the mesh in half.
The hell are you talking about? It has one of the most comprehensive symmetry functions of any 3D software.

>>498786
Those few sliders do a lot when combined with polypainting and curves. You can draw curve lines onto the mesh to manually direct poly flows and let it take care of the minor details. And you can polypaint how dense you want areas. How strongly the generated edge-flow adheres to your curves is based on the Curve Strength slider, how how great of variance there can be in topology density is controlled by the adaptive strength slider. Alll together it allows you to get results that are animation friendly in many cases even.
>>
>>498788
>You can draw curve lines onto the mesh to manually direct poly flows and let it take care of the minor details. And you can polypaint how dense you want areas.
Alright, I'll look more into that then. But first gotta make confortable with the GUI.
>>
>>498774
Awwww shit dawg OPhere, that sounds legit. Ill give it a try
>>
>>498664
>all your work is wasted.

What a retarded exaggeration and factually wrong, please just kill yourself now or at the very least never ever post here ever again.

>>498665
It's only necessary for animation. If it's literally low poly (as in, a design decision versus a style) then your goal is optimal use of triangles.

If topology becomes important later (say because you want it to subdivide nicely and would therefore use quads), you can just retopo over your base mesh (something you'd do for a high poly sculpt anyway).

>>498689
In Blender there's a bunch of addons you can use, I'm not sure which one is the top dog right now; a lot of the pay to use ones can be downloaded for free via sourceforge (put there by the author themselves, because it's often more like aggressively asking you to donate).
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.