[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zbrush question. This is first scupt and I kept everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: wew lad.png (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
298KB, 1920x1080px
Zbrush question.

This is first scupt and I kept everything as one subtool/mesh besides the eyes.

If you model a head, is it standard to make a new subtool to make the chest/torso/arms/legs? I just extruded then dynameshed to make everything besides the head and kept it one subtool.

1) If I were to use the subtool method, when you're finished sculpting, would you merge the subtools?
>>
>>498481

Is your skin segmented in real life?

Make it all one.
>>
>>498481

OP heres , to clarify, I started with one sphere to make the entire body. I started running out of resolution to do hands for example, so that leaves me to believe that this is a bad method?
>>
use zsphere to make something like this
>>
File: 18s04fkzrmdrpjpg.jpg (37KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
18s04fkzrmdrpjpg.jpg
37KB, 240x360px
>>498485

holy cock thanks
>>
>>498483
>one sphere didn't work well
>should I use more than one sphere then?

Yes.
>>
>>498483

Why did you only use one sphere? Why didn't you block out the limbs?

Sure, you can solve it with dynamesh just fine, but you are just making life harder for yourself, also I'm not entirely sure you understand what dynamesh actually does if you somehow ran out of resolution while using it.
>>
>>498489

if you're working with a low reso of polies, dynamesh isn't going to solve anything
>>
>>498490
dynamesh adds more polys tho
>>
Use more spheres
>>
>>498490

You are wrong and don't understand what dynamesh actually does.
>>
File: how do i mirir.png (119KB, 585x649px) Image search: [Google]
how do i mirir.png
119KB, 585x649px
is there a way to mirror the zsphere to the other side?
>>
>>498501
Turn on symmetry or click x before drawing
>>
>>498503
>>498501

duplicate subtool then go to deformation and click mirror.
>>
>>498501

Start from scratch and draw the entire thing in zspheres first
>>
Do this >>498503 when you start with zSpheres.
And do >>498506 when in your situation when you want to place new zSpheres onto two sides of a mesh. Don't forget to do a merge after the mirror though, so that you can then turn on symmetry and work on both sides at the same times.
Or, just make the arm on one side, and when you're done, duplicate it and mirror.
>>
>>498481
it literally dosnt matter
just focus on the forms and teh model looking good, do what ever works at the moment
i used to do it one piece but i try to get away from it and not to marge even at the end
>>498482
mine is
>>498490
kek, dude you might want to learn what dynemesh does before you give any opinions on it
>>498501
that would require zbrush to be coded by a competent studio, no such luck
start over with symmetry on
>>
>>498597
>mine is

Great, are you one of those faggots who believes he's a dragon or some shit?
>>
>>498605
its called dragonkin
educate yourself you shitlord

and yes im a beautiful dragon o the in inside
>>
>>498607

Lore inconsistent furry fags are the worst. If you're a dragon on the inside, why is your outside skin segmented?

Try harder next time slocik.
>>
>>498609

i love /3/ rofl
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.