[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, i'm sculpting a Slig from Oddworld for my 3D Modelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: GrigtheSlig.3b.jpg (136KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
GrigtheSlig.3b.jpg
136KB, 1920x1018px
Hi, i'm sculpting a Slig from Oddworld for my 3D Modelling ICA at university, and i'm just looking for some tips, areas i could improve with focus on his mask. All clothing will be made in seperate layers to the actual flesh, and the mask is completely hollow so it fits on his face.
>>
>>498199
What sculpting app is that?
>>
>>498221
Never-mind, I searched.

3D-Coat 4.5, Full Professional version is currently sold at price of $379
>>
I've already bought it, I have the educational version since i'm at university. It's my favourite sculpting package so far.
>>
>>498232
Sadly you will have to transition to Zbrush if you want to be relevant in the industry once you're done with your education
>>
>>498232
Don't listen to this idiot >>498233 even though it's mostly true theory is all the same so don't worry about which software you choose.
>>
>>498235

So you're saying he shouldn't listen to the truth?
>>
>>498241
Personally I believe both zbrush, and 3d-Coat are still too expensive, and when some company makes something as easy to use as 3d-Coat, but under the $200 price range, you'll see more people jump at it.

Before you mention Blender, it is a complicated mess to bother with. Blender is just not fun to use.
>>
>>498245
Updates for ZBrush are free... So that price really isn't a big deal at all. You pay almost that much just for a top of the line GPU, which you'll replace in a few years anyways.

Even for a hobbyist, the cost of ZBrush is quite fair considering its functionality and how much use the person will get out of it.
>>
3DCoat is used quite a bit in the industry for texture painting, and to a lesser extent retopology and UVs. If you want to do sculpting professionally though you will need to use ZBrush.
>>
>>498267
It's actually not used much in the industry. Partly because of the drama surrounding the creator and his religious fanaticism. Better not paint anything nude, lewd or evil with this program! Or he thinks you'll go to hell and try to get rid of your license.
>>
File: show12.png (2MB, 1176x1727px) Image search: [Google]
show12.png
2MB, 1176x1727px
Hi !
I'm 3Dhobbyist. I like 3D-coat very much.
I made all of this by 3D-coat.
it's very interesting.
>>
File: bhead.png (325KB, 1090x390px) Image search: [Google]
bhead.png
325KB, 1090x390px
>>498199
your pic says the data is 8000000 triangles. it is probably slow.
if it become sluggish, I recommend you use retopo and normal paint.
3D-coat fill in gaps of detail by 3Dnormalpaint.

now I'm making this. but my PC is not powerful. so sculpt don't have details.
I always write small details in paint room.
>>
>>498281

Some people stay away from it due to the religious stuff, but most don't care. Never heard of him revoking licenses?
>>
It runs pretty quickly but I have a top line PC I work with. I7 4790k, 32gb ram and GTX 970 GPU. I built the PC specially to do 3D work with, and i'm going to clone and degrade the model when i'm done with surface sculpting, then bake the detail onto the low poly model.
>>
>>498282

I like the drumming cat, its the best of all of those.

The rest could need some texture/material improvements for full potential.
>>
>>498252

Updates ave been free in the past. ZBrush 5+ will cost an upgrade fee for current users.
>>
>>498324
good PC.
I'm so jealous.
>>
>>498342
>ZBrush 5+ will cost an upgrade fee for current users.
No, this has not at all been confirmed or even hinted at. It's just rumors, same thing happened for ZBrush 4, people assumed it must be a paid upgrade, but it was free. Pixologic is figuring out other ways to make money while keeping this business model. Like the release of the Keyshot bridge, which obviously wouldn't have taken much work for them and they get kickbacks from selling a special version of Keyhsot too.
>>
I have ZBrush too, i've been meaning to learn how to use it. It looks really good for sculpting mechanical stuff.
>>
>>498281
Serious? Alright, well since 80% of my work is female nudes I'll use his program, and give zbrush the credit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.