[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i being stupid by being a Buyfag? I downloaded zBrush as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1442831796703.jpg (43KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1442831796703.jpg
43KB, 400x600px
Am i being stupid by being a Buyfag?
I downloaded zBrush as a trial to try it out and compare to Mudbox, it's a whole new world with Tablet with too many options to stay with Mudbox.
Cost $800 of which i can't spare atm.

Do industry pros buy all their stuff?
Does /3/ buy all their stuff?
>>
> literally spending money on anything
the very idea existing in your head means you're the dumbest fuck in the universe
>>
Companies will pay for your software.
Unless you're making large amounts of money off of it, then do what you have to do.
>>
>>495752
Yes, people in the industry buy the software they use most. And when you consider that updates for ZBrush have been free thus far, it's extremely good value compared to other paid software used in the industry.

But if you're not actually working in the industry yet, then you don't need to bother buying it yet. Just practice and build your portfolio with the pirated version till you have a good reason to be buying it.
>>
>>495753

>muh piracy all the time xDDD

God, fuck off.

>>495752

Considering the price, perhaps piracy is a good idea until you become a professional, after which it should be your duty to purchase software.
>>
>>495776
this. most companies don't care about people pirating their software, they know that either a: you will dick around with it for a few weeks and get bored of it, or b. you will get really good and then guy it, or work somewhere that will buy it.
adobe has like an 80% piracy rate, they don't give a fuck, because when it comes down to it people who use it professionally will buy it . i personally don't think i would ever buy maya, but zbrush/topogun/various plugins for maya 10/10 would buy
>>
have you considered getting a job, kiddo?
>>
>>495857

I work a simple job making min wadge but with enough spare time to learn /3/, have to decide between making more money with less time to learn or get by with this shit and learn more sooner.

Fk me.
>>
so what makes zbrush better than mudbox? right now I want to get mudbox since it's only $10/month. I don't get why pixologic doesn't do subscriptions, both autodesk and adobe do them.
>>
>>496141
Mudbox is $10 a month only recently, because they are killing it off. It hasn't been updated in two years, despite getting a new version number, no new features.

ZBrush is a one time payment. Updates are free. Cost starts to look a bit better, right?

Dynamesh, ZModeler, ZRemesher, Fibermesh, Noisemaker, NanoMesh, InsertMultiMesh, Micromesh, DynamicSubdivision, GoZ, UVMaster, and so many other features that push ZBrush way ahead of Mudbox. It's so much more powerful.
>>
>>496142
seems like autodesk only gives a shit about maya and cad
>>
>>496143
They've been slowly consolidating their redundant software's over the past few years. Softimage was the start of that transition. They're now giving Maya all of Mudbox's features and improving on them. Max is next on the chopping block.
>>
>>496144
They will never kill off Max as long as it's the standard in the design and visualization industry. They will probably go the Mudbox route and keep releasing annual versions with minimal updates, though.
>>
>>495752
>Do industry pros buy all their stuff?

No. Watch enough tutorials from sites like Gumroad, Gnomon, Digital Tutors, etc and you'll stumble across people who clearly have trial versions of the product they're using or cracks (e.g. a lot of ZBrush cracks use the same ID).
>>
>>495752
No of course not. Shit's pricey, and that's still pretty cheap compared to the days when these programs were sold in the 10s of thousands.

Just pirate it man. I assume you are looking for education. There is no reason you should pay for education, Autodesk even gives out licenses for that purpose.

If it's to earn commercially, then if you're starting small I guess you can get away with it. If you start making big bux you have both a moral and professional obligation to purchase the software, or just use the free alternatives. I hear Blender is constantly improving.

Of course, if you work for a company they should be the ones to handle licensing, solving the issue altogether.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.