[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /3/ Ive been learning to make characters in my free time for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Hi /3/
Ive been learning to make characters in my free time for a long time.
I dont have the money for going to a school so I'm using the internet for this.
The bad thing is I dont have a nice workflow. I mean, I followed tutorials from here and there, texturing, some modeling, retopo, etc

Is there any site, tutorial or anything which can orient me in the right way? I always get the feeling I'm doing it all wrong at the end.

I want to have a 2014-2015 tutorial from the very first polygon to the rigging and postpro tools.

Any nice websites? I would pay for a complete tutorial.
>>
>>495520
>I would pay for a complete tutorial.
I don't really know any specific one, but browse those tutorial websites, find something you like and download it on cgpeers. If it turns out to not be helpful at least you didn't pay for it.
>>
>>495520
Who gives a fuck about workflows, workflows differ from job to job and often from model to model, too. As long as you know what steps to take to achieve your result it's all good.
>>
>make mesh
>make uvs
>make maps
>rig

???
>>
>>495529

You forgot the profit.
>>
don't have money at all?

there are alot of sites like cgcookie,lynda and digital tutors
>>
>>495520
most important step in your workflow will be realizing that for example the picture you posted, that has very little to do with workflow/applications/render settings/photoshop layers/blah blah blah.. that is a nice piece of art that the artist who created it studied long and hard to achieve , if you want a 'good workflow' for characters. learn anatomy , understand how humans and creatures work, how the skeleton works, how the muscles work, and how clothing works, how different cloth folds , why it folds. for character creation the work flow is generally the same across the board with slight variations. the workflow is make the character(either using zbrush to sculp the character or poly-modeling the character, most artists sculpt ) after you have that basemesh start dressing the character , again zbrush or poly-modeling. there isn't a good workflow that will somehow make up for your lack of knowledge in the fundamental artistic principals, just because it's made on a computer doesn't mean it isn't art, the computer is just a tool.
>>
>>495531
>implying
>>
>>495610
You forgot material variation. Very important to making an appealing character.
>>
File: 1439562711412.jpg (88KB, 464x331px) Image search: [Google]
1439562711412.jpg
88KB, 464x331px
>>495520
Non-metals with colored speculars, kekd
>>
>>495716
>Yesterday, I read all about PBR
>>
>>495716
>sacrificing a better result in favour of irrelevant rules you barely understand.
>>
File: 1426133568532.jpg (14KB, 294x273px) Image search: [Google]
1426133568532.jpg
14KB, 294x273px
>>495748
>implying way too much
that's why you have a crappy job m8 (if you even have one)
>>
>>495727
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pabst_Blue_Ribbon
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.