[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a rather generous budget for building a new rig. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ob_1127b9_w3computercourse.gif (55KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
ob_1127b9_w3computercourse.gif
55KB, 455x455px
I have a rather generous budget for building a new rig. This is not my first build but I want to make sure I'm buying smart. What are the most important components with 3d modeling in mind?
>>
>>495448
>rather generous budget
Define generous
>>
>>495448

Avoid bottlenecks.
>>
>>495452
$2500
>>
All you need is a decent GPU, Maybe some ram if you're going to work with high poly scenes.
If you're going to do cpu rendering then get one with many cores, but it's really a waste when GPU rendering really blows CPU rendering out of the water.
>>
>>495476
>but it's really a waste when GPU rendering really blows CPU rendering out of the water.
when you look for no quality? yeah but for rendering nothing beats a good CPU!
>>
>>495448
Wait for the Intel Skylake Xeon's coming out soon. They will have up to 32 cores I believe.
>>
File: 1365463560782.jpg (23KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1365463560782.jpg
23KB, 515x515px
>>495476
>All you need is a decent GPU, Maybe some ram if you're going to work with high poly scenes.

m8...the cpu sends all the instructions to the gpu. With truly multi-threaded vulkan and dx12 just around the corner (november), the cpu is more important than ever.
>>
>>495483

How much of a difference is dx12 going to make?
>>
>>495507
if you're a shit programmer lashed to the money stick of EA / bethesda / naught dog your graphics will look roughly the same as they do now b/c you have to cater to aging xbones / ps4s who have graphics cards that are less powerful than 750 tis
>>
>>495448
Zbrush is a RAM whore, 3ds max likes fast INTEL CPUs for rendering and get the latest Gforce for poly display and render acceleration (some renderers use GPU). A Wacom tablet will be necessary for modeling, and put the best cooler available if you live in a hot country - tower models with lots of space for fans are preferred.
>>
>>495515
is that lame animation supposed to mean something or signify some animator being gud? It looks like just dbz kiddie crap to everyone here m8.

ahem. Prepare yourself for Pascal op and get the fastest dual CPU mobo you can find.
>>
>>495551
I liked the animation
>>
>>495515
God people like you are so insufferable.

>I'm far too good to enjoy good animation of people doing crazy things, I only like people doing normal boring things they always do because that is the only way to know if an animator is good.

You really don't know jack shit about animation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.