[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/ I'm quite new to modelling and everything there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: test.png (988KB, 1518x3028px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
988KB, 1518x3028px
Hey /3/
I'm quite new to modelling and everything there is to it.
What I'm trying to achieve here is to "hollow" out this model, and just keep the outer "shell". (Yes, it's a scout rifle from the game Destiny).
I'm trying to make this to be like the third gun at the bottom. Fully hollowed, no pieces or tubes or anything of the sort inside.
I have a bit of knowledge on Meshmixer, but I believe this isn't the right program to use to achieve this (I've tried everything in there).
I downloaded Blender and gave it a shot, but just ended up really confused.
I also tried watching some tutorial videos on how to do this, but everyone seems to "hollow" their models to 3D Print and not to stay with a "shell".
The end result is to hollow out the model, to upload in Pepakura Designer and unfold the 3D model into 2D, print, fold and create!
Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated!
>>
>>495383
bump?
>>
This is basic 3d and you're asking the wrong questions.

What you need to achieve what you want is very basic modelling abilities and I have no idea where to even start. What the fuck is mesh mixer?

There is no quick way of learning this stuff.
>>
iirc there are game engines which can do this automatically. There's probably something you can get to do it for you. I'd tell you to Google it but I'm not sure what you'd google.
>>
>>495383
Use the boole function to hollow the inner parts.
>>
>>495453
Good luck using the garbage geometry produced by that in Pepakura Designer
>>
>>495455
implying you cannot change geometry after using boole function
>>
>>495459

implying OP has the knowledge on how to clean up the mesh.
>>
>>495463
He better learn that shit right now if he wants to go ahead printing 3d models....
>>
>>495465

He wants to print and fold a 2d flattened papercraft version and fold it.
>>
>>495443
Autodesk Meshmixer? o.o
>>495463
Ummm, I don't? Like I said, I'm new to this 3D modelling sort of stuff.
>>495468
This.
>>495443
Basically when I upload the model, it's composed of different parts. I want to join them all together, and make it hollow. I think that's the simplest way I can put it.
>>
>>495528

Bottom line: What you want to do isn't simple for someone who doesn't know 3d. And for anyone who does know 3d it would be very time consuming.
>>
>>495530
Well I got the motivation and the willingness to learn. Just need someone or a video of sort to head me in the right direction.
>>
>>495537

This is my point, you need more than just a video. Go read the sticky.
>>
>>495544
Sticky was read before posting. I made this post to see if I can find some answers or some guidance as to what to do. Go a bit further than the sticky.
>>
>>495383
To be quite frank mate, it would take just as long to mess about with this model as it would to make it from scratch.

I would suggest you continue with learning Blender and use the downloaded model as a reference. If you build it yourself then the seams needed to open it will be more apparent.

Once you mark the seams, highlight everything in edit mode and unwrap, you have your '2d foldable template' .
>>
>>495548

You want me to teach you the entirety of making 3d art?

Yeah, no.
>>
>>495559
>Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated
Never said anything about teaching me the 'entirety of making 3d art?'
>>
>>495627

And I told you to read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>495630
Stop being so obnoxious, OP only wanted some advice and it's quite clear that you are unable to help, probably due to lack of your own ability.

Either help the guy out or move on to another thread.
>>
>>495663

Alright, fine. I'll help.

The sticky contains a cornucopia of resources and information on all the topics he wants and needs. I can think of no better place to start than there.
>>
>>495663

You first. If solving all his problems with a single post is that easy, why haven't you helped him yet?
>>
>>495673
I gave my advice here >>495549
probably not what he wanted to hear but it's better than a torrent of abuse and foul language.
>>
>>495678
>This is my point, you need more than just a video. Go read the sticky.

Is a torrent of abuse and foul language? Really?
>>
>>496301

Fuck off you cunt. You have your answers already.
>>
>>496325
Why even bother replying back here if you didn't contribute shit, or even help? GTFO kid.
>>
>>496470

Why do you think nobody is helping you? Bump all you want.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.