[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've made my first ever complete cartoon head mesh in Maya,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Ayylmao.png (63KB, 383x488px) Image search: [Google]
Ayylmao.png
63KB, 383x488px
I've made my first ever complete cartoon head mesh in Maya, and now I want to set about rigging and animating it for UE4. I know it's a piece of shit, but I'm just trying to get some practice down.

I have no idea what I'm doing at this point. I'm going to cut open the mouth, curve the lips inside a little bit and put a separate mesh (the teeth and throat) into it. Hopefully then I can parent this to the head mesh, rig it and animate it. From what I understand, they do roughly the same thing with eyeballs.

Is this the right way to go about doing this? I have no idea if I'm just walking into a complete fuck up or I actually have the right idea. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>493918
the basic idea is correct, but you might find it difficult to properly rig your model if topology is not proper
>>
>>493919
As per the tutorial I used when modelling, I've guided my topology around the eyes and the laugh-lines, so I don't think that should be a problem.

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to cut open the mouth without fucking up everything.
>>
File: 1422574102631.png (200KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1422574102631.png
200KB, 600x451px
>>493918
Redo the head properly before moving on to anything else. We can't see the mesh, but this is a rough for sure. Think quality, not quantity.
> You want to model? Stick to modeling and practice a lot with references
> You want to animate? Download a rig and practice animating
> Etc.
>>
File: LmaoAyy.png (177KB, 748x685px) Image search: [Google]
LmaoAyy.png
177KB, 748x685px
OP here. I finally got off my ass and began modelling the body, starting with basic primitives and smoothing groups.

Now, shit's fucked. Clicking on certain faces on the body results in pic related. Other faces, once selected, have their highlights receding into infinity.

Smoothing the model by two subdivision levels works fine. Smoothing it by one results in an AppCrash.

Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on here? I've literally done nothing except spend hours moving and merging vertices.
>>
>>495903

I can't tell you what the problem is but I recommend using Blender, I never had it crash on me.
>>
>>495942
I'm not just going to change programs m8.
>>
When making the mouth you'd better not stop at just "putting in teeth" as I was told, "make a god damn mouth cup" don't cut corners and just make a stupid hole for stupid teeth
>>
>>496035
I already made the mouth. I found a guy who ripped some of the models from a Killzone game. It had a few varied heads, all with their eyes and mouths modelled as separate objects.

A little shameless plagiarism later, and I have set of pearly whites.
>>
File: 540786345.gif (638KB, 339x233px) Image search: [Google]
540786345.gif
638KB, 339x233px
>>496038
>>
>>496038
>ripped the models from a Killzone game
man why can't somebody just port Killzone 1 into some other shooter as a mod or something
i really wish that game was in PC
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.