[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /x/ believe in the idea of hell, and if so what is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: Sword_of_Ressonance_power.png (389KB, 577x522px) Image search: [Google]
Sword_of_Ressonance_power.png
389KB, 577x522px
Does /x/ believe in the idea of hell, and if so what is your idea of hell?
>>
>>17358514
The devil eating your ass
>>
>>17358564
For all eternity?
>>
File: 1439448815083.jpg (15KB, 576x511px) Image search: [Google]
1439448815083.jpg
15KB, 576x511px
>>17358514
I believe in the regular jedu-christian hell. Demons, hellfire, brimstone, sulfur, old scratch and all that. I used to be terrified of hell when I was a practicing Christian but now it's just an interesting and macabre place, even though most of the people who say they've seen it are liars and scammers.
>>
>>17358514
this fucking thread.
>>
File: image.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>17358564
Sounds "hot"
>>
Hell is oblivion. You truly cease to exist.
>>
>>17358673
That's a hell that doesn't sound all that bad, comparatively to Devil eating my ass for all eternity
>>
>>17358632
Oh Carlos you cheeky spic
>>
>>17358514
School :^)
>>
My personal hell would be the dark eternal void atheists expect to find after death, only with a consciousness to experience it.
>>
Probably a infinite void of nothing.

In the long run it's worse then the Christian version of hell.
>>
>>17358632
Kekd
>>
>>17358878
Nothing is worse than being tortured by demons?
>>
>>17358514
No. I think the Christian idea of hell is the concept of infinity.
>>
I'm pretty sure it's mild debilitating torture. kinda like moping the kitchen for forever. You clean it and then next day it looks like someone just threw jelly everywhere. And don't forget to throw all your papers in the floor for me to pick up. Thanks for that nigga I guess the trash can was just too far away. I do a lot of house work if you haven't guessed.
>>
>>17359015
and we go to the hospital/doctor again today.
>>
>>17358896
In the short term, it is. Yet in a infinite void of nothing you will soon become insane, lonely, and trapped. You'll lose everything, including your yourself.
>>
>>17359089

The insanity is actually a defense mechanism in the unlikely event of sensory deprivation. It will stop you from feeling trapped and lonely as you go off on your own world
>>
File: robots.png (1MB, 800x4266px) Image search: [Google]
robots.png
1MB, 800x4266px
>>17358514
hell is quite litterally your deepest fears exploited for all eternity.
for instance, someone who's claustrophobic would e constantly crushed by enclosing walls, an arachnophobic would be tortured by spiders, and some scared of the dark would be locked in an infinite dark space with invisible demons or whatever.
hell plays on your deepest fears to make eternity hell for you

pic related
>>
>>17358514
>Fire
The sun.
>Rocks
Earth.
>Evil
Us.

This is hell. We are literally trapped clinging to an exploding ball of rock that circles a giant ball of fire so hot that it melts atoms. We selfishly and destructively consume whatever we can whilst holding little regard for anybody else. We've created warring factions who take great pleasure in the murder and misery of others, and whose aim is to control the masses using fear, blackmail and oppression.

This IS hell.
>>
>>17358514
The idea of hell differs
Personally I don't believe in hell but I think if it exists, then each hell is everyone's personal hell consisting of their darkest fears and things that piss each individual off.
Souls(if we have them) don't feel physical pain so it might be emotional/psychological hence why I think It consists of fears.
>>
>>17359104
What if you dosent afraid anything
>>
If Hell is in you. You are in Hell.
>>
>>17358617
>liars and scammers

But you aren't, of course.

--------------

There is a hell, everybody in here knows he's going there, they just play pretend and roleplay different beliefs so you go with them
>>
File: 356.jpg (59KB, 495x304px) Image search: [Google]
356.jpg
59KB, 495x304px
>>17358514
I think we don't accept the idea of Hell because we're too weak. In truth, hell isn't an unfair reality. It's a place where beings acquire needed teachings. Of course it's sad, but not more than the actions bringing you into it.
>>
>>17358514
Hell is a state of mind, just like heaven. Right now is all that exists. You can choose to make hell or it or heaven of it. Choose to be happy right now in the present moment and you've once again escape hell. Choose to fester on negative thoughts and you are creating your own hell.

YOU are in control. Not some big daddy in the sky. God is being in itself. Not a separate entity. If you were not you I cannot be I. If I could not be I you could not be you. Therefore, we are one. We make up the everything-ness that is divinity.
>>
>>17358514
Immortality would be hell
>>
>>17359241
We experience suffering because we have an addiction to meaning. Without thought, we come to the realization that we only have right now. With thought, we interpret the present moment. We assign it a positive or negative meaning.
If one is completely involved in the present moment, mental and emotional suffering cannot originate. People refer to "The Void" as being something scary. "The Void" is simply a state of mind without thought that can be achieved via meditation. It is a state of mind where there is only objectivity. You are not assigning meaning to the present moment, you are simply viewing it AS IT IS. Heaven is assigning positive meaning to the present moment. Hell is assigning negative meaning.
There only ever has been right now. Right now is infinity. There is no timescale for the present moment. By involving yourself fully in the present moment, you have achieved eternal life.
Heaven and enlightenment are different words for the same experience.
>>
>>17358514
Everything except that one perfect existential configuration, or maybe even existence entirely, is hell

I do believe in hell
>>
>>17359130
Then you're afraid of nothing so youre in the oblivion.
>>
I once had an lsd trip where I felt as if I was judged before and sentenced to hell. A rageful disembodied head screamed at me my sins and a world of various tortures outlined before me was revealed. I told myself over and over to not bite my tongue off, as I opened and closed my teeth and moved my tongue to avoid this (I gnashed my teeth likewise). I saw various tortured like an alien bursting from my chest and infinitely revolving into myself. When I finally thought it was over and I was safe, the head came back and it repeated.
>>
File: keanuwoahs.jpg (198KB, 566x333px) Image search: [Google]
keanuwoahs.jpg
198KB, 566x333px
>>17359491
>>
I imagine it being constantly on the verge of cumming but climax never comes
>>
>>17358514
As a Christ-ian, it's pretty difficult for me to believe in hell. It just doesn't make sense to me, and even if it's "a thing", I don't know how it's going to be justified as a fair punishment.
>>
Christian heaven is truly nightmarish.

Bowed down to god saying holy holy holy for eternity.

I'd rather find a new way to die in hell for the rest of eternity than something that redundant.
>>
>>17358514
You get to experience your sins through the eyes of all people you've hurt, in full emotional context. Experience their lives up to and beyond your crimes. Then, when you walked a mile in their shoe's, you get to re-experience your life. Knowing full well what is going to happen but unable to change the chain of events that led you astray.
>>
Hell is a metaphorical place. I believe that every choice has a right and wrong decision. We tend to be short sighted so we usually go with the wrong choice, this causes feedback on a fundimental level. The feedback causes never ending adversity for the person who made the wrong choice. Heance Hell. The less you make the wrong choice the less your adversity becomes. If you make all the right choices then that is heaven.

Its like we all live in a current we can't perceive and each decision we make is either a choice to go with or against that current
>>
>>17361152
Its metaphorical. He hasn't touched you yet so you don't understand
>>
>>17361068
Lolololol yeah that would be hellish
>>
>>17359476
He is both. A seperate entity and also part of us.
"All good things come from God" this also means in ourselves. Everything humans idolize and find noble about themselves God is the direct source of
>>
>>17358896
There is no torture in hell. Because pain, as we know it can't exist in hell. Pain is just a physical reaction when we are being brought close to a death like state. But when you are in hell, you are dead, so there is no death to fear and thus no pain.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 256x192px
>>17361523
>He hasn't touched you yet so you don't understand

Stranger danger
>>
>>17361123
Why is that?
>>
>>17361152
When we get to heaven we will finally see God. Right now we can only feel the leftover of his presence. In heaven we will actually feel Him. His glory will be so great and fill us with such joy that shouting out will be the only way to release that happiness. Kind of like when you are so happy you can't stop smiling. Only better
>>
File: 1453769064764.jpg (57KB, 582x689px) Image search: [Google]
1453769064764.jpg
57KB, 582x689px
>>17361547
Come on now...
>>
>>17358564
One mans hell is another mans heaven
>>
Empty Hell theory:

Some Catholic theologians such as Karl Rahner, Gisbert Greshake, and Cardinal Hans Urs von Balthasar have at length discussed the possibility that any man may be led by a final grace to freely willed repentance if necessary at least at some point in the process of dying. This possible process is described thus by the late Munich dogmatic Prof. Michael Schmaus: "If in terms of theology death is a meeting of a man with God in so far as God calls man and he answers obedience, readiness and love, it would be surprising if in the moment of dying the chances of taking position never were given, even contrary to the outward look. One cannot apply to experience as counter-argument, because what happens then in the interior and behind the physiological processes is only known by someone who experiences dying itself, and this unto its very end. We may assume that in the dissolving process of the earthly union of body and soul and with the progressing breakaway from earthly entanglements, a special awakeness accrues to man in which he can say yea or nay to God."

Balthasar was careful to describe his opinion that Hell might be empty as merely a hope, but even this claim was rejected by most conservative Catholics, including Cardinal Avery Dulles.
The Syllabus says in no. 17 that we may not (even) hope for the salvation of all non-Catholics; this seems to mean conversely that there is at least one non-Catholic in all history who will not be saved. Matthew 7:21–23 seems to say that "many" will be reproved; of course many need not be many statistically because even one would be too much in a respect, however many seems to be at least some and not nobody.
>>
>>17360209
Wow not lieing same thing happened to me took way too much lsd n though iwasin hell being tortured bythedevil or godformy sins n it felt like a was there for eternity.I also felt like I was being born again na load other shit. My outlook on life has changed since
>>
>>17358514
I don't believe in eternal Hell, because I don't think it makes sense to punish someone forever for a mere human lifetime's worth of sins. Purgatory makes more sense, like a prison sentence or something. Even then, I think you'd have to do some REALLY bad stuff to even go to Purgatory.
>>
File: 1455211052921.jpg (103KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455211052921.jpg
103KB, 480x480px
>>17361595

>Implying immortal cosmic entities' judgements and thought processes are going to be even remotely logical to humans
>>
>>17361708
>Implying those entities wouldn't see the moral and logical problems with eternal Hell even when many among the "lesser" species realize those problems even with their "inferior" minds
>Implying that superior intellect inherently means they'd be more inclined to cruelty rather than less
>Assuming that the judgements and thought processes of these entities would be incomprehensible to us based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever
>>
>>17361759

>Assuming that the judgements and thought processes of these entities would be comprehensible to us based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever
>>
>>17359241
What's the point of such "teachings" if you're just stuck there forever? And no, there is no act one can commit that justifies endless torture.
>>
A place where you can't fathom the pain and reality. Where worms dont die and fire doesnt go out. Eternity is there to remind you that theres no end for the torment that you'll be in.
>>
Dantes infernos description of hell

(The book not some meme game)
>>
>>17358564
spicy butthole
>>
>>17359491
this. Really hoping in a few decades everyone will realize how painfully obvious this is.
>>
>>17361800
>forever ; endless

It is said in the Bible in a figurative sense. Only heaven is eternal.
>>
>>17358877
Checked

I suspect this is it. I don't think consciousness is an inherently human or physical capability. If all matter is conscious, this is what we have in store for us... fun.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.