[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Cicada?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: cicada.jpg (30KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
cicada.jpg
30KB, 620x465px
So /x/, what's your thoughts on Cicada?
>>
Faggot role players.
>>
>>17349341
>yes
>>
>>17349341
>faggot trollplayer detected
>>
>>17349355
>amiright.jpeg
>>
They're insects that make a noise that sounds like tinnitus?
>>
>>17349324
>Looking for "highly intelligent individuals".
>Test ability to try random crap until something works, rather than ability to actually solve problems.
>Test abilities pretty much only in code breaking, solving riddles, and stenography, completely ignoring mathematics, logical reasoning, and other vital areas.
>>When not testing these areas, focus is mainly directed towards knowledge and learnt facts that would be encountered only in certain situations.
>Pretty much all tests rely on expensive software that one may just happen to own and learnt code-breaking techniques, rather than pure intelligence (the ability to memorise and manipulate information).
>First test required you to be in the correct geographical location to succeed, creating unwanted bias in the test, thus invalidating it.
I often doubt their legitimacy, given that they can't even correctly define and test for the one thing that they claim to be in search of; pure, true intelligence.
I wish them luck in their search for "highly intelligent individuals", but must warn them that their methods are highly flawed (unless they're in search of code breakers, in which case they're not putting much effort into hiding their intentions).
>Seriously, just go to prestigious universities and Mensa meetings; it'll cut down your search time dramatically.
>>
>>17349324
Its a really big bug, glad i don't have em where i live
>>
Lets rather talk about liber. Did anyone ever get to a good starting point to translate?
>>
>>17349716
Journey within. Observation of I. Mind observing itself.
>Who is cicada
Buddhists or something close to that.
>What site hashes to SHA512 hash from last page?
One of the subpages from '973 the human', You need to hash content, not url. 'Deep web' != Tor. 'Deep web' here, only means 'hard' to find.
>How you guessed?
It has hidden forum with 'emerge within'-like text and posts.
>What 3301 does mean?
3+3+1=7.
>Why they use 1033?
Duality, mirror, good and bad. 1033+3301 = 43|34 <- Duality, mirror.
>Why
Plus sign adds black and white, creating spectrum of grey.
>Mirror?
Representation of stairs. Up is I, Down ignorance.
>Liber
This is only first chapter, I expect 5, 7 or 13 in total.
>Cicada
This image may looks like an insect, but it is mask. '3301' here are lips. I have never seen an insect with holes in his wings. Mask is from these people with 2012 calendar (forget name)
>IRC
There is at least one men from cicada3301 in #cicadasolvers. His nickname plays with duality in shades of grey, yet he is.
>I don't know how to solve liber
Each letter has own number. Rest is easy. Last twitter message just threw solution at you, and you're still blind.
>Why cicada in twitter is hidden in dark?
This is representation of average solver, of his emerge state.

If you're not into spiritual, you will walk in cycles during the solving.
You may solve all of them, but more will come. 'Pilgrim' reference.

I will not respond to any comment here. zvwto (@) yandex.com
>>
>>17349341
>on /x/
>faggot role playing

Topkek
>>
>>17349538
also, looking for the most intelligent "few" but these are tackled by dozens of people throughout the process. do you just have to be lucky and be around for the final processes?
>>
>>17349932
Yeah, pretty much.
The "intelligent" ones they select are really a bunch of obsessive computer nerds who stumble upon the test at the last moment, get all of the crappy references, then have enough time on their hands (most likely because they have no jobs or social lives) to run the last clues through photoshop, randomly tweak the images a bit, and do a few google searches.
The entire thing is so contrived and ludicrous that any truly intelligent person would see its flaws and decide to spend their time doing something productive.
Also, iirc, Cicada mainly post their stuff on /b/ and /x/, rather than the most logical places to post for recruiting intellectuals - /sci/ and /biz/.
>>
>>17349907
Greatly appreciated 07. Amazing actually.
>>
>>17349324
It has provided nothing of interest in its entire lifespan. There's either nothing there or they're keeping it secret enough that there's nothing to talk about. Either way, as a subject it's a non-starter.
>>
>>17349324
>bump
>>
>>17349991
>/sci/ & /biz/

Do you know what an intellectual is, anon?
Not implying it's the set we get around here, but hour examples were just sooo full of shit.
>>
>>17349409
Facebook is the tinnitus of the internet.
>>
>>17349324
So, here's what I know about Cicada:

There's a Brazillian "deep web community" on facebook - which range from simply curious to elite-level hackers. A friend of mine browses the group, not me, and he told me that a group there was talking about how they made some of the Cicada puzzles. Here's the catch though: They were hired to do it. And apparently so were some groups from all over the world. They didn't know the identity of the hirer (When I saw "hire" I don't necessarily mean they were paid for it - I really don't remember)

So, yeah, something - a person or an larger organization - is behind this whole thing. It doesn't mean it's not some sort of ARG or prank (Hell there's a brazillian prank site that could very well be behind this shit), but someone is putting a shitload of effort on this.
>>
>>17352363
Well, since you're an anonymous voice on /x/4chan, then you can't be lying.
>>
>>17349991
intelligence =/ knowledge

They do have correlations.
>>
>>17352374
Believe what you want senpai.

Hell, they could be lying, my friend could have misunderstood something, I'm not saying it's the absolute truth. I'm just sharing the little I know.
>>
>>17349324

So, did anyone actually go to Netherland to find the plan?
>>
File: 1454734686828.jpg (41KB, 283x352px) Image search: [Google]
1454734686828.jpg
41KB, 283x352px
>>17352363
>deep web community on facebook
>deep web
>facebook
>meeting place for hackers
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.
Thanks, anonymous poster!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.