[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is enlightenment /x/? How best can it be defined with words?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: meditation.jpg (75KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
75KB, 682x1024px
What is enlightenment /x/? How best can it be defined with words? What is your "take" on it? It is such an ineffable thing, but how would you try to describe or conceptualize it to the best of your ability (or in your belief)?
>>
>>17348388
It's the moment you cum except you experience that always.
>>
Oneness is the only one of use.
The other one will kill you, respectively you would leave your body.
>>
>>17348388
for me enlightenment means perpetual satisfaction with one self's spirit
>>
Its the cessation of all falsehood in your life.
>>
>>17348582
Buddha = oneness
>>
>>17348586
You will live without any definition.
I don't accept any definition whatsoever anymore. And this is for me the reality check I perform anytime. I do not need to meditate anymore, life is my yoga.
>>
>>17348388
we've all had enlightenment the second we were born. it is simultaneously knowing nothing and everything, the default.
>>
>>17348736
Nice!
If regained this state, congrats!
To visualize that our true self has not changed since birth, is a good exercise.
Only our body and the content of our brain has changed. In comparison to what we 'knew' at birth and what we believe to know now, is like a grain of sand to the whole universe.
our true self knows and maintains every single cell of our body and what are we able to do and maintain consciously? In comparison again, nothing. Our body is just a suit collection informations through the senses and calculates the variable to come to a conclusion witch the body can give back to the global knowledge base.
You are not your suit, but unfortunately you will be judged according to your suit.
>>
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
>>
>>17348588
If you use "I" you still are defining yourself.
This is why I don't speak as an act of yoga.
>>
It is the never ending quest for both knowledge of everything and nothing.
There are infinite possibilities of what could and couldn't be.
One must seek to become of both everything and nothing.
To lose ego, doubt, truth and fiction, for they are also of fact and fiction.
Acceptance and unacceptance of everything that makes one human and of this realm.

Or perhaps it is simply an awakened consciousness, that seeks knowledge.
Can animals without thought who are driven by pure instinct become enlightened?

The never ending questions of both the mad world and the sane one.
>>
Words fall short to express the ineffable.
>>
>>17348388
Who's the semen demon?
>inb4 google, it's from a book cover
>>
>>17349012
>semen demon
It's kind of stupid to think this way. It's a fairly good looking woman in clothes that make it fairly obvious. I mean, is that really the first thing that comes to your mind when you see that? Just curious.
>>
>>17349018
This your first week on 4chan friend?
>>
>>17349019
No, I just never said anything about how stupid "semen demon" sounds. I wouldn't use it to describe any person. That just sounds very degrading. Also semen is nasty stuff.
>>
File: image.png (603KB, 613x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
603KB, 613x751px
There are many paths to enlightenment. I Imagine every time i get into a battle it is a fight to the death and that i am the perfect martyr dying for what i believe in
>>
>>17349052
>source of life
>nasty
Pick one
>>
File: 1438334006393.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438334006393.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>17349052
Have you ever tasted it?
Its both delicious and nutritious.

Also this,
>>17349064
>>
>>17348388
Let's say you presupposed yourself to be a snail. Then you remove the presupposition; that would be enlightening. Final enlightenment is the same movement except totally extensive.
>>
>>17348388
There is no enlightenment, thinking there is such thing as enlightenment can only obstruct you because there is nothing to achieve. If u ever think u are, then u are surely not.
>>
>>17349109
It takes time for some to realize that.
>>
wyruchałbym tę kurwę
>>
>theres no enlightment, ego, oneness yadda yadda yadda

If you're reading this post and plan to submit a reply then PLEASE don't include these platitudes in your post.
>>
>>17348388
Don't think so much on attaining a noun (I am saying too much) but on living out the verbs. Enlighten. Enlightening. So on.
>>
>>17349018
>>17349052
Well shit took a turn for the worse when I went on my nap.
Semen demon is the very best compliment for a woman because it defines her and her qualities as those of an Earthmother goddess.
>>
>>17349124
Do you have anything to contribute to the thread about achieving enlightenment
>>
>>17348388
Nobody here knows. You have to experience for being able to explain. No one here experiences, this question is stupid.
>>
File: Prabhupada Tompkins Square.jpg (187KB, 533x768px) Image search: [Google]
Prabhupada Tompkins Square.jpg
187KB, 533x768px
>>17348388
Enlightenment is knowing your true self and confidently acting in that knowledge no matter the circumstance.

These are the symptoms Krishna gave, to know the enlightened soul:

>Bg 2.55 — The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: O Pārtha, when a man gives up all varieties of desire for sense gratification, which arise from mental concoction, and when his mind, thus purified, finds satisfaction in the self alone, then he is said to be in pure transcendental consciousness.
>Bg 2.56 — One who is not disturbed in mind even amidst the threefold miseries or elated when there is happiness, and who is free from attachment, fear and anger, is called a sage of steady mind.
>Bg 2.57 — In the material world, one who is unaffected by whatever good or evil he may obtain, neither praising it nor despising it, is firmly fixed in perfect knowledge.
>Bg 2.58 — One who is able to withdraw his senses from sense objects, as the tortoise draws its limbs within the shell, is firmly fixed in perfect consciousness.
>>
>>17348388
Enlightenment is like the process of AGI turning into ASI.
>>
>>17348388
the space between your thoughts
>>
for me it's in a way just the ability to be able to drop whatever your caught up with very swiftly and feel ok again.
>>
>>17348388
licking that hot chick you posted's feet, thats enlightenment
>>
Its having a true understanding of the driving forces of the universe.

Basically being able to see the matrix
>>
First Jhāna — the five hindrances have completely disappeared and intense unified bliss remains. Only the subtlest of mental movement remains, perceivable in its absence by those who have entered the second jhāna. The ability to form unwholesome intentions ceases.
Second Jhāna — all mental movement utterly ceases. There is only bliss. The ability to form wholesome intentions ceases as well.
Third Jhāna — one-half of bliss (joy) disappears.
Fourth Jhāna — The other half of bliss (happiness) disappears, leading to a state with neither pleasure nor pain, which the Buddha said is actually a subtle form of happiness. The remaining qualities are: "a feeling of equanimity, neither pleasure nor pain; an unconcern due to serenity of awareness; unification of mind, contact, feeling, perception, intention, consciousness, desire, decision, persistence, mindfulness, equanimity & attention".

fifth jhana, the meditator discovers that there is no object, but only an infinite space, which is empty. This perception motivates the interest of claiming arupajhanas.
sixth jhana, it becomes obvious that space has no existence. There is only infinite consciousness.
seventh jhana appears the feeling that there is no consciousness, but nothingness.
eighth jhana consists in the most discrete possible state of mind, which justifies the using of "neither perception nor non-perception".

from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ar%C5%ABpajh%C4%81na

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhy%C4%81na_in_Buddhism
>>
>>17348388
I'll try to explain it with your limited tongue...

God is safe to smoke weed at least from asshole hell for CP with credit following from scratch at FNAF and Minecraft with your cooperation to explain my virginity carjacking animations to ruin our solar system are working with muslims to initiate illuminati world dominant plan
>>
>>17348388
It really depends on where you look and what philosophy you adhere to. Its too many things to describe concisely. In my view it involves things like being ok with death, like real really ok with death. Its integrating yourself into earth in an honest way in regard to your relationship with it, ie a spec. The concepts themselves are pretty easy to understand, actually reaching emotional alignment with them is another thing.
>>
File: john-cages-quotes-1.jpg (40KB, 525x334px) Image search: [Google]
john-cages-quotes-1.jpg
40KB, 525x334px
>>
>>17353392
im perfectly ok with dying, but the death of the earth does scare me
>>
>>17348388
Defined with words?

Bait, unobtainable, food for thought, aspiration, palpable.

a rabbit hole with a mirror at the bottom.

Enjoy,
>>
>>17353404
You must realize that God is a vampire I'm afraid of daylight and all I do is kill but I want to put him in a sack and throw him into the earth to appease the fish government. That is how the earth will end, unenlightened anon. Search yourself and you can understand what I am saying.
>>
>>17348388
Enlightenment is very simple. There are many so-called experiences of enlightenment however there are two important ones. The first is the one you are familiar with, the "fountainhead" "nirvana" "awakened" there are many names for it but all it consists of is death. The death of what you might wonder? The death of your separate self for an extended period of time. Long enough for you to realize the veil has been lifted. Once this happens you will be a new being. Your ego will have gone and you will have an awareness that breaches the solar system (unlike how normal humans have trouble concentrating on 1 single computer screen) You see most humans, about 99.999% of so are under the illusion that they are separate from the universe, this is supposed to be; in order to increase the yield of valued experience while under the guise of a innocence and bewilderment (although bias does escape through the birthing process due to previous life experiences). You cannot inhabit this universe (illusionary or otherwise) without being apart of it; all is one and infinite and infinity is wholesome. What happens when you experience enlightenment is different for each entity but most range from extreme happiness to the immediate cessation if the current reincarnation in order to start work in the next vibration of existence. There is another enlightenment so to speak which is of an even rarer nature. It is when an entity through the power of infinite potential in the moment, somehow (often due to the random anomalies that are present within this universe) opens up the gateway to intelligent infinity and breaches and even wider so to speak portion of the veil. Breaching all the way into the next octave of experience or beyond the limitations of even the most advanced entity residing within our universe,
>>
>>17353679
Is Facebook down?
>>
It's a lot of things really, it's just having an epiphany that changes your life drastically in a way few experience.

For instance, truly losing your ego.
>>
Here a little contribution for your path :
>>17353520
>>
I would say it's the understanding of your own true nature, and to see that you are one with the supreme oneness that is the universe. That everything that existence entails, cannot be anything but existence itself, as It's all just different sides of the same coin. Such a realization if truly felt will create unconditional love towards all, as you will be able to see yourself in all. If humanity could achieve such a collective conciousness, then the world would become paradise. We change our minds, we change our world.
>>
>>17353789
I have no idea why "losing your ego" is a desirable outcome for some people.

I see enlightenment as knowing exactly who I am and what I am capable of. As my list of capabilities grows longer, I see myself as being closer to enlightenment. If I am able to handle myself and take care of myself in the way that my environment dictates that I must then I will be closer to enlightenment. If self care and preservation becomes second nature then consciousness if free to expand.

Sitting around and meditating after smoking a joint when you can't even pay your cell phone bill is not enlightenment. It is called being lazy.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.