[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USEFUL Superpowers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

Hey /x/ I was wondering what people's opinions on what are the most useful superpowers in the real world.
I mean, flying and super-strength are cool and flashy and all, but in reality, it wouldn't truly be useful in getting much of anything done.
so what do you think? Got any real world applications for anything?
>>
Animal-vegetable-mineral man...
>>
>>17342507

Killgrave in Jessica Jones has a pretty useful power. He can make people do whatever he wants.

Memory manipulation would be good, too. Make people forget you were there.
>>
>>17342526
bump?
>>
>>17342535
Kilgrave is very deadly and extremely useful. inspiring loyalty to the Nth degree making people want to do whatever you ask is amazingly versatile and powerful...
imagine, you could accomplish just about anything.

great one, thanks anon!
>>
>>17342507
>flying
>not useful

Ok then.

But here are some useful superpowers. Invisibility and shapeshifting have the weight of literature and mythology (LOTR and Norse mythology) as well as popular culture (X Men, fantastic four, Wonder Woman, the invisible man) behind them, thus attesting attesting their usefulness.
>>
I'd like telekinesis myself. Think of all the claw games you could win.
>>
>>17342548
>Invisibility

Yeah, but what good does it actually do? unless you are a spy or some shit?

>and shapeshifting
this has possibilities, if you could form utility shapes to help accomplish tasks, I guess.
>>
>>17342549
>telekinesis
could be very useful, especially in laboratory situations when you need to manipulate dangerous matter at a safe distance...
>>
speaking of the psychic realm, telepathy and empathy might be useful... depending on how they function of course.
>>
>>17342561
I think what both have in common and makes them so fascinating has to do with the possibilities of a more, ugh, sexual nature. Imagine impersonating Chad or following that super hot girl home invisibly... Yeah, I know it's perverse.
>>
>>17342585
i'm reminded of the kevin bacon version of The Invisible Man... he was a fucking psycho rapist when he turned invisible
>>
bump?
>>
>>17342592
That's what I had in mind too. But also Zeus/Jupiter in the play Amphitryon shapeshifts into a woman's husband in order to impregnate her. That's how Hercules was conceived. It's in the collective unconscious!
>>
>>17342507
Shapeshifting for mass chaos
>>
>>17342614
>for mass chaos
Not useful.
>>
Hyper-Intelligence. Basically allows you to figure out how to do any damn thing in the world
>>
>>17342542
Killgrave is basically a less powerful Darran Brown.

He can make you kill another person, and so muchother shit. Honestly Derran brown is the real life killgrave.
>>
File: derren-brown.jpg (249KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
derren-brown.jpg
249KB, 500x500px
>>17342651
*derren brown

Sorry. Spelt his name wrong. But he's the real deal.
>>
>>17342651
>a less powerful Darran Brown
He's a MORE powerful Derren Brown.
Brown is just a street hack one step up from Criss Angel
>>
>>17342726
and, you know, killgrave ain't gay, either, so that's one more plus for the Purple Man
>>
File: lS60O-GL.jpg (42KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lS60O-GL.jpg
42KB, 640x640px
>>17342726
Bullshit.

>>17342734
What's wrong with being gay? Dare you to say that at Derren. He could turn you into a gay sex slave.

Fgt
>>
Hiro from lost. Master of time and space.

He can freeze, reverse, or go ahead in time, as well as teleport anywhere he wants to.

Basically he's a god.

I would go back in time and observe all of human history, find out how we came to be, what we were before the various ice ages. Then I would see how we end up in 100 years.

Plus the ability to freeze time and run through crack head neighborhoods kicking doors in and stealing all their drug money.
>>
>>17342752
Sounds like I'd have to wait in line, if I were so inclined, as you seem to have your lips firmly wrapped around his cock, faggot.
>>
>>17342760
Doing all that you would have to be immortal to see it all...
but what would that do for us in the real world? What use would it be? confirming scientific theories, maybe?
>>
>>17342752
>Dare you to say that at Derren
he came out in public as gay, you stupid motherfucker
>>
>>17342782
you could always eat his butthole though
>>
>>17342795
fuck off back to /b/ faggot
>>
Teleportation would be cool if you were like an EMT, you could zip people to the hospital
for that matter, healing others would be way more useful, just waving a healing hand and *poof* no more ouchies... but you'd get mobbed.
i'd be secretive about it and charge a ton to rich people and on the sly visit homeless people ;)
>>
Rapid reactive cellular adaptation and regeneration.
>>
>>17342783
Or maybe you traveling backwards is the sole reason for humanity to exist?
>>
>>17342507
Powers of the mind is the most practical for business
>>
>>17342507
the ability to accelerate electromagnetic signals

really useful for wifi
>>
>>17342760
Hiro was from Heroes, no?

Speaking of Heroes(or maybe it was the 4400), there was an ability one woman had where she could learn and perfectly execute everything she saw.
Some dude gave her an ipod loaded with videos on everything that she could watch when needed and gain skills.

i remember she used it for parkour and shit

seems damn useful
>>
>>17342642
But then you'd realise how hollow everything is, get depressed, and then kill yourself.
>>
The ability to manipulate time. I mean a few more hours to sleep? Cmon.
>>
The power be able sex men VERY good
So I can be rich & famous and only work one times per month & help mom with daddy's medical care.

Best superhero!
>>
>>17342561
Shapeshifting implies you have no gross anatomy, so you can't be injured unless you're totally incinerated or something.
>>
>>17343149
That's photographic reflexes like Marvel's Taskmaster. He can instantly replicate any physical skill he sees performed. Want to be the best boxer? Watch a bunch of Ali fights. Want to be a great bow shot? Watch Hawkeye nailing some shit.

He also watched Bruce Lee at 2x to learn how to move faster, but he's just got a normal human body so he can't do it for more than a couple seconds or hell make himself have a heart attack.
>>
>>17342760
did he ever make a the world joke?
>>
>>17342507
the power to breath, travel in space and resist any temperature. i would go find a different planet to live on and travel the cosmos
>>
>>17342561
Seriously? With invisibility you could to unaccounted for by everyone except those you wanted to see you. Never have to work again, bc you could take all that you wanted from any store. Never be accountable to the government again If you wanted to go all out.Just stow away on cruise ships to the Bahamas. Itd be luxury on demand all the time.
>>
>>17343640
>Want to be the best boxer? Watch a bunch of Ali fights.
>idiots truly think this

Mimicking an action is a TERRIBLE way to learn how to use the action. This is like saying if I move the chess pieces just like Bobby Fischer, I can be a grandmaster at chess.
>>
>>17344215
it was the character they were referring to's ability
>>
>>17344308
>people think perceptions like mine wont be useful ever
think again, faggots.
other realms work exactly as i think they do.
>>
>>17344215
>like saying if I move the chess pieces just like Bobby Fischer, I can be a grandmaster at chess

no, it isn't, but i can see where you're coming from. one of those is literally 100% a mind game. muscle memory plays a bit of a larger role in the other.
pretending one had this "learn what you see" ability, you're right you're not going to be as good as Ali from watching his fights, but the muscle/movements memory you would gain from watching would be a huge benefit.
>>
>>17342507
The most power full power of all would be to be able to change reality in an instant, means you need money, you get money out of thin air. Your dreams comes true in an instant. To be a Master of the universe! Could it be done in reality? Yes!
>>
>>17342812
Sounds gay
>>
The perfect answer would be complete temporal control over your person.

Imagine a form of time travel where you can transfer your current consciousness, personality and memories backwards and forwards in time, taking control of your physical body of the time you choose to stop in. Like a fast forward and rewind control on your life.

Not only would you be able to correct any possible mistake you make, but through enough trial and error, you could do pretty much anything. Sleep with every girl you know, and then travel back before you did so to try for another. Travel wherever you want. Win every fight you may (or may not) find yourself in. You'd never run out of time. It's quite literally the strongest and most useful super-power, real world or not.
>>
>>17344724
The only real weakness I can think of is that if you run the same situations over and over, even if you don't intervene, you run the risk of rapidly changing the future simply from the neurons in your head firing differently, due to quantum indeterminacy.

Theoretically, you may never be able to change the same event in the same way and have it result in the same future. Why you would do this is anyone's guess, and exactly what would happen is impossible to know, but that's all that's coming to me.
>>
>>17342579
How are they useful
>>
>>17344746
Telepathy could be useful if you needed to exchange a lot of information quickly without talking. Depending on whether you need to actually see the person you're 'pathing' to, you could spread information over hundreds of kilometres. This would be the case where I imagine it would be at its most useful. I'm assuming the anon meant telepathy as in sending messages back and forth, but not necessarily reading their minds. Now that I think about it, telepathy without mind-reading is significantly less useful in that you can send messages but can't receive them the same way. Like a one-way street.

Empathic perception would be a lot more useful in a realistic everyday environment. Being able to instantly pick up on and comprehend the smallest emotional changes would be heaven for a social person. You might not even need to listen to what they say half the time - how they say it would give you a lot more information.
Developed properly, it almost serves as a rudimentary mind-reading technique, which would work well in tandem with telepathy.
>>
Real world psionics would be the most powerful/useful superpower.
>>
>>17345121
For the simple reason that it doesn't have any realistic limit. Its just a force that overcomes all other known forces in existence.

>well most psionics with jean grey (phoenix) as the exception have a limit

And to that I respond training. Professor X could stop time. Imagine what even more training and practice could accomplish. At some point it would become godlike.
>>
>>17342537
Newfag
>>
>>17342507
Power Ring, pretty much any of the ones other than red or green.

I win.
>>
Why not mind control? I can't find any flaws with this one.
>>
>>17346001
the worst part is the realization everybody is like not even alive
>>
>>17343977
Dude, how bad is your asthma?
Most of us can already breath
>>
>>17342549
Dreaming big my friend
>>
>>17346022

Valid point, Anon. I stand corrected.
>>
>>17343149
Yeah she was in heroes. It was Micahs half sister or something like that
>>
>>17342804
>constant use of faggot
>tells other people to go back to /b/
>>
Ok /x/ let's do this.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
Post power, if it would be useful IRL, and how it could go wrong in way that only /x/ would consider.
>>
Who cares about usefulness? If you have godlike superpowers you can make other people do your bidding. Let the plebs do useful things for you.
>>
>>17346133
Just because you have super powers doesn't mean you can rule the world, or even have a chance at wining a bar fight. Different powers have different levels of usefulness. Powers like matter manipulation would be far less useful than something like squirrel powers.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.