[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of Chernobyl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Chernobyl_Disaster.jpg (33KB, 278x359px) Image search: [Google]
Chernobyl_Disaster.jpg
33KB, 278x359px
Are there any theories on it?, have you visited it?
>>
File: get_out_of_here_stalker.jpg (75KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
get_out_of_here_stalker.jpg
75KB, 750x600px
>>17339337
>>
>>17339337
Yea it's pretty boring there gave me cancer just like you did
>>
>>17339337
I would like to go before i die, i bet its a surreal experience, standing in an empty city
>>
>>17339337
I wouldnt worry about it
>>
>>17339337
>Are there any theories on it?
Theories about what? Conspiracy theories you mean? None needed, it was just a fuckup, no ill intent.
Slavs + science = total fucking disaster
>>
>>17339726
this desu famailia
>>
>>17339337
was operational and producing power for Ukraine up to 2001.
>>
>>17339337
A place full of radiation
>>
>>17339337
radiation =/= paranormal
>>
>>17339337
it was a crime how they kept the danger under secret. the liquidator gave their lifes for black/white televisions probably not knowing they are going to die
>>
>>17339337
Putin farted on it
>>
I haven't been there. Is it safe
>>
>>17342568
truth. they were some very brave men, but they were lied to about the dangers
>>
>>17343376
Most of the radiation in the city has dissipated to the point where it's safe to walk around there for a bit, hell, they even give guided tours of it.

The radiation in the red forest is still relatively high though, and inside the sarcophagus there's still dangerous levels of radiation.
>>
>>17339337
I would love to visit it and maybe go on one of those "hunt the mutants of Chernobyl" hunting tours.

For anyone saying it isn't /x/ related, what about the decaying abandoned town? The fact that the radiation has caused minor mutations in the naimals? The fact that the government sent men to die to try and contain it or the fact that the sarcophagus was hastily slapped together and was really shitty to the point it was failing? The new one should last for a century, hopefully.

The worst part however is that beneath where the core is stored a pool of water has gathered over the years. If the core sinks it will reach this pool of water. When water is super heated into steam it tends to cause explosions.

This would be very bad.
>>
>>17344173
Isn't there currently a project underway to seal the sarcophagus so if it ever does collapse the resulting explosions and radiation will be contained?
>>
>>17343376
You can visit it for a brief amount of time. You have to go on an official tour to be allowed in and can only stay for an hour or so.
>>
>>17344205
From what I understand, the new project is just building a big concrete tube over the top of it. The water is still there beneath the reactor and the reactor isn't being moved.

Literally just building a bigger concrete structure over the older one.
>>
So is that gif that gets posted of the helicopter crashing supposedly due to the heat of the reactor core as it was transporting material to try and contain it actually true or did it just fly into something by accident?
>>
>>17339726

we still kicked your assess in the space race.
>>
File: Sad stalker.jpg (90KB, 680x932px) Image search: [Google]
Sad stalker.jpg
90KB, 680x932px
>>17346112
Gentlemen, less dick waving, more irradiated mutants.
>>
File: camo.png (161KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
camo.png
161KB, 512x512px
>>17339337
All ghillied up OP..... all ghillied up.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.