[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schizophrenia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 3d-houseguest.gif (901KB, 429x438px) Image search: [Google]
3d-houseguest.gif
901KB, 429x438px
/x/ ... I think my friend might be going insane. Has anyone dealt with schizophrenia before in a friend?
>>
I feel like I might be becoming schizophrenic. There have been many nights I wake up and I feel like something is watching me, and wants to hurt me. I snap out of it after a few minutes, though.
>>
>>17328512
yes, adult onsent. hes impossible to deal with
>>
>>17328512
>>>/adv/
>>
>>17328512
I'm a schizo myself and have a schizo mother I had to deal with.. but don't know what to tell you other than good luck to your friend, I hope he gets into treatment asap and gets better fast, meds are pretty much the only thing that can help him if he really has schizo..
>>
>>17328548
>>17328562
>>17328565
Ok I'm not a doctor or anything so maybe I was a bit too liberal with my use of the word "schizophrenic." I'm also not even sure if that's the right word here.

Basically I think he's starting to assume a different personality. Or like developing a split personality. Some of the things he is saying are very spooky.
>>
>>17328631
Oh it's a role play thread..
>>
>>17328635
What is the word for this? Schizophrenics believe they are talking to/hearing other people, yeah?

My friend seems to think he is literally becoming somebody else
>>
>>17328512
>>17328662

Might be Dissociative Identity Disorder, or Multiple Personality Disorder. It tends to happen when someone has or is going through a traumatic experience. One personality is "the real them" who can't handle the pain of what is happening, and any other personalities are there to help them deal with their feelings.

It's not so much that he is becoming someone else, but there is such a shift in the demeanor that it seems like a different person, even to them.

The best thing you can do in any case where you have a friend with a mental illness, is to be understanding and supportive. If you feel they should talk to someone, help them out with that. With therapy they may be able to realize they don't need to assume these other personalities and find ways to cope and work through their issues.
>>
Tell me about your friend and I'll tell you if I think the situation is dangerous enough that you should try to find him help
>>
>>17328512
Tell him about it,I think that I am going insane as well,but when you know about it you can at last try to stop it,tell him to do that.
He has to fight it,its not easy,help him as much as you can
>>
OP I believe that it is quite often as spiritual problem. Have your friend read this

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/john-kjv.html

The LORD be with you
>>
>>17328819
I myself suffer from schiz, so I wrote from experience
>>
File: 1454547697374.jpg (134KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454547697374.jpg
134KB, 500x640px
>>17328819
gtfo retard, schizophrenia is most certainly not a spiritual problem. stop trying to push your religion
>>
>>17329345
hes a latent skinwalker
>>
Hi /x/ just gonna assume this is the appropriate thread. For quite a while ive been hearing voices of people i know just calling my name when im trying to sleep. Didnt mind it at all cuz some people i told about it said they had experienced something similar one time or another. But tonight, like 20 mins ago, it started telling me full sentences. I responded to it in my head. It was responsive to my thoughts and very obedient. It felt like it was one "entity" that was mimicking my friends voices and some of their vocal behaviours. Then I went like "if im going schizzo we gotta put down some ground rules". I told the voice that it is not allowed to see or talk about my memories. And then it tried being coercive. The voice in my head seriously told me "c'mon haha, I won't hurt you." Then i began getting chills and instantly feelings of dread and anxiety. I sat up, grabbed my phone and it stopped. Came here straight after i read some imgur posts to calm down a bit.
>>
>>17330252
Has anyone else experienced something like this? Is this the first stage to going schizzo?
Also Im not on drugs right now. Ive tried shrooms twice and havent smoked weed in half a year at least. Im kind of hung over from drinking but that's it.
>>
>>17330252
>>17330266
If it's very loud and then very quiet, and always when you're going to sleep, then yes it's exploding head syndrome. and yes, you may be schizo later in life.
>>
>>17330266
Short answer: IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL TO HEAR SHIT IN THE WAKE-SLEEP PERIOD BEFORE SLEEPING OR BEFORE WAKING UP
long answer: been going to therapy for 2 years now, mostly for cognitive behavioral therapy, each time i talk to a psychologist and psychiatrist,
you guys are very quick in deeming weird behavior as schizophrenia, trust me, the easiest way to find out if you really have something ongoing is to see a psychiatrist, stop reading bullshit on the internet, even if it helps u understand what it may be, leave it to a professional to put the diagnosis
ps: usually most "weird" behavior u see most probably be a psychosis generated by fuck knows what, the factors are many
>>
>>17330295
It's pretty much as loud as a whisper all the time
>>
>>17330308
I dont trust psychiatrists. People are way too different for someone to be an actual, good, psychiatrist. I resort to this thread to read other experiences and make my own assumption about myself. I know my concious, sentient self well enough to do that.
>>
>>17330407
good for you, i hope you will find the answers you seek
>>
>>17330430 cheers. Thanks for responding as well. Every little bit helps
>>
>>17330252
>>>17328631
Im a schizo and I always hear my friends voices insulting me wherever I go and whatever I do.
>>
>>17328662
Oh now I get it
>>
My closest friend was diagnosed with schizophrenia at an early age, so he was well medicated long before his mind keeled over. I can only hope it doesn't develop into something bad later in life.
>>
I'm schizo and from what I understand you have to do more than hear voices to be declared schizo. You must have at least one other symptom like visual hallucination or delusions of grandeur or paranoia. And it must be debilitating enough for you to seek hospitalization.

I required hospitilization. And I require meds. Without them, I don't understand anything.

Don't speak lightly of a disease you don't have.
>>
>>17328512
Schizophrenics are very reactive. Take charge emotionally. If you want to talk to your friend and he is acting insane. talks calmly as if everything is normal. Being worried and afraid won't bring your friend back. Being patient and loving will. Call to him, he is still in there. TAKE CHARGE EMOTIONALLY, don't react to his insanity, react to your friend.
>>
>>17331568 here>>17331589 is right
>>
>>17330252
The unconscious usually takes a contrarian position to the current conscious attitude. Try making statements that are true and mundane. You should hear comical protests to the contrary.

Also stop drinking caffeine and up your vitamin C intake.
>>
>>17328793
This anon sounds correct, i think i have split personality. It started when my mum started drinking heavily every night, im in full control of my body but have a voice in my head with independant thoughts that often tells me what to do. Mums stopped drinking but voice is still in head. I often talk to it when i get bored and can uphold a conversation with it for quite a while.
>>
The Human Race is Schizophrenic.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.