[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob questions on Tulpamancy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

File: tulpa_10_by_ulwik-d5apl1o.jpg (54KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
tulpa_10_by_ulwik-d5apl1o.jpg
54KB, 900x636px
1. Have you achieved to create one?
2. How does one make it?
3. Can tulpas be created accidentally?
4. Do you believe that they are a psychosomatic hallucinations or do you think that they are real in nature and able to interact physically with the environment?
5. Is there any difference between them and little kids' imaginary friends?
>>
1. No
2. tulpa.info
3. Yes
4. I believe they are etheric lifeforms that can only interact with their creator
5. Tulpae require more concerted effort to make
>>
bump for answers
>>
Bump for curiosity.

Anyone tried this before?
>>
I tried once, didn't finish it thou.
After several weeks i managed to barely hear her voice.
But im lazy as fuck, so i eventually forgot about it.
>>
this shit forreal?
>>
>>17328035

I used to have a Tulpa once. I crated it to persuade me into doing tasks I did not want to do. There is no doubt they only exist in peoples minds, and it can be perfectly healthy to have one (to a certain degree). I don't know if they're different from a kids imaginary friend or not, but they are great company at times, like on a boring plane flight.
>>
> 2. How does one make it?
just make a servitor and then apply what you have learned to tulpas. easy.
>>
more questions:

6. Do you speak with tulpas with your mind or you must talk aloud?
7. At which point is this all different from being an acknowledged schizophreniac?
>>
>>17328035
can you explain what a tulpa is? and how you summon or conjure one?
>>
File: 1328892540953.png (728KB, 501x2689px) Image search: [Google]
1328892540953.png
728KB, 501x2689px
>>
So has anyone had any luck getting their tulpa to take visual form so they can actually see it, not just see it with the mind's eye?
>>
File: aesthetics.jpg (54KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
aesthetics.jpg
54KB, 640x640px
>>17331937
I've been trying for almost a year. No results so far. I want to believe but I'm staring to think people who claim to have a tulpa is just roleplaying and/or insane
>>
>asking for a mental disorder

Be careful with this.
>>
>>17339161
2/10
>>
>>17328035
Can I get a sauce on the pic?
>>
>>17338397
For some people it takes years and years of practice, for others it can happen in weeks, it really just varies
>>
>>17328035
1. Yes, I have 5.
2. Concentration, meditation, constant improvisation with scripting, focus, dedication... You have to have good traits and intentions to really make something out of it I think.
3. Yes. My 1st and 2nd were.
4. I think if you lose yourself in them, then it's more of a disorder. Example: Mine are used to help others.
5. Yes and no. Hard to explain.
Tulpas are serious business and take a lot of effort to shape and form. Mine are shaking their heads no when I think about you trying to create one out of the blue.
>>
File: ZeroOfTen.jpg (88KB, 686x582px) Image search: [Google]
ZeroOfTen.jpg
88KB, 686x582px
>>17339593
>"Tulpas are serious business and take a lot of effort to shape and form."
>lots of 12 yo furfags and other kinds of autistic and retarded people claim to have one or more
>>
>>17340809

Just because it's serious doesn't mean you can't use it irresponsibly
>>
>>17336520
Yes.
>>
File: isnegative.jpg (34KB, 694x732px) Image search: [Google]
isnegative.jpg
34KB, 694x732px
>Made a tulpa
>She decides she wants to move out on her own
>She leased out a small apartment in my name and got a part time job as a barista at Starbucks
>While going to the local community college to get a degree in communications

Where did I go wrong?
>>
>>17340809
The tulpa community was significantly better before MLP took off.
>>
>>17341838
Try making a second tulpa and persuade it to become a hitman. Then just put up a contract.
>>
>>17328035
I have a story for you that may answer some questions, but it'll probably raise others. It's a story of me about 2 year ago and what I can best describe as an accidental "Tulpa". And what has led me to believe that the mind is a hell of a thing when you manage to turn it against you.

The "tulpa" was very stereotypical, humanoid shrouded in darkness, seemingly oozing a cloud of blackness around it. I could visualise him pretty easily. He was about half my size at first. I had "created" it as a way to cope with the stress I was being put through that year. It was, in essence, a visualisation of my problems in an attempt to solve them. I called it Ragnarok, because he reminded me of Soul Eater's Ragnarok.

Ragnarok was understandably always angry, when we "spoke" it yelled every word angrily. And to be honest it wasn't really accomplishing the goal of solving my problems through it. In fact, when I was under stress it grew bigger and louder, more distracting. It didn't really exist of course, it was just a figment of my imagination.

So I was under a lot of stress, and Ragnarok was huge. He towered over me and he roared instead of the usual yelling. He started looking down on me. Just a weakling that couldn't handle his own shit. It seemed my "tulpa" had turned itself against me. But I was the author of this book, I was still the one steering the creature. Out of curiousity I'd literally turned my imagination against myself.

A while later I was just playing some game and suddenly I got mad, like not just mad, I was livid, I was absolutely searing with rage. So much so that I had to get up, stare at the mirror and say "I'm in charge here." after which the anger just disappeared.

My life has calmed down since then, and you could say Ragnarok is still with me. When I visualise him, he comes up to about my knee and he just talks now, no more yelling. Is he a tulpa, or was he ever a tulpa? I don't think so.

Cont 1-2 lines
>>
cont from >>17342868

I think Ragnarok was my mind picturing all the issues, all the problems and all the stress I had to tackle around that time as a literal enemy, an enemy I had to beat, and the only way to beat it was by either tackling it head-on and trying to save my year in college, or accepting that I fucked up my year in college and would have to drop out. And I chose the second option.

What I'm trying to say is that a "tulpa" may not be an actual autonomous creature that can achieve sentience, but more an "assistance" your mind creates for you. I hope that makes sense, and that I managed to put some questions to rest.

Of course it's possible that I'm completely fucking wrong.
>>
>>17328035
1: Yes
2: Details are on tulpa.info, the IRC is a great help
3: indeed they can
4: Hallucinations, im a biomedical scientist and I doubt they're angels as some people say, or ghosts or whatever
5: this is a grey area, some people think kids immaginary friends are underdeveloped tulpas
>>
>>17340809
>calls people autistic and retarded
>posts anime girl reaction image
>of all possible characters, chooses a ghost
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>17333578
6: You can do both
7: schitzophrenia is a mental disorder, it can be observed, tested, and measured to an extent. its a genetic/environmentally brought on disorder that causes one to fail to recognise whats real and whats not, confused thinking, and hearing multiple voices.
Tulpas on the other hand are a trick of the brain, a controlled (to an extent) hallucination within the brain
>>
what is the worst thing that could happend if i try to create one? sorry for mi english
>>
>>17338397
I started in early 2011, in secondary school. I believed it was all a troll too, I was actually doing a work placement for college in april 2015 when my tulpa finally spoke, it scared the shit out of me, and after that she wouldnt shut up. keep at it man, it takes dedication but its one wild experiance.
>>
>>17343301
the worst thing that could happen is maybe once or twice it'll make you jump, dont worry about it and ignore all the creepy pasta
>>
1. Sort of.
2. Look around. The methods are easy, the difficulty of sticking with it varies.
3. Yes. Especially writers or chronic daydreamers.
4. Energetic entity that under extremely unusual and uncommon circumstances can become physical through seemingly mundane circumstances.
5. More development and autonomy.
6. Either.
7. Come on, is this really necessary now? If you're interested and mildly well read you should know better.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2866x6498px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2866x6498px
>>17328035
This guy did it.
>>
>>17328035
>Cant visualize
>But the voice is working fine
>Shit is in reverse
>3 years later still cant visualize.
>Voice claims to be sentient. Claims that she is there and will often spark conversation or try to calm me if I sperg out.
>Question her about it.
>Promises she is there and I should not doubt her.
Am I insane? If not, how do I un-fuck this? Is there a way to give a "form to a disembodied Tulpa? Niggas I am SO lost. This is what I get for ignoring guides and trying to wing it.
>>
>>17344134
man fuck you.
mine keep trying to rip me out of reality.
but like, not in the one way that i want.
i have to work for that one.
>>
>>17344134
I was just thinking, this could really mindfuck someone. And here you are. Probably gonna have to use your own blood to give her physical form.
>>
>>17344180
What do you mean by man the fuck and "rip me out of reality"?

>>17344213
I hope you dont mean literal blood. I hope you mean it as in work my ass off with no end.
>>
>>17344228
like, they just keep sharing beneficial afterlives and telling me i should kill myself to go to them.
im a writer, and intend to live in the stories i write, so thats expected though.
>>
>>17344304
Tell them to wait? Its just 50-70 years or so. If they existed with previous lives or whatever that should be like 2min.
>>
>>17344328
i know right?
being the guy i am right now is horrible ingrained into potentials and opportunities.
i want to see them all.
>>
>>17344337
Not to be rude, but do you know how you can fix my problem? Or do I need to go to .Info? I dont want to use .Info because I cant stand having a username.
>>
Would it be possible to make a sexual tupa? Like one that k could fuck and maintain a steady mental link with?? I'm on acid so sorry if it doesn't make sense.
>>
Once I created a tulpa on accident based on a friend I was in love with at the time. It was morose and melancholy and didn't act like him at all. I felt guilty for calling it into life and but it helped me come to terms with my love and I sat down and eventually "turned off the life support" so to speak.
>>
>>17343275
I haven't even seen the anime, I just picked that image because I thought it was a cute reaction image. And I didn't say I wasn't autistic.
>>
>>17344351
i could try, if i knew what it was.
or give advice at least.
>>
>>17343305
god i want to hear a voice in my head like that
but i don't think i have the dedication to do this
>>
>>>/trash/
>>
>>17346307
>>>/cancer/
Fuck off, shitposter.
>>
>>17344767
Shut the fuck up faggot.
>>
File: chibi.jpg (80KB, 349x701px) Image search: [Google]
chibi.jpg
80KB, 349x701px
>>17344134

I had the same doubt regarding my tulpa.

During a period of time in the past I was very stressed with work. I had a problem I did not know how to solve. I came back home one day, was more stressed and angry than normal, and mentally screamed at my tulpa. I stated that I don't know what kind of entity that she was, but since she hung around me all the time she damn well make herself useful, resolve my work problem within a certain time limit or gtfo of my world.

She went very quiet in my head for just a few seconds, then solemnly said "ok". She was then quiet and it felt as if she ran off to some place else. My head or my environment suddenly felt "empty". Later that night as I was showering I suddenly remembered some obscure function of a software program that we used to use at work that can resolve my work issue. It was a seemingly useless piece of old memory that just floated up in a sudden burst of mental fanfare. Best way I can describe it was that it felt like I was mentally hit with a thunderbolt, like the inspiration I felt was definitely external and foreign in source.

After that I just acknowledged that my tulpa exist somehow, and she has made herself helpful on other occasions too.

Anyway if your tulpa makes your life better and make you happier, then you're fine, don't fret over the philosophical part of this too much.

Regarding your other question, just sit down with your voice and talk to her. Tell her you want to give her a form, and just give her one. Doesn't matter if you're bad at visualizing, just assign the form to her and go from there.
>>
>>17347088
I just OD on cringe. That's some serious weapons grade autism right there.
>>
>>17347093
Gehrman put his dick in a sheep's intestine and then fucked his wife
>>
>>17347093

I don't mind if you think I'm insane, as long as my methods can get me what I want out of life, which they have.
>>
>>17347103
Have you ever heard the term "spirit" before?
>>
>>17347113

Yeah. I do consider my tulpa to be some sort of spirit and not a purely mental thing.
>>
File: 2spoo.png (80KB, 402x345px) Image search: [Google]
2spoo.png
80KB, 402x345px
>>17347118
ok
>>
>>17347021
TULPAS ARE WORSE THAN SHIT M8
>>
>>17347189
now that you know can you please tell it to this guy>>17346381

thanks if u do, if you don't its cool
>>
>>17339431
Here ya go

http://ulwik.deviantart.com/gallery/38804329/Tulpa
>>
>>17341838
You didn't fuck her
>>
>>17328035
Yes, I did one when people used to call them alter ego, I started creating one moving a lot of knowledge and emotions to a imaginary character, then I continued filling it with an explicit kind of ideas, after that I gave it a name and I brought it to the real world. I did this with psychological help, sometimes bring it was like make things with close help by it, and sometimes I let it to take the control and I was like a watcher, after the second one the things became odd.
Picture related
>>
>>17347835
Looks like you made contact with a dragon

way to go duder
>>
>>17347848
second alter ego, it was a gift of a girlfriend who used to speak with shadows, that happened when windows messenger were popular
>>
>>17347835
what kind of lovecraftian horror did you conjure up?
>>
File: 1446263364007.jpg (132KB, 672x950px) Image search: [Google]
1446263364007.jpg
132KB, 672x950px
>>17347892
the first time I made one I felt sick and weak, like suffer a blood infection, I made a third one because my girlfriend in that year (2006) dumped me, in my efford to make one like her I did a good looking woman hidding a monster, in that time was less tha me and more of them.
I lost the draw of her, sorry
>>
>>17347892
my fucking dick
>>
>>17328035
Tulpamancy isn't real.
>>
>>17347088
I just gotta ask huh? I thought you needed some fucking 380h+ long meditation or w/e but I will try.
Hopefully, she doesn't mind me taking a few days to figure out how to do all this.
>>
>>17333359
What happened to it? Did you just stop giving it attention?
>>
>>17341992
Funny thing, I mentioned tupla to my friend the other night, and he was really curious to find out more. I then explained to him what I knew, and how I came to know of it. I basically told him:

>They're a concept that originates from Tibet
>I learned about them from /x/ in 2010-ish
>It was incredibly interesting until bronies started adopting them
>It became unpopular on /x/ by association
>Something about furries and bronies are lonely losers that ruin everything they touch

Then we read some news article on the tuplamancy subculture, and woe and behold it mentioned everything about internet subculture part, just as I remembered.
>>
>>17347993
Any place other then /x/ relatively untouched by this cancer?

Or at leas any place to discuss this with less cancer?
>>
>>17348003
I don't know, this kind of themes should be discuss with psychiatric professionals.
I've found another picture of my alter egos.
>>
>>17348003
No, at least none that I'm aware of. As far as I can tell, this is the history:

Tuplas get discussed on /x/ in 2010 for being an incredibly interesting topic (like imagine you never heard about them before). This eventually leads to generals in 2012 (they weren't actually called generals, but that's what they were). Very quickly /mlp/ starts having threads pertaining to the topic, for the sole purpose of having imaginary horse friends. Those sort of weirdos spin off into their subreddits which are almost exclusively autistic furries, bronies, and the such.

As you can well imagine, tuplas were looked upon with disdain due to association. So no non-weirdo community has ever arrived, as far as I know. We'll, I suppose any group of "tuplamancers" would be weirdos, but ones that can go out in public.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 712x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 712x422px
>>17328035
1. Yes
2. I was dying from flu and by brain created it to comfort me in my final hours and isolation, needless to say I survived
3.yes as that is what happened to me, you want one? Lock yourself in a completely bare cell with nothing to interact with and in complete isolation only to receive food every now and again from someone through a slit. Your brain will crave stimulation of some kind and create somthing for you to interact with.
4. They can't interact with anything but my one had flawless intuition concerning everything that I always followed without question. He was with me for a week
5. If I had an imaginary friend I can't remember it but remember what I said. The brain craves stimulation... Especially at that age
>>
Someone post that one tulpas are dangerous thing. The one with the blue haired tulpa named "Ni"
>>
>>17348041
I was around for the "generals", that's where I first started on mine. Albeit towards the end when shit was going up in smoke with furfaggotry and horsefuckers.

Tired of the degeneracy and .info is cancer.
>>
>>17348352
Tell us about it.
>>
Can I just say theres some crazy guy in my town that walks around talking to a tulpa

He's an outcast, don't become him
>>
>>17348966
>He's an outcast, don't become him

This is 4chan, you know.
>>
>>17348966
sure hes not just a schizophrenic?
>>
I think it's legit, but have never really tried it.

I hear rumors that a strong tulpa can even give certain leverage over your brain chemistry, release adrenaline on command or even slow/quicken your perception of time. Not sure how true that is.
>>
1) Yes, one so far (that sort of disappeared after a while, since I didn't know that tulpae were actually a thing). Working on a second.
2) Lots of focus and determination. You start off having conversations with part of yourself, then slowly let that part of yourself do the talking for you and slowly develop from that (at least, that's how I did it). They do have to be maintained, though; forget about them and they may go away.
3) Yes; that is how my first one came about. Second one started off that way too, but I now know what they are, so have a more directed and structured approach.
4) Hallucinations, if even that. Unlike hallucinations, one does have a rather significant degree of control over them. (Still, even if you don't morally object to controlling your tulpa, it's more fun to let them do their own thing).
5) Yes. They tend to be more spontaneous and almost seem to think for themselves (and may actually be able to; there's no way to prove this).
Just so long as you don't start talking to it in public or lock yourself in your basement to stare at tulpa-chan all day, they're pretty harmless and well worth the effort.

On another note, I'm appalled, but not surprised, that bronies and furries have exploited this just to make imaginary sex slaves.
>>
File: immoral.gif (2MB, 383x204px) Image search: [Google]
immoral.gif
2MB, 383x204px
>>17347891
You got a dragon and a rape demon?

That sounds pretty cool desu
>>
is it a good idea to draw your tulpa if you have the skills?
>>
i also have a tulpa question, is this something that can occur by accident?
>>
Is it possible to create a tulpa inside your own conscious like another personality?

If so, I might have accidentally created one.
>>
File: char_66107.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_66107.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>>17328035

1. I have since I was a kid. PTSD caused me to create many.
2. Create a base personality inside your head, give it a body and then ask it to answer questions.. usually this is how I create one. They usually start too respond with different opinions other than what you believe, if this happens, you have achieved creating one.
3. Yes, all the time.. When my husband isn't home I make one that reflects my husbands personality, just so I don't become lonely.
4. I believe it to be all in your head, and just your brain running a simulation of a personality.
5. I don't believe so.
>>
>>17350613

Yeah probably. If it reacts on its own inside of your head, then yes you have achieved a personality simulation *clapping*
>>
>>17343968
fucking lord, thats as good as the pinkie pie tulpa
>>
>>17349891
an angry dragon, a rape demon and a female representation of The Flowers of Evil, eventually a mental anomination consume your mind and... well, me as myself doesn't exist anymore.
Pocture related.
>>
I created a tulpa on accident well listening to an idose years ago. She still pops in and out of my daily life, seems afraid I'll forget about her again .
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.