[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I finally got to watching Marble Hornets and I really liked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: operator.jpg (23KB, 291x318px) Image search: [Google]
operator.jpg
23KB, 291x318px
So I finally got to watching Marble Hornets and I really liked it. But I haven't been able to find another series like it that's finished.

What's another ARG/ARE based on the Slender mythos that's actually complete and easily accessible? I really wish I had watched this before the Slender mythos died out, it is very interesting.
>>
nothing.
MarbleHornets was the first and the best.
glad you enjoyed the ride. your best bet is to hop on Clear Lakes 44, but two of the writers have left it altogether, so it's now just the guy who played Jay and some other new dude.
>>
>>17326764
I'm currently up-to-date on Clear Lakes 44.
I'm kind of glad they left THAC, because if they hadn't that'd mean Tim would have potential to be a main character in the series. I'd much rather we just have confirmation that they take place in the same universe, nothing more.

I hope the Operator is involved in some way in Clear Lakes 44, though. I have no idea where they're going with the story though.
>>
>>17326774
Operator will not be involved, they said that before they even started.

Joseph and Tim leaving is the worst thing that could have happened considering their writing is really what made Seasons 2 and 3 come to life. Tim himself WAS Season 3, and in my opinion, hands down, the best of the three.
>>
>>17326810
Oh. Well, shit. That's actually really disappointing.
You have a point with the last two seasons.
If the Operator isn't involved then what are they even doing with CL44? It's obvious CL44 won't be as integrated with it's viewers this time since we don't have a clear in-universe explanation as to why the videos are being uploaded to Jay/Tim's MarbleHornets account, or how footage is being recorded from the characters' points of view or without someone handling the camera.
Probably won't be as good as Marble Hornets when it's finished.
>>
>>17326829
I personally believe CL44 is about a surveillance system/entity (whether it is Walker is debatable), possibly still totheark, but with a different focus than the Operator. It's very Orwellian, but there are still ties to totheark, like Broadcast 11.

It's too early to determine much. But I agree. I think it won't live up to MarbleHornets.
>>
>>17326833
>totheark
That's either extremely far from the truth or very close to it.
I personally believe that the main operator of the totheark channel is Seth, and that wouldn't make much sense. But theories aside that's actually really plausible considering totheark was the only party we didn't see die at the end of MH besides Tim and Jessica, and pretty much the whole series so far is very similar to the way totheark made it's videos.

I guess only time will tell.
>>
>>17326859
If you check the twitter, right before Broadcast 11, there was a lone tweet (presumably by the same person who posted 'are you awake', etc, before the videos started up):

"did you think i was gone"
>>
>>17326870
...Yeah, that's definitely totheark. Damn.
>>
Did EverymanHybrid ever reach any kind of conclusion? I was following it a year or two ago thrn just kind of forgot about it.
>>
>>17326884
It and TribeTwelve are still going. Noah from TT has become some scary demon thing like the Observer and HABIT from EMH seems to be the Bigger Bad. I think it's taking a Core Theory direction (think Seeking Truth/The Mystic or Operation Wintergreen)
>>
>>17326893
Cool, thanks
>>
Now a CL44 thread.

Birdwatcher has gotten tapes from Tim either during the time when Tim was working at that warehouse mentioned in Season 3, or after the events of Marble Hornets. Somehow, Birdwatcher is now involved.

Birdwatcher and Tim both have 'phantom' injuries. Much like Tim would lose the ability to walk on the leg that Alex smashed, Birdwatcher needs a cane - except when he enters that weird distorted state.

Walker is possibly an agent of the surveillance system, or, more probably in my mind, someone who is trying to avoid identification by it. His face is probably not ACTUALLY made of static.
>>
>>17326758
I was working on a slender series back in the day. I thought we had a really sharp plot strung together, but it all fell apart when three of our actors moved away.

Apparently, the next season of American Horror Story is going to be about Slender Man, so that's something. Also something, you might wanna check out Always Watching, the Marble Hornets movie. It's really generic, but it has some good parts. If nothing else, it's got a great setup.
>>
Never heard of MH or CL44. I see MH is over 8 hours long in total.. is it worth the time?
>>
>>17328742
yup
>>
>>17328742
it gets pretty corny here and there but on the whole its solid.
>>
Reminder that the Marble Hornets kid kicked his friends out of their sequel.
>>
>>17326810
Tim's in it.
>>
>>17326758
Very few are complete, and even fewer are actually good.

The best of the best other than Marble Hornets are "TribeTwelve," which started as basically a copy of Marble Hornets and had some effort put into it after it became well-known, becoming it's own separate thing.

"EverymanHYBRID," which gets way better after the first few entries.

And maybe "DarkHarvest00." I'm only including this one because while it's nowhere near as popular as the big three, I like the emphasis it has on cults.
>>
>>17329710
I should clarify, these aren't finished, I think.

Also there's another one I can't remember the name of. The main characters were three or so women who, as it turns out later, are deliberately posting the videos with the knowledge it will infect more people to save themselves. The more people infected the longer the Slenderman takes to get to them, probably.
>>
File: Advice Evan TJAP.jpg (73KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
Advice Evan TJAP.jpg
73KB, 600x508px
>>17329770
I never watched it so I don't know the plot, but the three women, that sounds like TJA Project or whatever it was called?
>>
Here's a list of ones I've seen/heard of:

ICANSEETHEGIANT: Finished

MHunter0012: Possibly finished, possibly on hiatus

TheOriginFiles: Finished, but clusterfucked

TrialofLeaves: On Hiatus, but don't hold your breath

>>17329623
Right, but also wrong. Tim's scenes were apparently filmed before he left THAC, so his only real involvement is as an actor.
>>
>>17329798
>ICANSEETHEGIANT

This one was pretty good considering the person making it was like, what? Thirteen? Had a few good "Oh fuck." moments and the story was pretty good.
>>
Slenderman is a myth created from internet user 'Victor Surge'. The man created viable theories on how Slenderman is brought into the world, along with staging photos of Slenderman. The myth exploded on the internet, and even came so far in plausibility that two girls tried to murder their friend in Slenderman's name. Some could say these two girls acted as Proxies, nonetheless, the myth has traveled very far. It isn't to believed, however. No valid sightings of this creature exist that havent been created or arent hoaxes. Interestingly enough, there are German myths that do, in fact, coincide with the idea of Slenderman, and further personify the myth as to its plausibility.
>>
>>17326810
Tim is the best of the three for sure. He's a naturally funny guy though. I think he should try his hand at comedy desu.
>>
>>17326893
Well what's technically happened is [spoiler]Noah is visited and saved by a future version of himself who has become a Collective member, ie scary demon god. His morals are ambiguous and whether or not he exists within the same timeline as the Noah we are watching is currently unclear. Noah himself is doing poorly mentally and has apparently gone to "hell" according to Twitter updates.
>>
>>17329770
tea13time? I've only just started watching them today but the stars are 3 women, so it seems to fit the bill in that regard. Also I think they speak Finnish or something like that, but thankfully there's English subs.
>>
>>17331523
Wasn't it pretty much a little mix of a few different stories from Europe? I vaguely remember some stories having snipets here and there. This was a long time ago and I've been through a few computers since then tho sorry so I don't have any old files!
>>
>>17331880
I mean stories parents would tell their children. ie. don't go into the woods skip that last house etc.
>>
>>17331523
This sounds objectionably factual and is sort of irrelevant. Why state the obvious?
>>
File: observe em.png (141KB, 990x551px) Image search: [Google]
observe em.png
141KB, 990x551px
>>17331909
Maybe because /x/ is full of people who will pretend that obviously fake shit is real, so he just said that to get it out of the way and prevent that sort of shit from messing with discussion. On that topic, what's everyone's favorite series? Mine's TribeTwelve.
>>
>>17332055
adam rosner is a terrible egotistical kike and has contributed nothing of value to the myth

>>b-but m-muh tentacles
>>
File: Rick Slendertorum.png (325KB, 480x609px) Image search: [Google]
Rick Slendertorum.png
325KB, 480x609px
>>17332055
Were it not for the fact that /x/ is one of the easiest boards to get dubs on, I'd be quite kerfuffled at that image.
>>
>>17333620
I'll be honest, I held off on making that post just so I could make sure I got dubs with that image.
>>
Darkharvest00
>>
>>17326758
Kill yourself
>>
>>17334330
slenderman makes people do that lol xd
>>
File: eddy.jpg (19KB, 239x207px) Image search: [Google]
eddy.jpg
19KB, 239x207px
Marble hornets was non scary fucking garbage.

Wtf happened to /x/.

There used to be actual creepy stories and pastas. This was
a place people discussed weird or creepy shit that happened to them.

Now it's packed with edgy faggots wanting to learn how to sacrifice shit and summon demons.
>>
>>17336569
to many people like you came in and posted shit like you just posted and everyone left
>>
Test
>>
File: 1453426630654.gif (890KB, 481x307px) Image search: [Google]
1453426630654.gif
890KB, 481x307px
>>
>>17336581
i feel like this was a creature in a ghibli movie
>>
File: gary oldman.gif (1009KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
gary oldman.gif
1009KB, 500x250px
>>17326810
ayyy, I got signatures from all of them when I ordered an operator symbol sticker on their website a few weeks before the split

>>17326758
I'm not sure there are any other quality series out there. In any case, I think Slendy is done to death and we need some new kind of spoopy meme.

>>17326905
I'm not understanding anything about CL44 since I usually leave out the twitter stuff and focus justs on the videos

>>17328742
Totes worth your time. I watched it as it came out back in the day, real spooky shit. I rewatched all of it in 2014 in preparation for the end.

Now, does anyone know about good ARGs that have nothing to do with Slenderman? Something fresh, invigorating. I think we need a few years without any mention of Slendy for him to be scary again.
>>
Best to Worst:

Marble Hornets - God tier, far and away the best across the board
EverymanHybrid - Really really good, fell off and got too convoluted
Tribe Twelve - Great effects, scary moments but SHIT acting
Dark Harvest00 - Had a cool crossover with Tribe Twelve
MLAnderson0 - Not bad, a little different in it's approach
>>
>>17337787
DarkHarvest00 also focuses more on the cult aspect, which is nice.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.