[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does it get so much shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

>pic related
i understand tumblr makes even talking about this show feel worse than looking at /b/.
i also know the show is totally changing actual lore on our fairytales we make stories about to seem real, but the show feels like genuine entertainment so i dont get why everybody hates it so much.
>>
Because it's just beating a dead horse at this point. They haven't done anything new since season 4. It's dead, let it die.
>>
>>17323997
I was a huge fan.

Then it went to shit around the time Castiel and the Angels became a weekly subject. Making Crowley a "I love Dean" puppy also ruined it imo.

I started watching it again recently, the new series looked like it was going to be a zombie fest. Then it diverted to some "evil girl" story arch and I gave up.

Supernatural needs a zombie fest imo.
>>
>>17323997
I would have been happier with it if it stuck to hunting spoopy monsters rather then the angels vs Demons shit and season 8 I think it was with the leviathans sucked so much cock.
I still like the show but its just a bit too overboard and the story is kinda gay.
>>
>>17323997

It got very samey. The first season was pretty boring, with just a new monster of the week and a pretty uninteresting over-arching story vaguely mentioned here and there. It got better in the middle with the expansion into more Biblical subjects.

But then it plateaued. Every episode was the same old shit, or if it was a monster of the week deal it didn't fit in at all with the 'running out of time' vibe. Angels got overused, demons were about as dangerous as a regular human, monsters were just human-looking and we are told that they're different in some way (though they do nothing different to the others). And the Winchesters would have a heart to heart all the damn time.

Then there's the failure to truly exploit good ideas. Gabriel as a trickster was a great character. Lucifer getting locked up so soon was disappointing. Cain was massively wasted. And the whole Metatron nonsense has just dragged on so fucking long.

Now we have 'the Darkness'. A being supposedly God's equal... and she's a girl. Nothing major. The zombies from the first episode of the new season were just dropped like it never happened and this ultimate force of destruction apparently needs Lucifer to destroy her when he's no where near God-tier.

They've over done this now.
>>
Because most people who watch it now don't care about a good story. Actually, that's just most people who watch tv.
Its the reason heroes reborn wont get another season, but super girl will.

Actual story, thinking involved = bad for ratings.
Things go boom, tits, etc =good ratings.

Supernatural has a good balance, but I will admit they've eased a bit too much on the trigger pulling and not enough actual hunter work.
>>
>>17324328

This. When it was two bros hunting urban legends through middle America, it was fun and unique.

The angels and demons angle killed it. I bailed halfway through season 2. The writing already on the wall.
>>
>>17323997
It was a decent show until the fifth season. It should have ended there, but they were seduced by the dark side. Supernatural is more machine than man now.
>>
>>17323997
>feels like genuine entertainment
Oh, well thank god it's that. Even if it's offensive to literally everything else.

(I haven't actually seen it, I'm just going off of what you've said.)
>>
>>17324666
>demon trips and didn't stick around for season 10

S10 was by and far my favorite. Watching dean go darkside
>>
Decent show to kill an hour, but yeah Its gotten stale, when each new season the baddies need to be bigger then last seasons, Where do you go from Crazy Angels? how about an Angry God sibling., So whats next season if it doesnt get canceled? Angry Invaders from other dimensions?
>>
>>17324729
People pretend like ramping up the bad guys is something specific to supernatural. Every action show/anime/comic book does this.

And then you bring it back down to human level.
>>
File: 1399667788756.png (268KB, 643x483px) Image search: [Google]
1399667788756.png
268KB, 643x483px
>>17324666
The guys who made it wanted season 5 to be the ending but it was all you people who brought it back. They have said every season past 5 is just fan-service basically.

>This show was on the dead WB husk of a network cut it some slack. Take it for what it is and quit being so autistic /tv/
>>
>>17324760
So much this. All the character arcs, the escalation of the threat to the world, the relationships etc all built (in most cases) to the fifth season. The show basically blew its load with Lucifer and god and the Archangel Michael and the whole Four Horsemen of the apocalypse bit in Season 5.

Trying to drive the plot with even bigger monsters like the "Mother of All" bullshit that no one cared about in Season 6 doesn't work when you've already covered Satan and the apocalypse.
>>
>>17324633
What's wrong with super girl?
>>
The show doesn't have any use for any tertiary character save for the eventual payof when they're killed off. Also, should have stopped at five.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.