[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is going to be a press conference on the 11th of February

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1454616273002[1].gif (1KB, 92x292px) Image search: [Google]
1454616273002[1].gif
1KB, 92x292px
There is going to be a press conference on the 11th of February where they will present the LIGO gravitational waves findings from November last year.
The wave pattern will not be random but akin to pic related. The Arecibo signal was send 42 years ago and Gliese 581 c is 21 light years away. This is not a coincidence.
>>
Let's check up on this.
>>
File: 1432875728141.jpg (477KB, 1280x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1432875728141.jpg
477KB, 1280x1007px
>>17323474
No chance it could be a simple wave reflection? I know the plausibility of such a thing is suspect.
>>
>>17324283
>>
File: 1449468033997.jpg (424KB, 1037x1555px) Image search: [Google]
1449468033997.jpg
424KB, 1037x1555px
>>17324283
>>17325257

Woops

Certianly if it was the exact same message we sent 42 years ago it would possibly be a reflection. That would be truly extraordinary though considering all the factors.

If it were aliens I assume they would send back their own signal. Using the same sort of binary patterns. It would be similar to ours but contain their version of what ours was.

Perhaps showing their relative location. What they look like and think about etc.

I hope they kept sending us shit though. Would be a bummer if they just sent a simple tidbit and we have to wait another 42 years for a reply.

Imagine if they started sending us cool as technology specs or how to do FTL travel or that sort shit.

Or... what if they sent some sorta message with a countdown? Like they are coming maybe.

How would people react? Would we remain calm and be cool or would everyone lose their shit?

Idk. Would be pretty bad ass.

If they are super advanced though I doubt they would be hostile though. I mean why would they? People talk about resources but of you have the ability to come 21 lightyears I don't think we have much for you.

I would totally go with them though if they offered. Would be sick. As long as some other humans got to come with me.
>>
nothing will habbwn
>>
Wow. Some bad information here that needs to be addressed.

The Arecibo signal was sent on a wavelength of about 13 cm (2.380 ghz) in a tightly focused beam towards the globular cluster M13 located in the constellation of Hercules. The Gliese 581 system is located in the constellation of Libra which, to a viewer on Earth, is over 43 degrees angle of separation.

No signal spill over, scattering, or side-lobe is possible. The Arecibo dish can not tilt too far off barycenter (approx 20 degrees off axis iirc). Gliese 581 can not be "seen" by Arecibo.

Let's step back and pretend that an alien civilization intercepted that signal. Radio waves are the easiest and most efficient way to generate a signal. Not gravity waves. We'd have to move objects with the mass of stars to generate gravity waves.

If you want to get the attention of the sender you send it (or a new signal) with similar characteristics back at them in a similar manner.

No... any press release of their gravitational wave studies will show some wonderful new science findings natural in origin.

The real mystery here will be if OP will be disappointed or embarrassed in light of his posting that, suspiciously, lacks sources. ;-)
>>
>>17327574
tldr but it smells like shill in here now
>>
>>17327582
I too love scapegoats, anon. They make it easy to be a complete fucktard and still live with the crippling realization that you believe in a story some crazy fuck made up.
>>
>>17327917
Go fuck yourself, you fat whore.
>>
>>17328003
People only get upset and defensive when they're proven wrong. Sucks to suck, son.
>>
This thread would have been so much easier on 12th February. See you then.
>>
>>17325263
>How would people react? Would we remain calm and be cool or would everyone lose their shit?
you really think nasa and shit would tell us that?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.