[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok this has been going on for a couple months now. I'm not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: aXm4864xjU.jpg (147KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm4864xjU.jpg
147KB, 650x650px
Ok this has been going on for a couple months now. I'm not sure what kind of answers im looking for here, I guess I want to talk about it since I have no other outlet, and nobody else will listen IRL.
Almost every morning around 430-500, I hear something fall down on either my wood floor in the main room, just outside my bedroom, or I hear something fall IN my bedroom. Of course when I check it out, its nothing...or at least I dont know what made the noise. This morning, 30 minutes ago, I found a spatula on the floor where it doesnt belong. Btw no animals in the house except a goldfish, and I live alone.
I can count on it every fucking morning as long as im semi awake to hear it.
Has anyone hear of a poltergiest on a timer??? Im getting more angry than spooked at this point, its really annoying.
Also, when this all started, one of the first things to happen was a painting falling down stairs, end over end. It was loud as hell and scared me so bad. I checked it out armed, as I did this morning. Im getting too old for this shit...one of these times im going to ignore it and itll be niggers breaking into my house.
Has anyone else had this problem???
>>
OP, given that its on such a definitive timer, like you mentioned, Im thinking this is something physical and probably mechanical.

Im feeling like maybe its a thermostat or an air conditioner or the ice machine or something else, vibrating the knife rack or something else to cause the wall(s) to rattle, something like that.

Set up a camera, record between 4 am and 6 am in the area and see what you get.
>>
>>17322893
>Im getting more angry than spooked at this point, its really annoying.
Either reaction is usually the point so long as there's some reaction. From what I understand they derive sustenance and solidity by drawing the attention of someone by any means necessary, usually fear or irritation works especially if it saps the person of rest leaving them weak willed and susceptible to further influence.

Your options are to leave a camera, voice recorder and other such device running to see if you can pick up any strange activity around those times in those places so reference and evidence, get ear plugs, get a dog, get friends or family involved and/or get the hell out. Now not all cases are reportedly negative, sometimes the culprits are trying to warn you not scare you but if you've generally felt a hostile presence it's probably best to assume control of your own safety and security and not rely on any seance or other activities for interpretation that might drum up more problems. Though I think the usual recommendations on the supernatural side of things is to get some salt and sage, both common spices so you should find some at the store, and sprinkle or burn it outside your bedroom door or something. I dunno.
>>
>>17322927
I thought the floor creaks were just expansion causing creaks myself, but then OP mentioned the spatula.
>>
>>17322927
This is good advice.
>>17322930
This is bad advice.

They both involve you recording the event, which is what you should do. Set up a webcam feed with an 0400-0600 timer and go from there.
>>
>>17322936
>Set up a webcam feed
seconding this, its cheap and easy. Stream it to /x/ and go to bed, we weird night owls who cant sleep because of alien brain wave manipulation or spooky skinwalkers or whatever will monitor it.
>>
>>17322944
What happens if we have to wake OP up though?Like, direly.
>>
>>17322933
The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

If a spatula falls over the only empirical evidence is that a physical object was moved. That doesnt immediately imply the supernatural.

OP may have a crappy kitchen rack, hid fridge may be vibrating too much, maybe his hot water lines pop and move (Ive been in an apartment where they were so bad it was like gunshots and shook the whole wall), he may ALSO have expanding floorboards in addition. The fact that it happens same time every night is highly suspect for something non-paranormal.
>>
>>17322949
Why would we need to do that?
>>
Op here.

Im posting from my phone as my laptop is dead. so no webcam.
Funny that someone mentioned the thermostat, ive left the unit off all week cause my electric bill is too high. the battery powered thermostat was dead when i checked out the noise this time. Replaced the batteries, then it somehow wouldnt go back on the wall. Whatever...
I do have an old Hi 8 camcorder. Im pretty sure it still works. I could use that and run it for hours.
>>
>>17322955
>Turns out it's some sort of Kleptomaniac who might know OP personally, made copies of OP's keys, breaks into OP's house regularly in disguise for the thrill or some other reason
>Notices the webcam, cuts the feed
>Realizes his situation should OP awake and inform the police before he can flee town
>Decides to leave one less witness
By the time we figure out where OP lives and call the cops he'll be dog food.
>>
>>17322950
Also, its a very noticable "pop pop" noise on my fake hardwood floor. Like something drops in the middle of the living room and bounces. The floor is loud as shit. Sometimes the sound seems to be coming more towards the kitchen and sometimes its right outside my bedroom door like I said, which is next to the front door. Thats when it scares me, when its really close and loud. Hard to ignore, and cant find a cause for what made the noise. Im also gonna try to get a lady friend to stay over with me, and hopefully she wont think im crazy. Itll help having another person confirm there really is a noise and im not crazy.
>>
>>17322981
>Im also gonna try to get a lady friend to stay over with me
Be sure to, uh, record anything else that might happen that night.
>>
>>17322973
Oh fuck. Dont mess with my head. I know a crazy girl that stole stuff from my apartment. She brought the stuff back and said sorry...but the key copy thing is unlikely. I sleep next to the only entrance and would wake up if someone used the front door. Im positive it isnt that, but thanks for feeding my paranoia.
>>
>>17322973
a kleptomaniac who steals nothing and just occasionally walks around or misplaces spatulas?

Op doesnt have an intruder he has a mechanical problem.

>>17322963
>he battery powered thermostat was dead when i checked out the noise this time.

well just because its not the thermostat doesnt mean its not one of 100 other things that could be happening in the house.

Ive heard stories about entire server farms going down at a specific time every night because the air conditioner was shorting their electricity, thermal expansion in rafters that sounded like footsteps, my own mentioned example of practically explosive hot water systems and a million other little maintenance issues that explain "paranormal" activity.

If OP makes a recording and we watch his spatula fly in mid air with ghostly faces and EVP's then we can get excited. Until then its probably something mundane.
>>
>>17322992

Wouldn't be so sure of that, guy. I used to live in an apartment and always slept on the couch. Things were coming up missing all of the time and I thought exactly what you did, until one day I started waking up, then suddenly heard the store slam, someone fly down the stairs, and out of the complex's front doors. I shot up and noticed that the door was unlocked.

So yeah, just saying. Someone COULD be getting in quietly. It's only by coincidence that that you realize what's really happening.
>>
>>17322994
I hope it is a mundane thing. I want to be able to explain it and actually get good sleep. I guess what I really need to do is fix or get a new fucking computer so I can stream some shit. If I record on a video tape, I would have technical problems converting the video.
>>
>>17323004

Store = door. Fuck me.
>>
>>17322994
>a kleptomaniac who steals nothing and just occasionally walks around or misplaces spatulas? Op doesnt have an intruder
Well, well, well. It seems, dear Mycroft, the reason I solve cases you speculate is because I dare the possibility of the improbable
>>17322992
>I know a crazy girl that stole stuff from my apartment. She brought the stuff back and said sorry
We have our first culprit. If she was crazy enough to steal from you, she's crazy enough to find a way in and out you might not be aware of. Shall we place a wager, say 50 imaginary dollars?
>>
>>17323004
Thats fucking creepy. What did they take? Who?
I never heard the front door open or close, or footsteps, which would be very noticable in my quiet apartment and the cheap loud faux wood floors. I always lock my door too, in fact, its the only way my front door will stay closed properly, if its deadbolted. unlocking the door is also pretty loud.
>>
Dust your floor with flour
>>
>>17323023
For quite puzzling situations to figure out I've thought of such extremes before, it certainly eliminates a few things, but for now that's quite an absurd amount of prep and clean up for OP to do if it turns up less or the same amount of information as the currently suggested methods that won't require sweeping and mopping his weekend away.
>>
>>17323009
One way in, one way out. Unless her Sneak is at 100 and has all the perks, its not happening. id bet my life that nobody is breaking in here on a regular basis just to drop things on my floor, and nothing is missing. thats "gangstalker" levels of schizo shit.
>>
>>17323009
>dear Mycroft
My dear Holmes, an imaginative detective you may be, and I but a simple friar. However I feel that all things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one. Need we create plurality without necessity?

> If she was crazy enough to steal from you, she's crazy enough to find a way in and out you might not be aware of.

There's no correlation between those two things.
>>
>>17323023
I might actually do this on the staircase and entry to kitchen. not much clean up.
>>
>>17323034
It's not that bad to vacuum up
>>
>>17323043
Cool good luck keep us updated
>>
Barring the possibility of OP and/or his lady friend taking us for a ride for a hoax, for once I'm eager to see the conclusion of a thread like this and if all falls in order with the plans we should see results of some sort by tomorrow this time at least.
Don't disappoint, OP.
>>
>>17323072
Im finally calming down and will try to get a few hours sleep before I gotta go to work. Tonight ill post if this thread is still up. Im broke right now, so the cheapest method would be a voice recorder I guess. Ill get one after work and set it up before going to bed tonight. If I record the noise, Ill have to use a friends computer to upload the file...they make digital voice recorders that can go on for hours? I used to have a tape one years ago. I feel old.
No hoax is trying to be had here.
>>
Holy shit. I just thought of something. Could I use periscope app to stream from my phone and watch it later? Is there some kind of site i could use to stream with a phone? That would be the simpliest way.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.