[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was having a discussion with an old supervisor a while back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I was having a discussion with an old supervisor a while back that surprised me. He told me that he believes not only in aliens, but that all of our tech comes from them. I am fairly skeptical about aliens myself, but even the part of me that sort of believes doesn't believe that our tech was not of our own design.

His argument was that we aren't really smart enough, as a species, to invent all of this stuff. My main counter argument was that if it were ven remotely true, we couldn't have figured out how to "reverse engineer" or at least use the alien tech. We didn't get to finish the conversation as it was his last day there.

So, it got me curious. Do all people that believe completely in aliens feel this way, or is this some sort of off shoot belief?
>>
>>17321790
>His argument was that we aren't really smart enough, as a species, to invent all of this stuff.

Tell him he's just not smart enough, as a person, to understand how shit works, therefore he believes it must be ALIUMS!!!

But really, people like this piss me off.
>>
>>17321790
i think a lot of ufologists and alien believers do speculate that one of the reasons the government is hiding info on aliens is that they have acquired technology from them that they do not want the public to have (either because of greed or similarly selfish reasons).

but these would be secret aka nonexistent technologies like FTL travel or free, renewable energy or time travel or interdimensional travel. i haven't heard much about modern, every day, human technology coming from aliens.

though, you do hear a lot about aliens visiting the ancient world and giving them knowledge or helping them build the pyramids and stuff like that.

so it's not just your boss, but i wouldn't say that all or even most alien people believe that.

(and just for reference, i don't really believe in aliens at all, but this is what i have observed from reading a lot of forum/blog posts about the subject over time.)
>>
Your boss is a misanthropic idiot.
He's literally ignoring his species' greatest accomplishments because hes too stupid to research how these technologies came into existence and doesn't care that it disparages the hard working people who made the discoveries and inventions.

Find a new job.
>>
>>17321849
you are a misanthropic idiot.

you didn't read his short OP all the way through because if you did, you would know that the guy is no longer his boss.

tone down your arrogance and try to learn that you don't have all the answers just because someone else is even less educated than you.
>>
>>17321817
I can't, that was his last day there. He left for another part of the chain to run. Part of why I made this is that every so often it bugs me to think about the unfinished convo.

>>17321820
That's interesting. Yeah I don't know how I feel about them in general. I've seen 3 UFO's in my life but I generally believe it's mostly government stuff covered up.

>>17321849
Believe me I don't plan on staying there. And I sort of felt th same way. That to him it was "too much" for humanity to create these things. But I definitely believe we're smart enough to do it. We don't need ET's help to make AOL.
>>
>>17321859
fair play, my mistake.

Though the only thing incorrect about my statement was that he needs to find a new boss.

Also I never asserted to know everything, you said that not me.

Apologies to OP for derailing Ill shut up and Ill give you the last word since Im sure youll want it.
>>
>>17321881
Ya'll were still on topic so it wasn't really a derailing. If you find something else to discuss in the topic feel free to join back in.
>>
If at any time you see a big jump in technological innovation, it may have come from alien tech. I don't see it as all that improbable.
>>
>>17321952
fair enough, just based on what Ive seen on /x/ and other people interested in ET's, I think most strident alien believers think that they (aliens of some description) have interfered with human development at some point, but to claim ALL our technology is alien in origin is fringe at best.
>>
>>17321976
He believed like literally ALL tech though...pretty much an advancement of humankind, was from aliens. From Electricity to the TV.
>>
>>17321976
>I don't see it as all that improbable.
Which is more probable to you?

Scenario 1: Research scientists after years of expensive and intensive research make a breakthrough in material or energy sciences, medicine, or engineering, accompanied by all of their research. This advancement suddenly opens up a number of potential uses for the discovery which 'jumps' our technology suddenly.

or

Scenario 2:
A much more advanced civilization from a distant star managed to find us, travel to us, and for some inexplicable reason give us technology that we likely do not have the scientific basis to understand, let alone reverse engineer or utilize, and not only have they done this, they have done this repeatedly.
>>
>>17321979
I was thinking of the tv as a good example of something humans invented on their own... I'm pretty sure any alien tech has no room for our original cathode ray tube tech, and you can track it's advancements with small improvements in technology over the years.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.