[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trippy Science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: cache1450854316216.jpg (91KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
cache1450854316216.jpg
91KB, 1024x576px
What if time isnt constantly flowing forward in a systematic straight forward fashion. What if it stops here and there , slows and speeds up. But we cant notice this change in times speed because our brains cant percieve the fluctuation. What if in the time you read this time had stoped moving billions of years in which we percieve time but you didnt notice it? ITT:trippy logical science theorys that cant be disproven and discussion.
>>
File: allmighty.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
allmighty.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
What if god was one of us OP? What if he was just some stranger on a bus? What if he was just trying to make his way back home?
>>
>>17318222
There's already a theory where time is relative. Gravity and velocity affect the flow of time. We can't perceive the change because we're all inside the same relative time field. If we gain or lose velocity or gravity, which can be mass change or acceleration (pulling g's) our second will always be perceived as one second inside the field but outside the field our second will be longer or shorter. Theoretically if a planet fell into a black hole it would fall at two vastly different speeds. Let's say from our perspective the collision takes one hour. From the planet's perspective the fall would take an increasingly long time. Time would stretch from both the velocity increase from the "falling" effect (no terminal velocity in space) and the massive gravity increase from the acceleration and the mass of the black hole. The closer the planet got, the slower time would flow.
>>
>>17318222
op you're a silly sausage
>>17318299
is right. although him mentioning how gravity and velocity affect time aren't really relevant.
all you need to know is that time is a measure of the rate at which events happen. if everywhere is experiencing this same rate, then it can't be determined if time is slowing down or speeding up, simply because in reality. it isn't doing either. consider the following op. imagine i held a 1 by 1 by 1 cm cube in my hand. if each dimension of that cube changed to 2 by 2 by 2 cm, then yes it has gotten larger. but what if everything around it also increased in volume by the same factor as the cube? then there is no difference since everything is the same to one another. without some kind of outside reference point, you can't determine a change. in time, space whatever. and if you did have an outside reference point, say my other hand held a 1cm radius sphere. it be getting smaller if everything else got bigger, and so you could say this sphere got smaller or everything else in the universe just got bigger.
>>
>>17318222
True! 1000 years later!
>>
>>17318561
Wth are you talking about?
Time slows dependent on gravity and velocity is correct. If two people set a watch at the exact same time and one accelerates while the other stands still, when the accelerating one comes to a stop his clock will now be showing a different time to the stationary person. The accelerating clock is ticking more slowly. For him less time has passed.

Same for the cube in your example. If your cube grows at the same rate that everything else grows, it has still grown. Its growth is not dependent on anything else.
>>
>>17318222
Watch spirit science. I did and I became enlightened.
>>
>>17318579
i said the thing about velocity and gravity was right, it just wasn't relevant to ops statement/question

and the thing about the cube is that if everything else in the universe has also increased its dimensions by the same factor. then NO it has not grown at all. nothing can have been said to have happened
>>
>>17318588
And I'm saying that's complete and utter nonsense.

If you have 2 puppies that grow at the same exact rate does that mean they haven't grown?

Applied to relativity its the same thing.
>example:
If you have a star and planet in stable orbit that grow at the same rate (while radius grows at the same rate to keep them stable), do you say that neither have grown? When you take a measurement before and after the value has changed. The ratio is the same but it says nothing about the actual scalar values.
>>
>>17318561
Mentioning gravity and velocity is relevant because everywhere isn't experiencing the same rate. Time is relative, reality is not. It can easily be determined if time is speeding up or slowing down. Two clocks that keep perfect time. One is on earth, the other on Jupiter. After a period of time you can check the clocks and see that the Jupiter clock is behind the earth one even though they both measure time at the same rate perfectly. If you then switched the clocks and waited the same period of time the clocks would then tell the same time.
>>
sup /x/

/sci/ here

FUCK YOU
>>
>>17318222
Bloodborne is one of the greatest creepy atmospheric games I've ever played
>>
>>17318222
>What if time isnt constantly flowing forward in a systematic straight forward fashion
Then you've finally understood how to create more history.
>>
File: NoName.png (845KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
NoName.png
845KB, 1300x867px
>>17320355
Oh come now. Don't be that way.
>>
>>17320355
its funny how whole /x/ is moved to /sci/ and is shitposting like a mad men and whole /sci/ moved here to debunk shit.
>>
>>17320871
Perhaps a peace treaty is in order.
>>
>>17320355
Please correct and elaborate. I'm interested but it seems very confusing, like you'd need a degree in physics to properly understand it.
>>
You'd get fluctuations in gravity and certain fundamental particles, which would in fact be measurable.
>>
>>17319208
i don't think you understand what i mean when talking about everything in the universe, both examples you gave only account for 2 objects chaninging. I'm talking everything in the universe like i said 50 times. that includes subatomic particles and wavelengths of energy. I'm quite literally, talking about the whole fucking universe, if that happens you wouldn't know would you
>>
>>17320136
yea now that i re-read op it is very relevant lol sorry
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.