[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 13

File: 6870388-alien-invasion.jpg (455KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6870388-alien-invasion.jpg
455KB, 1920x1200px
Aliens are out there, Not only one race. Who will strike earth first?

What chance do we have?
>>
>>17316384
if its aliens who strike then none
>>
>>17316412
how come?
>>
As long as they don't decide to go full on exterminatus or strip mine the entire planet down to its core I would like to think that humanity as a species are quite resilient. Also, look at our sheer numbers, if we where invaded and I don't think we'd be fully eradicated. Perhaps every major civilization would fall but there would probably be pockets of humans scattered on remote locations all around the planet, at least our genetic legacy would survive in that scenario.
>>
>>17316431
make sens iguess, somehow if we was given peace from them our world leaders would still fuck that up.
>>
>>17316384
Realistically speaking aliens don't give a fuck about us and they wont until we become competent in space travel.

>>17316478
Another realistic aspect is that even if our world leaders were fucking retarded the aliens would probably not be unfamiliar with the idea that generalizing is stupid.
>>
>>17316384
Actually they are waiting for us to kill each other off. They can wait as long as they want and when we are all gone they will take all the resources and dead organic matter
>>
>>17316417
You're taking about beings that can travel enormous distances through space. With technology like that they would also have the tools to wipe us out.
>>
>>17316649
Our planet isn't that special in resources, they can just mine a dead rock planet for shit.
>>
>>17316691
Yes, but WHY would they? do you really think a creature that advanced would just blow up and kill everything they can mindlessly?
>>
There is literally no reason to visit our little rock. If they want to exterminate us for the lols, that is to travwl lightyears to kill some unevolved monkeys, seems a bit far fetched. To kill us for resources is also dumb because there are plenty of resources on other planets.
So put your tin foil hat back on and go write some more conspiracy theories OP. No aliens for a while.
>>
>>17316856
If they're intelligent then they're thinking the same thought as us "What if we encounter another species thats war-like and has better technology?". They bring the heaviest weapons that got as an emergency for such a situation.

They travel to Earth and sit there and observe, debating whether to trust this species or not while we think the same of them. Thats when the paranoia starts as to who extends the invitation first?
Do the aliens invite potential savages on board a shape capable of mass destruction?

Do the humans sit there and wait for the aliens to decide the fate of humanity?

Then someone on Earth or in their spaceship gives into their paranoia. And strikes with the biggest weapon they have.

A ship that can withhold the pressure of traveling at or above light speed is impervious to all weapons. Also we don't know what kind of resources they have. Theres an asteroid made of diamonds out there, just imagine how many more are out there and resources stronger than that.
>>
OP read the book of revelation
>>
Yeah if aliens are coming here at all it would be to take slaves or to harvest us for genetic material for research and meat.

No sane advance species would talk to us until we can come together as a planet NOT nations and help each other once and for all.
>>
>>17316431
If they were to exterminate us for the planet resources or any other reason the best way would be a airborne virus or biological warfare.
Granted that they have achieved space travel they would also be very advanced in this field and since we have no means to stop any attack from space this seems the ideal way as it doesn't involves direct confrontation and has basically no military efforts on their side except for the initial delivery of a biological weapon.
The second most effective way to annihilate our civilization would be a massive planetary bombing, against which we most likely have no counter, for the same readon as above.
Of course, this second path would be much less indicated if they aim to dispose of the planet resources although probably way faster than biological warfare.
Our best bet is actually a full scale ground invasion but they would be surely enough advanced/clever to consider different paths if they've been in contact with us.
As of now we probably stand no chance against races capable of interstellar travel.
>>
>>17317177
Again with the dumb assumptions on your part.

What makes you think they would openly reveal themselves before studying everything about us completely?
>>
File: 1450333405170.jpg (41KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
1450333405170.jpg
41KB, 400x347px
> implying they wouldn't already be here
> inplying they wouldn't be smart enough to infiltrate our governments over hundreds of years
> implying the invasion hasn't already happened
>>
File: rh4V2eK.jpg (12KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
rh4V2eK.jpg
12KB, 600x450px
Soon, all we will hear is a battle cry of "Ayy Lmao".
>>
the assumption that aliens have to be progressed beyond us morally/societally/socially/etc. if they are scientifically advanced is really stupid all things considered

while we don't really have the ability (as far as i know, sue me if im wrong) for interstellar travel of course we are pretty advanced scientifically as a race in general but we're also fucked up on so many other levels

considering we're (and most if not all) life forms on our planet are aliens to what we consider aliens, we are an example of an alien race that is fucked up but progressed scientifically

maybe they'll land on our planet and be like, damn, they hate each other as much as we hate those bastards back on our planet
>>
>>17317177
>If they're intelligent then they're thinking the same thought as us
Feel that's a bit of an oxymoron.
>Debating whether to trust this species or not
We can't really go anywhere significant right now without someone's external consent and assistance, by which point said consent is likely based on adequate evaluation and trust so we're a non-threat.

It's like going to the pound and wondering if you should take out the dogs there while picking yours up. Just what do you fear will happen? They acquire the ability to unlock their cages, bypass any and all security measures, follow you home, unlock your door, bypass your security and kill you in your sleep?

If the dog you picked up goes feral put it down and move on. There is absolutely no situation that requires nuking the mutts in pound or the pound nuking human society. There's paranoia and then there's psychosis. Things like the red scare have taught me it's really only us who use the blur between the two to encourage the gullible into a state of irrational fear and hostility for the advantage of some ulterior motive. I don't think we should trust anything foreign to our society, but the idea everything is out to destroy us because reasons is much more questionable. None of Earth's resources are not rare or dangerous.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oHxGQjirV-c

Learn something faggots. It's long but worth it.
>>
>>17318748
Yeah Youtube is a good source is it?
>>
I>>17318752
If youre being sarcastic then you're either a retard, a troll, or disinformation. If you are sincere then, yes it is.
>>
>>17316384
if i were alien i would never make alliances
>>
>>17318718
Nice post.
Genuine logical thought.
We will be watching you.
>>
>>17316384
>implying aliums do wars
>implying they would still exist if they were doing wars
that's the very reason you are lock on this Earth, pleb
>>
u nerds have obviously never whooped contra without the 30 life code the alions don't stand a chance against me im a run n gun mastor
>>
File: OP.png (139KB, 907x596px) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
139KB, 907x596px
sowers always win because of the early game advantage... and the vaulters got nerfed hard

humans gave little chance. your not genetically modified bug cyborgs or talking crystal transformers
>>
>>17316384
LMAO Does anyone else find this image hilarious?
Like the aliens come from a gas or liquid world and didn't expect that their usual nose 1st entry would end so poorly.

Best invasion ever. Up out the fires and collect your advanced tech for reverse engineering
>>
>>17316384
I don't know how I will sound, but I believe "aliens" are actually the fallen angels using their super knowledge to make great technologies.
>>
File: image.jpg (483KB, 1560x1059px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
483KB, 1560x1059px
>>17316384
We will be the ones to strike
>>
>>17316384
They've tried to take this world before, but an all-out planetary invasion would attract too much attention from the 'authorities'.
One of their previous attempts involved what we call the 'the black death'.
They tried their luck again and got BTFO over Nuremberg a couple hundred later.
They are now playing the long game and using our economy to achieve their goals.
>>
>>17319412
couple hundred years later*
>>
>>17316384
Seeing as God gave Noah a covenant where the creatures on earth fear us, sealed with the rainbow, the aliens can't attack us. They can only decieve us to separate us from our end of the covenant; working the earth and making babies
>>
>>17314408
Itty bitty hiding aliens -- who knows?
>>
>>17319456
Consider suicide.
>>
>>17316856
>WHY would they?
They get a kick out of blowing up planets maybe?
>>
The problem with the idea of
"aliens bent on murdering humanity" is that if they're capable of interstellar travel they have no use for us.
Lets examine a few potential scenarios:
>the fuck humans lets kill them for absolutely no reason
The problem with this is that a race that knows nothing about us or wants nothing to do with us but extermination is a paradox. A race that has never communicated with them (even if by chance they've been watching us for however long), knows nothing of their existence, and would earn them nothing by ceasing to exist; exterminating us would be a waste of their resources.
And if they were a race of savages they wouldn't have a ship that moves at c-speed. Something that powerful takes a vast amount of research and resources.
>but anon, what if they want our resources?
Lets consider everything we could possibly have to benefit a race that has already mastered interstellar travel (assuming the bare minimum needed which is light speed travel):
>1) water
Jupiters moon is ice. It has more water than our entire planet.
>2) energy
We cant even generate enough energy for a spaceship at 50% light speed. They've been zooming around in a ship that travels at the bare minimum c.
>3) metals etc
There are rocky planets and moons much older than earth and entire asteroid belts with even more rare metals than earth
>4) slaves
The technology necessary to move at c speed and they haven't designed androids to do damn near everything for them? I highly doubt that.

So again, what resources do we have for them?

Now the argument for they don't think like us is moot here. Every race has a need for resources.
>>
I think They already tried to kill us but for some reason They could not achieve their goal,I think they would prefer to kill us passively so that the planeta does not remain filled with radiation so They could to live here.
>>
>>17319781
>>17319835

Or they are just playing the slow game waiting for us to get rid of ourselves and then focus on their end goal what that now might be.. They could allready be here in the real depths of the ocean who knows.
>>
Anyone who thinks aliens are here to kill humans is not paying attention. Interstellar travel capable races would have little difficulty whiling us out. Look up the disclosure project or dr.steven Greer.

Watch almost every big name in the political, geo-political, and powerful person since the 40's back up what he is saying.

Stop being sheeple, humans are the ones to fear not aliens.
>>
no end
its a farm of apes
we are valuable
>>
>>17320476

But honestly do you think that every other race out there are one love ET´s that only wants to help and educate?
>>
>>17316384
aliens would see us as nobodies, They wouldn't attack us because we are so below there level in technology that we aren't a threat to them.
>>
>>17320538
an easy target is still an easy target, you are right with the nobody part. no other race would step in to help us in case of need. it all would go the other way around even if we had an other race here on earth that helped us in the past.
>>
what if..
they are intelligent like the human intelligence
anno 2016+? lightyears+awayorhere.
or comming.or waiting.observing our galaxy ..
and neigbourhood,
maybe all knowing of a future we only can speculate about anno 2016
but somehow they can timetravel and know
of our destiny of our galaxy and planet
earth
maybe just maybe some of them outt there
ufo higher intelligence ufo
knows our past and understand our
destructive and violent ways
maybe something wonderfiull is gonna happend.
maybe something violent and big bangish,
and they want to actually help us escape
a perfect doom and destuction comming
perhaps intergalactical or from our
own inner demons.
but since we are a hostile and contatious and dangerous species
they are making plans on whom
and how to save "some of us"
i belive the force is out there
and there is more in the skyes then we
understand today
and we live in a chaotic time
perhaps even a chaotic universal
asteroid ++++ time
and we are close to going instinct
perhaps some of the good et
are out there waiting and wont land
because it will destroy the master plan
of saving our violelent but yet intelligent species the human being
,maybe its just the exsotic animals they
want to preserve since we cant soon
maybe its the nature the flower the marijuanna plant
>>
>>17320476
Again in any reality, a species capable of light speed travel has 0 use for a race of fucking cavemen.

Ever consider that there are multiple alien species out there that have probably heard radio signals by now and simply haven't responded because were so primitive? The possibility that they fully know we're here and just ignore us?

Humans want to believe they're significant but the sad reality is that they're not.
>>
>>17316869
>an alien could shoot a missile and destroy us all
>like the dinos
kek
>>
THEY WILL FUCK YOUR CANOES, MY CANOES ALL OUR FUCKING CANOES YOU FUCKING CUNTWHORE PISSTWATKNOBBLING THUNDERCUNTS.
>>
>>17324837
what if aliens shot the missile at the dinos/earth, then traveled here much later, experimented, then humans were born free from dinos?
>>
what if that cheese sandwich I ate was actually the dna for a whole race. And the aliens put me in stasis removed it and replaced it with collard greens. wow how gross.
>>
>>17324860
what if that bloop sound was when yo mama went swimming?
>>
>>17316384
We are all alone, mate. The sooner you deal with that, the better.
>>
There is one alien race that wants to destroy Earth because they want the minerals. But I don't think anybody will strike us because there are a lot of other alien races who has intrests in the human race too.
>>
>>17324959
>Doctor who

This is real life.
>>
>>17324904
Prove it.
Pro tip: you can't.
>>
>>17316856
Well we do.
>>
>>17327624
*Partners
>>
>>17327624
I can't show you*
Wew that meme research really getting to me.
>>
File: freedom.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
freedom.png
2MB, 1024x768px
Don't worry, f͏a͏m. America will save the day like always. Those aliens will get 360 freedom'd the fuck out of this galaxy quicker than a burger is made.
>>
> my story about me and ayy studying the power of memes and how they protect us from other ETs. Is deleted
>Meme power confirmed
>Hot Pocket detected.
>>
File: Earth_Capital.png (216KB, 622x475px) Image search: [Google]
Earth_Capital.png
216KB, 622x475px
>>17316384
>Who will strike earth first?

These guys. And they will win.
>>
>>17319781
I've heard that they are a race so advanced that they have severely genetically manipulated their bodies making their race physically weak. They would like our generic code to hybridize their species giving them better immune systems and muscular strength.

Another theory had made claim to an aliens ability to feed off of our consciousness.

But if you really think about it we are the perfect source of protein. How nice would it be to let loose a dominant species of cows that would take over a planet and in time could be harvested by the billions. Keep in mind that a space faring species wouldn't be bothered by a few light years, it might be like going grocery shopping for them.
>>
File: ufo.jpg (999KB, 1120x4048px) Image search: [Google]
ufo.jpg
999KB, 1120x4048px
>>17316384
According to Bob Dean, who was a command sergeant major in the US army during the cold war and had access to cosmic top secret information (yes, that is a real NATO classification) he read a report that basically said. They are here, they have been for a long time and if they wanted to kill us and take our shit they would do it as easily as a human squashes a bug.

So i am not to worried about aliens. I am sure there are some kind of extremely powerful collective out their that watches our back and keep lesser hostile races at bay.
>>
File: ufo old painting.jpg (36KB, 622x296px) Image search: [Google]
ufo old painting.jpg
36KB, 622x296px
>>17328162
Here is the interview if any one is interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI9fS8Y-fww
>>
>>17316384
You realize we're being protected right? There are harmful aliens but there are ones waiting for mankind to achieve harmony before sharing and trusting us with their kind of power. But there's too many people self absorbed and violent that they don't understand we're all connected.
>>
>>17328162
Give me more info on cosmic top secret clearance please.
>>
File: Virgin_Mary_UFO_01.jpg (88KB, 632x443px) Image search: [Google]
Virgin_Mary_UFO_01.jpg
88KB, 632x443px
>>17328246
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cosmic+top+secret+clearance
Its right there on wikipedia.
>NATO classifications
>For example, sensitive information shared amongst NATO allies has four levels of security classification; from most to least classified:
>COSMIC TOP SECRET (CTS),
>NATO SECRET (NS),
>NATO CONFIDENTIAL (NC), and
>NATO RESTRICTED (NR).
>>
>>17324852

Did you just fall down a waterfall or whatever?
>>
>>17328268
Yer bad at googling.

>(U) Definition: COSMIC is the NATO designation for TOP SECRET information whose unauthorized disclosure would
result in exceptionally grave damage to NATO. “COSMIC TOP SECRET” is the marking used to designate NATO
information that is classified at the TOP SECRET level. The word “NATO” is never used on NATO information which is
classified at the TOP SECRET level.

https://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/intel/capco_imp.pdf pg 29
>>
>>17328304
>Yer bad at googling.
I just showed you exactly how i googled it.

How many times where you dropped as a kid?
>>
>>17328323
Wow, rude m8 :^) All I'm saying is you didn't find anything helpful, and I did.
>>
>>17318718
>None of Earth's resources are not rare or dangerous.

Our culture and sentience might be both. The biodiversity here is the one thing "unique" about our world. Even if there are billions of thinking creatures, each one to some degree is a unique resource with a unique history that can not be replaced if lost.

Which, in my opinion, gives high credence to the zoo hypothesis.
>>
>>17328162
>afanasyev describes project orion in detail
>>
>>17328338
>>Wow, rude m8 :^) All I'm saying is you didn't find anything helpful, and I did.
So i point you at the exact information and you say i am not being helpful and you call me rude?

I am sorry but its you that is rude and not only are you rude but you are also extremely retarded.

Good day
>>
>>17328370
You did not point me to the information, I had to do a separate search.

I hope you have a good day too! :^)
>>
>>17316384
Da orks! An' nun! ya stupid umie' we'z da fastast, shootiest, choppiest der' is!
>>
>>17328379
Literally the first result in the search, dipshit.
>>
>>17328396
Are you on K-2? :^)
The .pdf I linked is the fifth link down on the google search you sent me.
>>
>>17328120
>genetics
They genetically weakened their bodies and all of a sudden have completely forgotten how to strengthen them again?

>shit about protein
They have light speed travel and know how to genetically alter their species for whatever purpose and don't just clone their food sources?

Do you see the problem? An advanced civilization is self sufficient.

The only type of civilization with a bone to pick with humans is one as primitive as us.
>>
>>17328416
And the part from wikipedia is the first.

Now fuck off, you rude retard.
>>
>>17316384
At a certain point certain civilizations start advancing at a rapid pace until mundane matters like obtaining energy and minerals or sating naturally evolved urges become irrelevant, they could obliterate us in a second, but they do not because there is little chance of us accomplishing the same.

Life on earth has gone down an evolutionary dead end and we are likely on course to self-destruction if not stagnation until the surface of the Earth is rendered sterile by solar radiation. We can't conceive how irrelevant we are or how little interest they have in us. Dante described the lowest sphere of hell as being freezing cold, that is where we are, we are the furthest from god's love. If they could only observe the universe for 5 minutes they would spend that time observing black holes, supernovas and gas clouds, if they found us they would immediately swipe left.
>>
In 50,000 thousand years Earth will enter a new Ice-Age and most of the planet will die, that's if we don't kill ourselves first or get wiped out by an asteroid/yellowstone/disease.

Why spend vast resources to come here on an exterminatus mission? They may as well just wait.
>>
>>17328849
You. I like you.
>>
>>17328849
>At a certain point certain civilizations start advancing at a rapid pace until mundane matters like obtaining energy and minerals or sating naturally evolved urges become irrelevant

Source? Citation?

Oh, you just made that up? Well why didn't you state that at the beginning?
>>
>>17328867
The singularity you ignorant fuck. The rate of evolution of technology is exponential.
>>
>>17328883
So why add..

>sating naturally evolved urges become irrelevant

That's just baseless speculation. You made an assumption then convinced yourself it was scientifically accurate.

In other words... you made it up. There is no proof to what you said. It's bullshit.
>>
>>17328849
Like, what is the point of life? Seriously?
What is the point of evolution?
At what point is evolution done? Is it ever done?
What would a super advanced civilization want to do and have that humans aren't capable of?
Even more crazy technology? But surely they would have the same philosophical and existential questions as we do.
We want answers and we hope alyiums will give them to us. I can't help but feel that they will, on a certain level, be just as ignorant as we are.
>>
>>17328917
Are you fucking dumb? As technology improves needs for energy, food and anything else becomes easier to meet. At a certain point any need will be met with no need to try.
>>
>>17328941
>At a certain point any need will be met with no need to try.

Where are you getting this from? Star Trek? It's pure bullshit.

Please show me some source or something that isn't a baseless assumption.
>>
>>17328922
>what is the point of life?
>What is the point of evolution?
>At what point is evolution done?
>Is it ever done?
Not even sure where to begin here. The answer to most of this is just no.
>>
>>17328954
Google ray Kurzweil, the singularity, evolution of technology. LITERALLY anything about the accelerating returns of technology. Holy shit. Kurzweil has written multiple books on the subject and so has michio kaku.
>>
File: overman.jpg (84KB, 550x636px) Image search: [Google]
overman.jpg
84KB, 550x636px
>>17328996
>mfw
>>
We will be invaded like in the movie Pulse. Everything is inner connected electronically anymore. We have all our satellites aligned and ready to receive them.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.