[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the hell is the point of self mummification?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 194x259px
what the hell is the point of self mummification?
>>
>>17311224
Being spooky?
>>
To impress
>>
>>17311361
Is there ever any other point?
>>
To live forever in the annals of history once you die?
>>
Pride and vanity imo. Same reason people seek fame/recognition except you can tout this around as spiritual
>>
So that you may offer yourself to the whole.
>>
It's in a state of deep samadhi the purpose is spiritual liberation.
>>
>>17311224
That monk is high as fuck, he get mummified while dealing with it.
>>
>>17311474
And oh boy, he DID really deal the shit shit out of it.
>>
>>17311474
i mean, look at those shades. when he decided it was time to do this he knew he wanted to look fly af in his shrine.

but buddhism is all about spiritual liberation and ascending from the physcal world right? so y preserve your body like that?
>>
tibetan rainbow body ascension?
>>
>>17311224
Why did they put sunglasses on him?
>>
>>17311527
i can only imagine he put them on himself
was reading about the process. basically they starve themselves for years and eat this weird diet thats supposed to help them preserve their corpses, then when its time they go into a tiny little tomb with a hole for air. they ring a bell until they cant anymore while other monks watch the tomb. when the bell stops, they seal the air hole. in three years they open the tomb and if the body was properly preserved they put in into robes and put in a shrine to worship.
>>
>>17311224
what is the point in living?
>>
>>17311492
All about spirituality but concerned with the body?

Hypocrisy? Contradictory? It's like saying "One must have a desire to rid oneself of all desires."
>>
>>17311608
>concerned with the body
You've conflated tradition and teaching a third time.
>>
>>17311224
He's still alive.
>>
>>17311527
when his eyes finally disintegrated completely his students put those sunglasses on him because he looked pretty creepy
>>
>>17311224
The idea is, that he is still alive.
>>
>>17311579
living is a cuk's paradise. You only live to delay the inevitable which still robs you of everything you know and love about this world.
>>
They probably misunderstood something the ancient aliens said about living forever.
>>
>>17311224
allows you to resist hunger indefinitely, and gives you +15 on checks to avoid decaying
>>
They believe that if they die while meditating and maintain the lotus position, they are still technically alive but have no desires, allowing them to achieve nirvana.
>>
>>17312931
Buddha did this right???
>>
>>17311687

so he's a ghost or trapped here or what dude
>>
>>17312931
Way too much trouble
>>
>>17311224
It's an effect, not a goal you idiot
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.