[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost Girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: FB_IMG_1454399136554.jpg (21KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454399136554.jpg
21KB, 480x336px
Bit of OC here. My band played a gig at a local pub in Cheshire, England last weekend. Afterwards one of my friends who attended posted this pic taken in the Pool Room. Is it just us or is there a spooky looking image of a small girl in a dress giving the photographer a courtesy in the bottom right of the picture??? I've drank in there a few times and never heard of any spooky stories before but thought I'd share with you all!
>>
ABSOLUTE
>>
File: 2016-02-02 07.50.09.jpg (6KB, 123x168px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-02 07.50.09.jpg
6KB, 123x168px
>>
>>17307855
Interesting
>>
scary part is that dude sucking that other dudes ass.
>>
If this isn't shopped, this is a great shot.
>>
It's a good thing her dress was a ghost too or that would have been embarrassing.
>>
not an expert but this at least doesnt look like a hack job, one more to come.
>>
File: index.png (51KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
51KB, 480x336px
>>17308154
with an adjustable ELA tool you can make almost anything look like its been edited with the right settings, but Im not seeing much here to warrant an obvious fake...

OP this was originally a digital photograph? not a developed one, right?
>>
>>17308162
As far as I'm aware it was just taken off a camera phone and uploaded straight to Facebook.
>>
Bit more info, The pub is called The Railway. It's in an old market town called Nantwich which dates back hundreds and hundreds of years. We have buildings there that are nearly 500 years old still standing! Not sure how old The Railway is, probably well over 100 years old I'd say looking at it.

One of my mates is going out with the bar maid there so will see if I can speak to her at some point and see if there's ever been any sightings etc.
>>
could be a reflection of a chandelier/whatever lighting fixture
>>
File: lensflare.jpg (131KB, 635x336px) Image search: [Google]
lensflare.jpg
131KB, 635x336px
>>17308273
I was just double checking to look for error levels or signs of editing, the area in the image behind the anomaly seems darker than it perhaps should be, but it doesnt look artificial.

>>17308419
oh wait... Im thinking it might be a heavily pixelated flare from the window... pic related.
>>
>>17308349
>The pub is called The Railway
Well Im not finding anything about hauntings but for fuck sake dont eat there:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-30954210
>>
>>17308486
Good call
>>
File: hexflare.jpg (115KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
hexflare.jpg
115KB, 480x336px
>>17309285
>>17308486
person who made that here,

yeah I just spotted it, its actually three hexagonal lens flares (pic related)

Its convincing at first glance that shit lined up just right, really looks like its a little girl doing a curtsy.
>>
>>17308273

For something taken straight off of a camera phone & uploaded straight to facebook would imply a few things:
> The phone is a smart phone
> Being a smartphone & this being the year 2016, the phone's camera isn't going to be that terrible, even on a lower-end model.
> 480x336 are weird dimensions to begin with, the aspect ratio is also weird, and a modern smartphone isn't going to save images that size by default (if at all).
> Additionally I don't think some random dude a bar, trying to capture his friends doing something funny, is going to be fucking with image settings; he's going to pull out his phone and take a picture.

That picture is too blurry and too noisy for the amount of light in that room. That level of noise only happens when the lighting is really shit.

The noise also seems way to consistent like a filter was used.

So I'm going to guess how this image was made:
>The OP was cropped to that dimension for no reason other than that's how the select tool ended up.
>Ghost girl was put into a new layer, given a layer mask & the mask was blurred slightly to feather the edges. Then the opacity was dropped.
>The layers were flattened
>A blur filter was used, but set pretty low & a noise filter was used after that (can't tell if it's a monochrome noise or not).
>The image was then exported as a JPG with the quality dropped enough, so that it was artifacted enough in an attempt to make it look convincing, & then given a fake FB image name.

Aka it's bullshit.
>>
>>17309303
Agreed. Lens flare. At first glance it *is* unusual. And no, I don't think OP was trying to hoax anything.
>>
>>17309357
>That level of noise only happens when the lighting is really shit
If the room had low lighting and the exposure was bumped up to make it as bright as the photo appears it would account for the blurriness and the noise.

Lrn2photography
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-03-17-24-12.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-03-17-24-12.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>17309357
Can confirm I haven't edited it in any way, this is how I found the image on Facebook and downloaded directly to my phone and uploaded directly to here.

Pretty convinced with the lense flare explanation though, well done detectives of /x/ I knew I could count on you!!!
>>
>>17309357
Looks like the ghost app for a cell phone
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.