[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found this in a park

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_20160201_174124.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160201_174124.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I found this when walking on a park, i think that it was hanging on a tree and someone threw it away... So... Does anyone have idea of what lenguage is it? or better yet, what does it say?
>>
some of it reminds me of Greek.
>>
>>17307864
you should have not touched it, who touches a voodoo doll. Seriously.
>>
>>17307864
Kek, you dig through trash?
>>
Looks like old Hungarian alphabet
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I seen this the other day.
I've seen similar before.
Weird art?
>>
>>17307893
oh bother
>damn telephone
>>
>>17307869
What happens when you touch a voodoo doll?
>>
>>17307901
Depends on where you touch it
>>
It could be a form of satanic or voodoo writing by the looks of it
>>
File: 1453435370588.jpg (33KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1453435370588.jpg
33KB, 500x367px
>>17307893
Bored and stoned art students. Hipsters, mayne. Theys errywhere
>>
>>17307893
Maybe, but i don't think so, this is some sort of message or satanic magic vodoo stuff
>>
>>17307814
> greek .....where is the plays?
>>
>>17307838
Agree, Greek letters aren't the easiest to carve into stone either......think that explains why some of them look kind of different.
>>
most of it is sabean script
>>
Those are sigils mate.
>>
>>17307814
I remember seeing a thread like this a year ago
>guy walking in park
>finds thin wood board hammered on a tree with strange symbols
>whatdoesitmean.exe

Turns out there is a universal hieroglyphic language for homeless/ hobos since a large amount of them are illiterate (cant read or wright)

Just saying thats the most likely answer
>>
>>17307869
>>17307920
>>17308042
>satanic
>voodoo

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are mentally deficient. You might want to check into that.
>>
>>17307838
the phi symbol looks greek, the rest not so much

>>17307876
If you mean Rovásírás, it does have some similarity but theres characters there that arent present in rovásírás

>>17307920
Satanism is a modern construction and doesnt have its own written alphabet, voodoo as an african/carribean tradition primarily uses french. As far as Im aware the Dahomey did not have a written language of this kind, and the haitians would have just been using a french derivative. Its decidedly not "voodoo"

>>17310369
>>17310373
not greek

>>17311312
That is not how sigil magick works.

>>17311386
It not hobo script either, it wouldnt be written out like that.

It looks a lot like a Phoenician or Aramaic or maybe Etruscan (Its definitely related to that family.), not older, because a proto-sinatic script would be more hieroglyphic and less abstracted.

The problem is it has symbols which arent present in any of those.
>>
File: _LL.png (267KB, 743x301px) Image search: [Google]
_LL.png
267KB, 743x301px
>>17307814
>>
>>17311559
thats clearly not the alphabet in OPs post, what is that even?
>>
Phoenician alphabet strikes a lot of symbols, but there are some that are not on the alphabet
>>
File: 2000px-CopticLetters.svg.png (159KB, 2000x1659px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-CopticLetters.svg.png
159KB, 2000x1659px
>>17307814
Coptic language? It's a derivate of Greek.
>>
>>17311685
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coptic_language
>>
It's satanic
>>
File: image.jpg (430KB, 945x1465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430KB, 945x1465px
>>17307814
Some of them look like they're from the Amharic alphabet.

Let me help you out. I also speak the language, by the way.
>>
>>17311685
coptic is missing too many symbols in that text.

>>17311702
you're still retarded

>>17311708
this is a really good guess but there's three symbols just on the first line that dont match up to that, even with a really liberal interpretation of the symbols.
>>
>>17307814
It's phoenician alphabet, it reminds me of the Nora Stone.
>>
File: Qualcosa non va.png (145KB, 880x370px) Image search: [Google]
Qualcosa non va.png
145KB, 880x370px
>>17313777
Ot this fragment found in Nora, dated to 1100 bc.
>>
>>17313777
if it's Phoenician, whats with the character that looks liek a norse "ing" and the character that looks like a sideways Phoenician 'H'?

Its similar to Phoenician, but it isnt.
>>
>>17307814
Probably some kid's art project where he tried drawing antique looking letters on clay to play archeologist
Next
>>
>>17314018
and he just happened to use a Phoenician language family script like they taught him in what fucking class?
>>
>>17314206
You ever heard of the internet? Awesome stuff you can find there
>>
>>17307814
Looks like runes
They are talked about every second day here anon come on now, how can you not know about them
>>
>>17314286
Im not saying you're not right, you might be. Im just saying you're not helpful, and a cunt.

>>17314289
>looks like runes
You understand of course that there are many runic alphabets and that the term "runes" doesnt really help OP in any way? (also its not the runes youre thinking of anyway)
>>
Nope, i don't think that it's "hobo" lenguage, i live in a small city and hobos are not common. If you compare the symbols to the images that appear when you search "Runic" in google images some symbols look alike, but i guess that as >>17314310 said, there must be many different Runic alphabets.
>>
>>17307814
looks like a fake ancient-y script and discarded prop for LARPing.

if it's an actual language, then it might make sense to be interested.
>>
>>17314310
i think you're the cunt. you arrogantly bitched at his theory and when he gave you a reasonable answer you called him a cunt for no reason.
>>
>>17307814
>judging from the look of the tablet, it looks like its made out of porcelain clay.(can be bought for about $10 in a crafts store)
>judging from the look of the red paint, it looks like a water color.
>judging from the black paint within the carvings (which look like they were carved before the clay dried) that looks like marker, or water color as well.

>considering the glyphs are painted as well, which isn't very common with old tablets, I would guess this is very recent.

>considering the use/repetition(or lack there of) of the glyphs, I'd guess this is either an extremely efficient language, or this is actually randomly placed to appear as a real language.

>the glyphs don't seem to match in character/traits of older scripts.
>the actual presentation is very amateur, and looks as though it's trying to appear old, although it looks very new.

>some symbols are similar to existing scripts, but as one anon stated, that can easily be researched in Google.

my opinion is it says absolutely nothing, and may have been just the creation of a person with time on their hands.

OP, you should supply more pictures, so we can come to a conclusion if this is actually interesting, or something you cooked up yourself.
>>
>>17307814
>hanging on a tree and someone threw it away

Meaning, you picked up the pieces and placed them together...

Meaning you didn't even have the courtesy to remove the debris on top of the tablet...

Meaning, the two pieces have the other part of the cut off symbols...

Meaning, you staged this...

So tell us exactly why you didn't post this in say, /b/, /his/, or /int/? why is /x/ your go-to for languages? Are you trying so hard to make this seem mysterious as to make the assumption that this tablet doesn't say "please no use toilet behind tree" and you somehow were lucky enough to stumble onto a painted piece of rock that holds a mysterious meaning probably related to an ancient underground path to the Illuminati gold mine?

Explain yourself OP, or get the hell out of here.
>>
>>17316443
>Nope, it was more like cast.
>It did look like a water color
>You're right with that too, i guess that it was a water painting.
>Definetly is recent, i found it in a children park, with lots of people.
>Could be.
>And could be again.
Sorry for the lack of proof, but i did only take like 2 pictures, maybe ima take a look and see if it's still there. Anyways, nice logic there Annon.
>>
>>17307814
These are norse or some shit
>>
>>17316443
/thread

Thank you
>>
>>17316491
>The pieces were already together (the two big ones), i did only place the tiny one (the one in the top left corner)
>The other tiny pieces have nothing, i checked em.
Well, i just saw it and had curiosity, i mean, why would someone make a tablet with strage symbols on it?, and better yet, why placing it in the middle of a park?, between lots of trees, where people pass through all the time.
>>
>>17307814
smash it up and throw it in flowing water break every symbol you will break the spell on someone
>>
>>17317428
what if it's a spell to keep a murderer from murdering someone? then OP is basically the murderer.
>>
All I know is its ancient Celtic pagan
>>
>>17307814
this looks like it was written on ham
>>
Also abit of wickan the symbol that looks like an arrow pointing up with a circle on the bottom that's a symbol for empowerment... Nvm its completely wiccan wich is a modern version of Celtic paganism
>>
I'm reading the other post but I know its wiccan cause I used to study up on it as a teen I also had the wiccan bible
>>
>>17318506
The writing is cooking instructions clearly.
>>
>>17316585
not norse
>>17318503
not "ancient celtic pagan" whatever the fuck that is
>>17318506
now Im hungry
>>17318514
wtf is "wiccan"?

Since OP has provided nothing further, and it looks like total bullshit Im siding with:
>>17316443
>>
>>17311513
That is not how sigil magick works.

Well that depends on what you are using it for - or doing with it!
>>
>>17318560
you're going to want to use a meme arrow to quote someone newfriend.

Also you REALLY don't understand how sigil magic works.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.