[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CIA UFO File Dump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Ok so I'm sure you guys talked about this more around when it happened, but I went through the threads and couldn't find an active thread about it (only a paragraph in the /x/ bulletin), so I wanted to get your opinions on it.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/01/28/14/13/cia-releases-secret-files-and-photos-of-ufo-sightings

Wondering if anyone has gone through the documents and seen if there is anything worth mentioning or noting?

More than that though, I'm wondering what the point of this is? Sure, it's supposed to line up with the X-Files coming back and all, but if you believe in any of this stuff for real, then it looks like a weird thing to do (at least to me).

Which is why I'm wondering if anything in it contains anything worth knowing or reading, since obviously the gov isn't just gonna give up information that it wants to protect or keep secret.

Also wondering if this is just another attempt at making the topic seem unrealistic and fantastical by releasing "UFO documents" in a sort of tongue-in-cheek kind of way. Like a "look we took this so seriously back then, what a joke right?"

So, is it just more bullshit or is any of this legit?
>>
http://bluebookarchive.org/
>>
File: 1389635051534.jpg (73KB, 514x594px) Image search: [Google]
1389635051534.jpg
73KB, 514x594px
What if, after the Orson Wells radio broadcast of war of the worlds, they decided to trick people into believing in aliens because it was their only option, as crazies believed the broadcast was true. If they were silenced for untruth it'd show their true colors, if they were put on a pedestal, that UFO cult could be as profitable as Christianism for votes. It's based on the same tenants as that religion, that is to say, fear of god. It's instinct because God is just a stand in for getting gored by a mammoth, falling down a cliff, making you "Suddenly pregnant as a virgin"

All of these are animal fears disconnected from the true source. If you realize this, we will contact you shortly.
>>
shameless self bump for some hopefully serious (ish) responses...
>>
>>17306518
Hey op. I never saw any good discussion on this. Bump
>>
File: bitexco ufo.jpg (69KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
bitexco ufo.jpg
69KB, 540x540px
i looked through some of them. pretty cool stuff- i liked how international the filedump was.

Also the picture they tweeted was from Minneapolis, which is where i saw a craft that looked exactly like the one in the tweet (glowing disk hovering at tree-level)

made me feel kinda paranoid/solipsistic to be honest, family
>>
does anyone know if people in the UFO field have had any commentary on it? Dolan, Greer, et al? still thinking this is just another attempt to ridicule the topic by "releasing previously classified documents."

and of course it's treated as such in the media, and i doubt that anyone at any major news network has sifted through these files to find anything legitimate or noteworthy.

it's not often the UFO topic is even semi-seriously brought up in the mainstream media, and i thought this was an interesting move by the CIA.
>>
File: 1426220904857.jpg (214KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1426220904857.jpg
214KB, 960x960px
Even if you could fly as fast as light you wouldn't get anywhere fast or very far into the universe.

If you somehow had the ability to travel faster than that you wouldn't be stopping by earth for a giggle and a blurry out of focus photo or two. There's more to worry about on earth than intelligent complex life that's very unlikely to even exist, let alone have the means to do what we've pretty much decided isn't feasible.
>>
bumping for the good of secrit leekt info tots real 1337%
>>
>>17310228
thanks bud! cool opinion.
>>
>>17310497

not really sure what this has to do with what we're talking about, honestly. also sounds like you're not very well versed in the topic. i suggest doing some research. :)
>>
Never saw a good thread about this. Plz become a good thread about this.
>>
>>17310197
this
>>
>>17310228
I dunno i think life is pretty rare out there and they might stop by to watch us like we go to the zoo. However I've never seen a picture i really believed of a ufo and the chance of them crashing is pretty unrealistic.
>>
>>17310228
>technologically feasible to bend space and work within the world of quantum mechanics to accomplish intergalactic travel
>out of the vastness of the universe, we are the only place where life could possibly exist.

Shiggydiggy
>>
The documents haven't really been out long enough for the ufologist to really make any sort of decent comment on them other than "it's about time" or "it's a disinfo campaign".

Having said that, I doubt anything of real substance is in those documents and since it was released along with X-files it was a total attack at the whole concept of ufology. Just another way to ridicule the field. You may however find some interesting UFO reports by people that are inconclusive.

The USA is pretty far behind on this concept, other countries (Canada) have released classified documents on the topic many years ago and they didn't do it in a tongue and cheek manner along with some rehashed paranormal show.
>>
Aliens are fallen angels
>>
Watch "Mirage Men" on netflix. It describes an air force OSI campaign of disinformation intended to confuse the UFO community. Apparently they did it because people would be filming classified projects bc they thought they were UFO's and they wanted to limit the spread of classified intel. What confused me was that by telling people "Oh yeah, those are definitely UFO's, totally not hovercraft we made" it made more people want to get pics of them, meaning more sensitive info leaking.
I think what really happened was the gov basically built up this UFO society by feeding them a mixture of real information on UFO's and some fake info, and then later said "YEah we lied for national security" just so that people that believe look like they're crazy and would never be taken seriously.
>>
>>17310197
Ufology is a joke because of guys like Greer
>>
OP here.

>>17313511
100% agree. Mirage Men is a super interesting UFO documentary that isn't about UFOs. this is one of the documentaries i tell people to watch when they wonder how a large population of people can be fooled or tricked into believing something isn't true, or how the government can hire people or create agencies to create disinformation etc. but yes, i totally agree that it's a combination of real and fake things, which ultimately makes it easier to say it's all a bunch of bullshit.

>>17314636
i've never really got why there is a such a large group of Greer haters out there. i mean yeah, he's a super intense dude and has a bunch of jargon that he repeats over and over and at the same time is very proud of his connections in the government and who he's talked to to and briefed on the UFO topic. but i think it's unfair to say that ufology is a joke because of him. without him, we wouldn't have the Disclosure Project and hundreds of military and government officials with testimony regarding their experience with UFO's or things relating to the topic. in my opinion, this is some of the strongest evidence that the UFO community has in their arsenal.

>>17313429
also agree that the US is very far behind on this. depending on how much red pill you believe in, you could argue that it's no wonder they haven't been as transparent, seeing as they are sort of the world's gatekeeper for information like this. my point is, while yes they are far behind other countries, it's probably totally on purpose.

and since it seems like not much attention has been paid to this, i'll see if i can acquire the documents and do some skimming when i get some time to see if there is any valuable information contained in the released documents. i'm not UFO expert or professional researcher, but i've read a lot about it and hopefully have enough experience to discern whether there is something noteworthy.

glad i got some folks talking about this.
>>
>>17313469
They are not , they have ships and tech and real bodies that get recovered when they crash.
>>
>>17306518
http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com/15263/confronting-the-triangles/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.