[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the opinion here on norse runes? I've been thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: Anglo-Saxon-Runes.jpg (45KB, 531x480px) Image search: [Google]
Anglo-Saxon-Runes.jpg
45KB, 531x480px
What's the opinion here on norse runes? I've been thinking of making a set from birch, but I don't want to cut myself for nothing.
>>
File: tumblr_na20nwgS581tec7r3o1_1280.png (271KB, 471x1054px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na20nwgS581tec7r3o1_1280.png
271KB, 471x1054px
>>17305516

Don't be a degenerate.
>>
>>17305516
Where's the best place in your opinion to learn about runes and their meanings, creation, usage, order or placement, and all that jazz?
>>
File: 1392500403206.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1392500403206.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>17305547
The mother rune, look it up, and draw them.
The symbols are present in their perfectly designed forms, made by a guy who sacrificed himself to himself at the tree of infinity.

You must give up yourself to understand runa truly. It's why powerful rune-witches don't help along /pol/. They've reached nordic enlightenment and live with their three oversized doge. innawoods.
>>
>>17305557
How does that have anything to do with gay people?
>>
File: 71VZyyBx9bL.jpg (191KB, 653x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71VZyyBx9bL.jpg
191KB, 653x1000px
Read stuff from "folkminnesarkiv" instead of a bunch of stupid new age asatru crap. If you don't understand a Scandinavian language, read pic related.
>>
File: 1446830001119.jpg (512KB, 759x890px) Image search: [Google]
1446830001119.jpg
512KB, 759x890px
>>17305516
>but I don't want to cut myself for nothing.
You're not entering into my halls anytime soon, anon mcpussypants.
>>
>>17305604
That's right.

>>17305599
Thanks.
>>
>>17305599
Could you please be so kind to offer sources of yours? I would like to skim some stuff at first.
>>
>>17305617
Well, the book in pic related is pretty much the only source in English. I read stuff in Swedish written by folklorists, and I read notes from folklore archives.
>>
>>17305571
Magic is ergi. It requires receptvity.
Male magic users are either failing or getting railed by magic horses. Which do you seek?

Ehwaz is the key, ehwaz with seven legs will bring about the truth of feast and famine, and the wolf that eats the betrayer.

Runes aren't gay, they are woman's however. If you wore a bra, I'd expect you to be passive, js
>>
>>17305516
Not paranormal. Sage.
>>
File: He who must not be named.jpg (1KB, 141x90px) Image search: [Google]
He who must not be named.jpg
1KB, 141x90px
>>17305772
How are Runes not paranormal? are you stupid or just dumb?
>>
>>17305571
>falling this hard for such an obvious troll

Anon pls, stop
>>
>>17305516
Slightly more accurate than Tarot from what I've experienced.
>>
For scandos as well, registry of Norwegian "Black Books"

>http://www.edd.uio.no/ikos/svarteboker/registrant-svarteboker-07022012.pdf
>>
>>17305516
It will work, if you're willing to accept, that you have no free will.
>>
>>17305557
>>17305768
Can you provide sources for these runespells? I know the basics of bindrunes, runemal, and galdrastafr, but I need more. Please help me.
>>
>>17306291
Here's for those who can understand Swedish well enough. http://www.murberget.se/upptack/ I've found some really interesting stuff there, like text about guardian spirits.
Protip: After having clicked on an area, select "Kategorier", this will make it easier to separate the magic stuff from the more mundane entries.
>>
>>17306405
There's this too, the folkloric archive at the university of Lund. You first search through the index here: http://www.folklivsarkivet.lu.se/samlingar/intervjuer-och-fragelistsvar/ (Click on one of the links that ends with two years, the older ones are more interesting.)
You can then look up the document number here: http://www.folklivsarkivet.lu.se/samlingar/intervjuer-och-fragelistsvar/dokumentsamling/
A lot of this archive is really mundane though, it seems like there's much less magic folklore stuff here than on Murberget. Also, a lot of it is only handwritten, which I have severe difficulties reading. Extremely frustrating when I found something interesting in the index, only to discover that it was only written in unreadable cursive with no machine-typed version.
>>
>>17306405
If you're serous abut majik, you need to do the mundane as well. They are a tapistry, everything is cloth weaved by the norns.
>>
>>17306432
I meant that some of the stuff is really mundane, like having nothing to do with magic at all. Those archives aren't only about folklore, "folkminnesarkiv" translates roughly to archive for memories of the locals.
>>
File: 1324163224614.jpg (449KB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1324163224614.jpg
449KB, 1500x2100px
>>17306446
Why would you not want to know your ancestors memories? Things was different. People lived differently. The dueling system after all is a gigantic cultural difference to how disputes are "settled" now of all times. It's culturally appropriating your ancestors, they're all speaking "bork bork bork" and casting spells, not at all living an adapted life to cold and hardship, where craftsmanship was all that kept away the ghastly spirits of illness and poverty. I'm just saying that it WILL make the magick more properly understood if you take part in research about mundane shit. Learning how they dealt with menstruation makes the "woman's" rune make sense in a visceral way that the "primitive" weed-smoking shamaness would have used in her readings.
>>
"The Sorcerer's Screed" is a book I recommend. It's a translation of an Icelandic black book, it details the creation of talismans for all sorts of purposes.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.