[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to find some cryptids around the Colorado area

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: spewky.jpg (10KB, 236x220px) Image search: [Google]
spewky.jpg
10KB, 236x220px
Hey /x/ just coming over from a thread in /k/ about going innawoods. There were some good stories in there about cryptids and the like and one in particular gt me REALLY wanting to go find one. Weather the story is true or not it basically went with a dude who had gotten some NVGs and took out his Yugo version of an SVD and his dirt bike in the desert and ending up shooting basically a big foot in the face. Again, not sure if bullshit or real but regardless it was a great story and it got me the urge to go explore the wilderness more. I can link the full thread if anyone's interested. I generally use 4chan to research things and pool from a lot of sources (IE you dudes). So if anyone could help a guy out that would be great. Hell if anyone's interested and you live here in CO, I'd be more than happy to have another person come with.
>>
>>17304496
most important thing is bring a quality camera and tripod
>>
>>17304496
>Weather the story

That the print version of the Weather Channel?

>gotten some NVGs and took out his Yugo version of an SVD

Huh?

>I generally use 4chan to research things

Here we go, found your problem.
>>
>>17304496
Wasnt that one out innadesert of nevada, and he shot a reptillian?
>>
>>17304496
OP probably wants to shoot it.
>>
>>17304526
>Huh
educate yourself faggot.
Night vision goggles, Yugoslavian Dragunov SVD
plebian.
>>
>>17304539

Why would anyone want to help you do anything?
>>
>>17304541
Why did you reply? Answer: you had nothing better to do.

Plus people have been helpful in my other quests of random shit. Found out where to buy a big fucking helicopter and some dudes to help fly it. The /k/ancer /k/opter will be a thing.

>>17304537
Maybe.....

>>17304529
Same one, but I could have sworn it was a big foot kind of thing. Here's the link to it http://i.4cdn.org/k/1453867618683.png

Then the whole thread >>>/k/28697509
>>
>>17304513
I have a GoPro hero 3 that has a helmet cam mount and another decent camera. If all goes to plan should be good. Got plenty of battery power too.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (39KB, 499x503px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
39KB, 499x503px
>>17304541
Im not OP
I just got triggered when I was reminded that some people know jack shit about guns
Really triggered
Educate yourself
there is no reason you shouldnt learn about everything you can.
in this case, different variants of the same firearm.
>>
>>17304694
OP here and I must agree.
>>
>>17304694

Do you know what I had for breakfast this morning?
>>
>>17304640
Yeah he said scaly texture and big black eyes
sounds like a reptilian.
I live in CO to but dont really know where you could go.
Probably camp someplace near some old ass mines that you have to hike to; like way out in the boonies miles from civilization.
>>
>>17304711
Thats not the same thing and you know it.
But i'll guess either cereal, a muffin, a breakfast sandwich/burrito, or nothing.
>>
>>17304722

Donuts.

And, it is the same thing. If you looked hard enough on the internet, you could have learned it. And, there's no reason you shouldn't learn about everything you can.
>>
>>17304713
Looking back through it you were right, I see it now. I live about a 1 to 2 hour drive away from James peak so if that gives you any idea. Definitely plenty of those mines around but I don't remember the camping situation for there.
>>
>>17304526
choked on a dorito because of you, asshole
>>
>>17304741
>If you looked hard enough on the internet, you could have learned it.
yeah no. I don't know what angle you're trying to play here, but you're strawmanning like a motherfucker
once again, its not the same and you know it.
>>17304767
couldn't help you, i live more towards the 4 corners area. Id do some research on areas where motor vehicles arent allowed. Hike way out into the sticks like I said.But thats different from car camping, like, a lot. You gotta ruck out everything you bring in and junk. And make sure you tell someone where you're going bigfoot hunting.Also do the future of human/bigfoot relations and dont just go and shoot the fucker unless you get attacked.
Just, y'know, watch out for skinwalkers/bloodrunners/fleshgaits/whatever the fuck they're called.
>>
>>17304834

Admitting that you don't know my side of the argument means that you don't fully understand what you're responding to. That's obviously a tautology but it's important to point out.

Since you acknowledge the fact that you don't understand what you're responding to, that means you aren't responding to anything specific. If you aren't responding to anything specific, that means you are just responding to a misappropriation of what I said and pretending like that is what I meant. You then proceeded to continue the argument as if your misappropriation of what I said was the correct interpretation and portrayed yourself as correct.

In case you don't see where I'm going with this, that's literally the definition of a Strawman Argument. Accusing someone else of using a Strawman Argument without any reasoning to back up why it is a Strawman Argument is a very classic use of Strawman Arguments.

Nice try, though.
>>
>>17304859
Will you jack wagons stop arguing, this is literally the LAST place I would have expected someone to argue. It's a paranormal board, come on guys. I know I put out some shit that didn't make sense unless you knew what I was talking, but for the context it didn't quite matter. Point is, help a nigga out!
>>17304834 I agree, rucking it in would be the best Idea, plus I hate truck camping, it's just not the same and it allows for other people to be around. This could end up with someone playing a prank (unlikely but VERY small chance), or if something did happen and I found a critter and shot at it, I could miss and maybe hit someone. Plus I got an AK for backpacking so I want to use it.
>>
>>17305822

First tip of wanting to see some shit:

don't arm up
don't look prepared
look like a total noob
behave like a total noob
go into places you really shouldn't go as a "noob"

If you go fully prepared and armed to fuck, you'll never see shit.
>>
Where in CO my friend?
>>
Its snowing like crazy right now, have fun.
>>
Fucking a right it's snowing. Thank God for a badass truck.
>>
>>17306010
I live up around the Arvada area so I got a fairly close shot to the mountains. I have a truck too that I just unburied from ten feet of white pain in the dick. You up here too?

>>17305953
Honestly I'll never not go out in the woods without a gun if I run into a bear or some shit. Had that happen before. I don't really understand how the animal or whatever you want to call it exactly would really know that this dude's not here to fuck around?
>>
>>17306154
Colorado springs here bro. Yeah I've been snowed in at work. This snow sucks
>>
>>17306342
Get ya snow shoes out! I know we're total strangers but would you be interested any time in the future of going cryptid hunting? Elk hunting is starting to get a bit boring.
>>
>>17306154

A crypid that's smart enough to avoid detection isn't going to attack someone that's overtly carrying a weapon; any long arm would be a no no, for example, the same for a holstered piece.

A concealed large caliber snubnose revolver might be fine if it doesn't print. But then, Big Foot might be able to see through clothing (thermal vision).

A bear or cougar won't attack you.
>>
>>17306419 >A bear or cougar won't attack you.

m8 have you ever been in the woods? Do you know how many people get killed by such animals every year? I had two bears sneak up on me to within ten yards when I was elk hunting last season.

I also really don't think that the thing would be smart enough to recognize that it's a weapon unless they've seen it before and had heard ti go off.

Thermal vision doesn't allow for anything to see through clothes unless the object is a different temperature, have you ever used a FLIR camera?
>>
>>17306479

Rarely do bears and cougars attack. Enough to be statistically irrelevant.

Thermal vision will show up a lighter area if there's a concealed firearm under clothes.

Yes, Big Foot or similar will know what that large stick you're carrying is; no doubt if they exist (or anything similar), they've witnessed humans hunt countless times with such.

No, if you're seen as too strong a target, you'll never see anything.

I live in the woods. Yell at a bear and it'll run.
>>
File: man_bear_pig.jpg (36KB, 300x504px) Image search: [Google]
man_bear_pig.jpg
36KB, 300x504px
>>17306479
>Do you know how many people get killed by such animals every year?

Do you? This link says it's about one a year in the USA for each of those animals.

https://historylist.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/human-deaths-in-the-us-caused-by-animals/

( article says of predatory animals that people are most freaked out about sharks, bears, and mountain lions -- but that alligators kill the most, about 18 a year. My guess is because people tend to fuck around with alligators. )
>>
File: 22.jpg (27KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
27KB, 420x294px
>>17306373
Hell yeah, [email protected] is my throwaway email. In the event you are some kind of raging lunatic. Elk is tasty as fuck btw. Good call
>>
How to find cryptids:
>being mentally weak teen desperate to believe their fantasies
>go innawoods at night (the small lot of trees near your parent's house is fine too)
>see an animal or a tree or a shadow or your own delusions manifest
>scream and take a blurry picture with your smartphone
>ignore ever inclination of reality or reason
>post it on /x/ also i am a space being fortune teller succubus summoned by aliens ama
>>
>>17306419
I'm pretty sure the only vertebrates with thermal vision are pit vipers, and vampire bats. I'm pretty sure bigfoot can't see through clothing, especially if what he's looking for is largely made of conductive metal.
>>
>>17306606
>I'm pretty sure bigfoot can't see through clothing
>this creature's existence is dubious but I can say for sure 100% what it can't do
>>
>>17306542
I fucked up and took a picture with my normal phone.
Does that work anyway?
>>
>>17304539
You mean a PSL? A rifle that doesn't even look or function like an SVD?
>>
Unrelated to Colorado but it's related to cryptids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lMDrCNrNM8

Giant snake found today in Brazil. It was hidden in an underground cave.

After seeing this i believe in cryptids 100%
>>
>>17304513
>most important camera and tripod
>most important
>not a 454 casull
>>
File: nevada_prominence_map.gif (289KB, 1058x1404px) Image search: [Google]
nevada_prominence_map.gif
289KB, 1058x1404px
>>17304496
This is so strange..
I am a /k/ommando and an /x/phile, and maybe 12 or so months ago I read that same story in a similar thread and guess what? It also motivated me to do the same as you. I am a Nevada native, Reno born but living in Las Vegas for school. I have spent time in the wastes of Nevada and have a bunch of camping stuff also (fucking everyone here does). Anyway, for the past 12 months I have been preparing for the adventure, collecting exactly what I need, saving ammo, etc. I have a few spots cased too, not in CO but had to reply when I saw that OP was speaking my words lol
I wanted to go spring break last year, but postponed due to a half friend getting really excited to "go camping", and I didn't have enough equipment. At the time. My plan was to make my pack, bring my LB gear, batteries, and stay out for 2-5 days walking as far as I can and looping back to my car/start point, setting up a small site to sleep each night. Would like to have it really small, no fire and all that. Didn't want to get out there with a few non-committed bros who brought the 24 of Natty Ice stoked for camping while me and my real friend want to hike to hell and back.
>>
File: nevada-map.gif (162KB, 800x1091px) Image search: [Google]
nevada-map.gif
162KB, 800x1091px
>>17307915
I intend to explore, and just observe nature.. And if the Criptids come out to fuck thats ok too.
>>
>>17307915
OP here, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I've got pretty much all the gear, I just need the places is all. I wouldn't mind actually going out with a few other bros but instead we split up a few miles apart and communicate with radios. Get a bigger scoop on the area whithout hopefully scaring anything off.
>>
>>17306532
I'll email you in a few minutes from my dump email too lol, it's "[email protected]"

>>17307915
Seeing as though you and I are on the same page, would you maybe want to keep in contact for these purposes? It'd be pretty cool to have some adventure buddies even if they're in different areas. My email is above.
>>
File: m76.jpg (81KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
m76.jpg
81KB, 640x478px
>>17307620
Nope. Not a PSL, the guy had a Yugo M76. Similar but not exactly the same, different caliber.
>>
>>17307996
This is correct, now that I am hearing it again
>>
>>17308003
I didn't even know that such a weapon existed until that /k/ thread. Which is weird becuase I have a Yugo M70.
>>
>>17307965
Absolutely, Ill email you in a few

>>17308008
Yeah, same here. I know the general line, but so many manufacturers make so many models and variations... crazy to learn them all.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.