[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think about reincarnation? Is there any evidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: info-reincarnation.png (170KB, 480x1170px) Image search: [Google]
info-reincarnation.png
170KB, 480x1170px
What does /x/ think about reincarnation? Is there any evidence to suggest the soul is reincarnated into another body after death? If the soul is reincarnated but fails to remember past lives, isn't that functionally identical to death?
>>
File: 1452916746243.gif (205KB, 466x625px) Image search: [Google]
1452916746243.gif
205KB, 466x625px
>>17303828
>What does /x/ think about reincarnation?

It's not so fun the 3th time. I think this is the 7th..
>>
>>17303828
Anyone who wants proof of reincarnation simply needs to look on the archives at how many times this thread is born again.
>>
>>17303828
>isn't that functionally identical to death?
Yes. Killer insight. Do go on. 5/5 listening intently.
>>
>>17303828
I believe in some form of unknowing reincarnation due to the fact that I don't see how the human brain would experience nothingness. Plus there's too many stories of people feeling familiarity in unfamiliar situations. You have savant musicians, authors and directors who capture realities that seem both unreal, and stunningly familiar...I like to believe these people are tapping into their previous lives, or that we are all part of the same collective intelligence that gets spread amongst our human host lives. Occasionally we might pass near to another "active" host and their experiences cross over.
>>
>If the soul is reincarnated but fails to remember past lives, isn't that functionally identical to death?

It is. It makes you wonder about what death is to begin with. What is it that dies anyway? What is this "me"? Is it just a collection of experiences? Memory? A body? And what would it be that is reborn? How is that specific to any one person if what makes a person unique is gone along with their death?
>>
>>17305190
What if "Death" is a disease of the soul, and is essentially the denial of past experiences? And those who learn how to recall past "lives" are the "Reborn"? It would mean that the state of death is temporary, and can be overcome.
>>
>>17305269
>the state of death is temporary, and can be overcome
>>
>>17303828
We don't have memories of past lives because our brains die. The soul, i believe is a form of energy that inhabits a new body and the new body will create new memories, but the soul will continue to guide you...to where or why or what purpose i do not know.
>>
I feel incredibly strongly about past lives even though i know less than the basics. Why is it that i know of names and music and places and events that have happened already without ever learned them?
I often get this undescribable feeling when listening to some music(all way before i was born), or reading about things. I need more information about past lives and how to look into mine.
>>
>>17305411
i dont know if anyone is reading this thread, any guidance appreciated.

Also to add that i often get the feeling of mourning/greiving over/for someone. Over whom i dont know, but its definitely very strong emotions
>>
Hey OP. Good point about it being 'functionally identical' to death. One of the frequent criticisms from the sceptics of belief in reincarnation is that it is just wishing for life after death; they conveniently ignore the fact that we do 'die' to our previous self at some point before we are re-born.

There's stuff out there from the Tibetans which is worth reading, but as always be careful of sources.

I experienced some past life regression during hypnotherapy. Not every hypnotherapist will do it, but if you find one who will it should be relatively easy for you if you are already interested, and open to the experience.

From there, I was able to access certain things in meditation. It seems like my mind only shows me stuff on a need-to-know basis, though. I don't think I could just experience everything, but you seem drawn to this and it could be important for you, so you may get more than I did. I also once saw a psychic who gave a couple of hints which I was able to explore further, which was useful. Lots of fuel there for the sceptics, it's good to keep your bs detectors on yourself and make sure you're not just making it up if you try exploring this stuff for yourself.
>>
>>17303828
Well, it contradicts the bible which states that it is appointed once for a man to die, and then the judgment.

I note that the people who believe in reincarnation are some of the poorest on earth, and conclude that it can be explained by wishful thinking.
>>
Read the fucking manual:
http://projectavalon.net/The_Holographic_Universe_Michael_Talbot.pdf
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.