[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anybody else here sometimes really scared of music? I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: piano.gif (22KB, 362x200px) Image search: [Google]
piano.gif
22KB, 362x200px
Is anybody else here sometimes really scared of music? I can be horrified by a song alone if it unnerves me enough. Pianos are the worst for this. I've had nightmares based solely on piano music where I've woken up in sweats and had to turn the light on I was so disturbed. At one point I was terrified of the music in 2 girls 1 cup. I stayed up until my eyes wouldn't let me anymore after hearing it. As soon as I fell asleep I had a nightmare where it was playing.

Anybody able to relate at all? If so feel free to post any music that scares the fuck out of you
>>
>>17303401
Nigga you what
>>
>>17303421
I blame that infinity staircase from super mario 64 for all this
>>
Misophonia, literally "hatred of sound",[1] is a rarely diagnosed disorder, commonly thought to be of neurological origin, in which negative emotions (anger, fright, hatred, disgust) are triggered by specific sounds.
>>
soulless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Ad2UzhE0o
empty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Wbzi7tavg
>>
>>17303401
ITT: PTSD - Noise Triggers.
>>
>>17303433
Miscophonia seems to run in my family actually. I have a bit of it, though my fear of certain music feels fairly separate from it
>>
>Miscophonia seems to run in my family actually.
>My fear of certain music feels fairly separate from it
>Anosognosia
>>
>>17303401
maybe you have some kind of repressed traumatic memory involving piano music playing in the background
>>
>>17303506
My misophonic tenancies feel uncomfortable to the point of triggering a major fight or flight response, along with unwanted sexual stimulation. The piano triggers more psychologically stomach turning and emotionally unsettling feelings. Not saying it's totally not the case, but they feel separate to me
>>
>>17303539
I'm not going to assume it is the case at risk of creating a false memory, but it certainly feels like there's a very deep dark secret behind that piano. That's pretty much exactly how I'd describe its scare factor
>>
just stop listening to that spooky nigger music, anon...
>>
This song used to really terrify me as a kid and I STILL feel a deep sense of dread if ever I happen to hear it nowadays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSFDCmmsqEI I don't have any rational explanation for it. I know it's particularly the heavy strings part and the confiiiiiide iiiinnn meeee vocals, but I don't know why. I get this horrible feeling of becoming elderly and close to death and just...dread.
>>
>>17303581
sexual stimulation from misophonia? ive never heard of that before. what sounds trigger it?
>>
>>17303401
Musician here. Spoopy music related kinda.
>Be me
>Playing guitar in old attic practice space
>Around 2am
>Looking for capo to play sick folk jams
>Hear snare drum vibrating
>Snare vibrations sound super weird
>Hear what sounds like GEEEETTT OUTTTT
>Nope the fuck out

Probably didn't describe it the best, but I lit out of the attic like a rocket.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k8yKTuvRmPE

I love this piano
Im sure a lot of you have heard it before
>>
>>17303706
It's apparently a symptom when misophonia gets really strong. But it's mainly when I hear family member chews food. I'm also a mouth fetishist and a voraraphile, so it feels really uncomfortable and a little violating even if they aren't actually violating me
>>
>>17303768
oh ok that makes sense. thanks for explaining
>>
>>17303401
Nah. I thrive in the axious nature of piano music. In fact, sadness and fear are my go to inspirations for composition. I cannot get enough of it. But certain sounds and certain chords really fucking bother me.
>>
File: 1413325646174.jpg (5KB, 185x192px) Image search: [Google]
1413325646174.jpg
5KB, 185x192px
how canmusic be scary?
>>
>>17303401
Try listening to black metal and read the lyrics at the same time. Sometimes it makes me shudder.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.