[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So really what's so good about meditation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 25

File: images.jpg (9KB, 220x228px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 220x228px
I tried it for a few months and I honestly didn't feel shit
>>
>>17301165
>Trief for a few monts
>doesn't feel shit

You didn't do it. Shut your mouth and more importantly, your mind.
>>
Figure it out.
>>
>>17301167
Why are you typing like a retard?
>>
>>17301173
Because English isn't my mothers tongue.
>>
>>17301186
What's her tongue? ;)
>>
Not believing you have superpowers because you do it.
>>
File: 1403607911190.png (435KB, 480x389px) Image search: [Google]
1403607911190.png
435KB, 480x389px
>>
And what exactly did you do?
>>
I tried to do it for a while and started feeling like I'm being operated on, like parts of me are being opened up
I also got general anxiety after doing it

So itdk
>>
>>17301165
Meditation is like going to the gym for your mind. You get out what you put in. If you do your reps right you will see better gains than someone doing them incorrectly.

The Keys to Meditation

Practice makes perfect
practice practice practice

Same time, every time.
keep a ritualistic schedule, practice at the same times, I recommend 1st thing in the morning and last thing at night. Use the same chair or bed, use the same position.

Meditation is Hard

Be patcient, if you have never tried to run a marathon before, it seems impossible at 1st and then very gradually with training and practice become easier.

Ultimately I quit transcendental meditation practices because it got really spoopy after 1 full year of practice. I had some fantastic results beforehand which helped me with getting to sleep and making me aware of the nature of my mind and my awareness of myself internally. In my last session, I found myself over the Abyss of lovecraftian horrors and concluded that nope.

TLDR Shit works, but if you keep willing to fill your mind with nothingness you might just end up getting more then you bargained for.
>>
>>17301330
Unless you are protected by a symbol for them that loves you, like Shiva or Ma Kali.
>>
>>17301221
Where.... did this image come from?
>>
>>17301330
>it got really spoopy after
explain
>>
File: I_love_raw_food.png (61KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
I_love_raw_food.png
61KB, 256x256px
>>17301330
Try meditation everyday for months on a raw food diet and while consuming your own urine regularly. You will truly trip the fuck out when you begin to levitate, unaware of why or for what purpose.

Also mushrooms aid the meditation process. They may even be a vector/tool to becoming closer to the infinite creative energy... But what would a twenty four year old sage know about such things?
>>
>>17301630
>drinking your own urine
>>
>>17301618
Like spoopy as in you are halfway through your mushroom trip and you drink your urine?

I've not gotten past the first re dose but I assure you nothing I have experienced here on earth has prepared me for what I saw that day.

Diet, goal, karma, love, setting and time are very important I believe. Time travel or access to different forms seem to be acheived if I can equate that into words. Something akin to layers of understanding and wisdom.
>>
http://www.takeourword.com/urine.html

>Now
I'm not saying this is anything like what I said in my above post but judging on the 1.3 second glance I gave this included link... It seems to have a few ''keywords'' I have searched along my path.

I suggest searching keywords such as: blue honey, mushrooms in honey, urine therapy, mushroom Jesus, ect...) and different combinations of those key words. The key words are ''key'' in finding what you are looking for.

Good luck.

>I'll stick around to answer as many questions as I can but I am a tad bit preoccupied.
>>
All this taken into consideration... I'm beginning to believe David Rockerfeller is infact reptilian. A reoccuring theme I run into while online is that of....someone trying to destroy and hide artifacts that historically depict shamanic drug usage and extraterrestrial presence. Certainly from the pictures images in such pages and on these webpages, one may come to determine fairly certainly what scenes are being depicted despite the ''experts'' descriptions... Furthermore I have become to realize the deeper the rabbit hole goes the surer you will become one with god.

mushroom/meditation Trip report:
>Old friend and I reunite
>She has been tripping since earlier
>She gives me what she called a death cap
>I was like ya ya cool, let's fuck...
>She wasn't having it and ended up leaving before my trip begins
>I go sit down in my living room and try to meditate
>Thirty minutes into my semi meditative state I get those slow-mo perceptions where you see but it's delayed yet you know what's going on, still suprised, yet you knew you just ate some drugs and you will be tripping soon...
>Next thing I remember is trying to keep my eyes closed while my mother was one room away looking for me, she found me and asked me a question. I shrugged it off and said,''I'm meditating".
>She laughed and left
>Likely forty five minutes in now
>Feeling like I have to go to the bathroom, I try and nothing
>Back to meditation
>Now something happens here that I'm not sure exactly what or how I cam to this because at the time I was very hardcore and into some ridiculous shit like working out profusely and getting drunk everyday but I saw something....
>I saw a few things
>The most profound was an orb
>Not just any orb, I could feel it's power...

Now I have tried nearly everything you could imagine and what I haven't tried is: Heroin(proper), GHB, PCP, opium, and most research chemicals because synthetic drugs are just not the way to go... (trust me)...

TBC
>>
>>17301710

>This compound and purely energetic, loving, vibratory, embrace was like what I can only describe as putting off all the energy in the universe all at once.
>I felt like this was it, I just found god, holy shit I need to tell everyone
>at once I realized the more I thought and the less i relaxed my ability to embrace this divine energy escaped me...
>later I saw a lava stone planet floating in space
>water was pouring from the groin and life sprung in great vibrancy from the feet of the statue aswell
>Realizing the statue was me and that I had to pee I stopped my meditation and checked myself(not an uncommon feeling).
>Nothing
>Simply put I was higher and closer to god than I had ever been physically in this incarnation.
>various other visions happened once I settled back in
>Some vision of aliens policing the streets dressed as police
>space craft abducting anyone with a noticeable pulse signature detectable by the space craft.

Over all that trip was ok but the time I recycled my urine was a whole other dimension of fuckery and fear that I would need three more posts to describe...

Let me just say, "layers of reality" fucking depth perception and recognition of deities you would see on the walls of caves and pyramids. Very very vivid and visible. I could taste the dank air on that one. Like slipping behind a curtain of life/reality.
I had never felt like what I felt on that trip ever again
>>
File: 1399998611187.jpg (244KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1399998611187.jpg
244KB, 1200x1600px
>>17301618
Since you could not get my implications

Be me, been doing daily and nightly breath meditation. Once I get my mind cleared and am in the moment I begin going through my visualization practice while maintaining my 4-4-4 breath rythym in time with my visualization. I picture the location and color of each chakra starting from the crown down to the root breathing in on each one filling them with power and energy creating toroidal energy fields that feed into each other and cycle out from the bottom and enter back into the top, breathing out seeing this energy flow into the next chakra.

Once this visualisaton work is complete I focus down on my 4-4-4 and try to become totally zazen or no mind. It take some incredible focus and practice but eventually this state of no-mind started to go on for longer periods.

At this time I was experiencing wonderful gains in my ability to control myself and being more deliberate and present in the moment. I was also learning to detach from my desires. I was a practicing Buddhist and I wanted to get over a lot of hard things from my past and Buddhist transcendental meditation seemed a working technology to release attachments. Boy did I get more then I bargained for.

This meditation practice culminated one day with a new experience. I had had enlightenment like moment filled with joy and connection many times, each practice ended with feelings of well being and a very relaxed composed state.

No so on my finial session. I completed all the rituals as I described as usual with the expect results of sinking down in to my no-mind state. Everything seemed normal for a while. It was the usual until gradually I began to realize something was not right. I tried to observe this sense and then release it like any other detracting thought but it only persisted. The sense of unease deepened into a sense of being watched. The sudden dread of this shook me and in my minds eye I looked to see into the darkness of my inner sight cont
>>
>>17301776
go on b0ss!
>>
>>17301776
The overriding terror was intense and totally encompassing. From my inner eye I looked down into the dark reaches of the endless abyss which I found myself and I shit you not, the fucking abyss looked back at me and it wanted me and it wanted to unmake me and it wanted so badly to snuff me and consume me and suddenly I was being pulled down into this black hole of nothingness! It was drawing me down into oblivion. I felt like I was dying. I felt like my heart was going to stop. I could not remember if I was breathing anymore.

With a great shout and a force of will akin to waking up in a nightmare and turning it into a lucid dream I broke off my trance and jump to my feet. I was covered in sweat and what had felt like a lifetime journey was all done in less than 30 mins.

And that was when I realized that Buddhism was missing something very important. There are fucking elder-god type beings! Breathing and picturing pretty pictures does not prepare you for that.
>>
>>17301165
>expect to feel shits on meditation
>don't even understand the concept in the first place
>"for a few months"
>go shitpost on /x/ about your spiritual discovery
Try killing yourself that should make you feel shits
>>
>>17301165
If you've done it for a month , you should know how addictive meditation is.
>>
>>17301808
Inb4 RP. I fucking quit my practice right there and then went on to continue looking for answers. I will never forget what that shit felt like. A sentient abyss that loves what it does, consume and unmake.
>>
Does anyone have the same occurrence as me?
i can meditate for hours outside, however i dont last long at home.
>>
File: 1453306770168.jpg (52KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1453306770168.jpg
52KB, 555x555px
>>17301808
I might start meditating more often if it means I can be "unmade", even if at the behest of a spoopy monster.

I'm a novice in every sense of the word and my meditation usually includes just letting go. I do breathing exercises for the first couple of minutes then I just stop paying attention, a few things flutter into my head but I let them pass, just relax completely and let go of everything. It usually doesn't feel super amazing to actually do, but when I actually snap out of it I feel really powerful and really sensitive. I don't really follow any guides or have any teachers, how do I advance it to the state and discipline you had it at?
>>
File: 38.jpg (105KB, 661x1000px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
105KB, 661x1000px
genuine unwesternized eastern folks must laugh hard at all these bourgeois faggots in the west doing "meditashun" and "yugah" in the most secular manner

>the gym of the mind
>>
>>17301824
That is pretty unfortunate. Up until now it was just laziness that kept me from getting started but now there's a potential downside that is actually rationally relevant.
Apart from that I want to share my sympathy since I can only imagine from somewhat "similar" substance related experiences how terryfiying this must have been. It also must be so sad to lose something so great in an instant as it turns against you.
>>
>>17301849
1stly let me say that I do not advise going farther. Why would you want to be unmade, it didn't seem fun or peaceful. At least the process really sucked ass at that stage.

You are good right there. Keep just doing that if you enjoy the empowered centered aftereffects. If you just keep this up you might after 11 more months be seeing what I saw. There is really nothing to it but what you already said, practice and discipline. I just don't really recommend it. Since I was totally unprepared for the confrontation I think you would be better off with looking for more truths elsewhere.

Fucking with elder-gods is for some other anon.
Like just assume for a moment I am being honest and my experience was real, you don't want anything to do with that kinda thing. This story or maybe a book or movie about it is as close to this shit as you want to ever get. Not saying it is not interesting as fuck just saying its better to spectate then experience.
>>
>>17301855
well teach us what you know, wise yogi!
>>
>>17301874
No, you sound like a fucking looser.
I can't tell you have sucked a lot of chakra.
Btw you said nothing about mindfulness, diet, art, history, how it feels, levitation.... Man you need to get good becasue even though I didn't mention some of these I know what I have been through and what you are doing is trying to scare someone away from enlightenment.

OH NO! Anon don't meditate there are elder chodes out there. Gosh golly watch out for those flying chakras. Der super duper soppoy.

Fucking idiot.

You want to fuck with meditation?
READ MORE.
>>
>>17301858
Your sympathy is duly noted and appreciated then mirrored at your own experiences which you alluded to.

As to the loss of my delusions regarding meditation? It was truly enlightening! I found out that evil exists and that gods are probably real and thus God was possibly real. These experiences opened up a bunch of thing as possible which otherwise I had no evidence to conclude as possible.

Indeed my path changed course but my mission remains the same and the data I collected was valuable and required for future discovery.
Like most truths, no one will like it if you tell it to them in a bald direct way. =/ Just ask Socrates how show people the truth works out for the truth-tellers.
>>
>>17301893
And stop listening to fucking tripfags. I hate the word fag because of the derogatory connotation but HOLY SHIT that chakra shit is a load of crap.

>spoopy
GTFO ya fuckin moron
>>
>>17301874
What you saw was probably just a demon. Have you looked into other occult practices, specifically those regarding stuff like protection, banishing, binding, empowering, controlling energy etc? If not, you probably just succumbed to something big after spiritually putting yourself out there like a half naked white woman in Detroit.

Also possible that it was just a subconscious fear or dream, you meditated so hard your subconscious took over and showed you something spoopy to get you to react.
>>
>>17301874
Let's just pretend and say I've seen these beings you're talking about in real life and in my dreams. What were they like in your point of view. Should i trust the advice they give me?
>>
>>17301186
Lol
>>
>>17301904
Do not trust them. IMO danger Will Robinson danger!
>>
File: danger.gif (490KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
danger.gif
490KB, 500x244px
>>17301893
>>17301899
>>
>>17301635
>Being this new

The water of life

The "water of life, Dutsi" of Schlagintweit's translation is obviously the Tibetan bDud.rTsi phonetically rendered. This is the standard term used in Tibetan to translate the Sanskrit amrita. Thus,

bDud.rTsi (piyusha, amrita, sudha) 1. the food of the gods, nectar, the potion that confers immortality... [Das]

Also, the equivalence of amrita and soma is well understood:

AMRITA... The water of life. The term was known to the Vedas, and seems to have been applied to various things offered in sacrifice, but more especially to the Soma juice. [Dowson, p. 12]

An objection may be made that amrita (or, more precisely, bDud.rTsi) as understood by Tibetan Buddhism is not the same as the amrita of the Hindus, that it means simply medicine and is used purely as a symbol for enlightenment. This was certainly the case during the earliest phase of Buddhism. For instance, the celebrated conversation between the Hellenistic king "Milinda" and the monk Nagasena relates a parable in which the Buddha is alleged to have established shops of various kinds including a flower shop, a perfume shop, a fruit shop, a medicine shop, a herb shop, an “ambrosia” (i.e. amrita) shop, a jewelry shop and a general store. Each of these in turn is then described and interpreted symbolically. Here is the description of "The Ambrosia-shop of the Buddha":
>>
>>17301615
probably from a pull &bear sweatshirt
>>
>>17301914
Fuckin newfags don't wanna read.
>>
>>17301165
Nothing, you just become an easy target for demonic attacks.
>>
File: cXGxEdO.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
cXGxEdO.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>17301929
I'd be more inclined to think you knew what you were talking about if you weren't so easily angered. Clearly your Chakras are unaligned and you have not attained ZEN or ENLIGHTENMENT.

Do not hold onto that anger. Shed it like a cocoon and rise from it like a glorious butterfly so you can better gaze upon my wisdom.
>>
>>17301930
This to an extent. I will attest to intentions and karma playing a vital role in your balance while surfing through the vibratory resonance.

Don't make it about obtaining something more than someone else.

See those fuckin things on his head?
Look up a picture of an aminita mushroom.
Google the fuckin history of the aminita mushroom. Look at all my fucking posts here. READ MORE BECAUSE IDIOTS THAT DON"T READ ARE SUPER DUPER COMMON.
>>
>>17301937
Suck a rock you fuckin retard. The message is urgent. How often does the sage just drop in on a thread and drop gems like this??

You woulden't know anyway you fuckin morons are so easily misled you probably think you're funny.
>>
File: 3DJtE2Y.webm (279KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
3DJtE2Y.webm
279KB, 400x298px
>>17301955
Take your meds.
>>
www.dhamma.org
>>
That's because it doesn't. All it does is create a pathway for demons to come into you, and you make yourself look like even more of a retard than you already are
>>
>>17301962
Water and oils don't mix....
Synthetic drugs have no place in organic beings.
You would catch the ass whoopin of a lifetime if you said that to me during any conversation face to face.
>>
I've been meaning to practice meditation myself. I'm looking to try to find out of the mystical experiences the sages,scholars,buddha and saints speak of throughout history are real.
>>
>>17301881
I'm not claiming that I know anything.
It's just ridiculous how some people do it "to feel better" or w/e, doesn't that miss completely the point? that's like observing lent because it would make you hypothetically lose weight... it borders on parody.
but there's no point arguing with new age freaks.
>>
>>17301980
Read the link I posted..
>>
>>17301983
When life gets heavy you seek enlightenment.
Meditation lightens the load metaphorically and literally considering we refer to things as being, "on our mind".
>>
File: 1452602512195.gif (100KB, 374x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452602512195.gif
100KB, 374x400px
>>17301972
You made me smile, I'll give you this one.
>>
Ya'll should just get up on some reading because I'm sittin in this thread for a good reason.
>>
>>17301985
You're anonymous dude what link
>>
>>17301824
Just sounds like Kali to me. I don't see why you're afraid of her, she's the first and final step of everythihng.
>>
>>17301999
Reading what specifically? I have been meaning to continue reading mistborn(really good by the way) but I was saving it for later. I doubt you would know about that unless...
Oh my god, are you actually a psychic? Will aligning my Chakras make me a psychic ascended one like you? Maybe you are a sign from the universe? Are you a sign from the universe? Please say yes.
>>
>>17302002
>http://www.takeourword.com/urine.html
>>17301630
>>17301659
>>17301710
>>17301740
>>17301893
>>17301915
>>17301929
>>17301949
>>17301955
>>17301972
>>17301989
>>17301999

These are all me.
>>
File: jYkvosA.png (43KB, 376x156px) Image search: [Google]
jYkvosA.png
43KB, 376x156px
>>17302014
I'm not drinking piss fuck off
>>
>>17302011
Nope but when you have fore-knowledge and you see someones train of thought during them speaking then it's a whole lot easier to fill in the blanks and say precisely what others are about to utter. Considering you have a great understanding of the topic at hand.

Avoiding fluoride and drinking your own urine helps. If you don't believe me google it. I just posted the'' take our word'' link. Start there and keep going "oh lazy bitch of the chan".
>>
>>17302014
It's time for you to stop posting.
>>
>>17302021
Ah well keep thinking you know what clear, healthy, urine tastes like because it tastes like nothing!

Drinking urine cures cancer too. Google, "urine therapy, cures cancer".

I've been here for a looooooong time..............
>>
>>17302030
When the fuck did 4chan get flooded with idiots who post meaningless pictures on /x/ of all boards?

GETOUTORGETGOODFUCKINGNEWFAGS
>>
Jesus. I feel like I'm lowering myself to these trolls levels to get their attention so I can teach something here.

Ahhhhhh readreadreadreadreadreadreadreadreadread
>>
File: 1440252377132.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440252377132.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>17302040
Are you saying you want more meaningless shit?

>>17302044
You clearly seem like a perfect example of health and we're all delighted to take your wonderful advice and follow in your piss soaked footsteps.
>>
>>17301165
Your problem is called "Lust of results"...
Until you fix that, you'll still think it's bs.
>>
>>17301983
well, whats the point, you maybe need to get through the stage where you thinks its benicficial in some new age way before you get to point where you meditate to just meditate just digging the now, but any tips, any at all even just nuggets of info or experice you have, id love to hear it
>>
File: da72559e_santa194kb.jpg (111KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
da72559e_santa194kb.jpg
111KB, 533x400px
>>17302044
>>17302040
>>17302037
>>17302029

I'm still here holding it down. Not a single question has been asked by the class yet. That's not a good sign for ya'll.

Seems like a bunch of pussies who can't fuckin read properly and discern for themselves what history has been hidden from them.

mushroom jesus
Mushroom fucking jesus
>>
>>17302056
I feel like there's always the same one or two user here that wants to derail every thread, it's always the same jokes and stupid images and the worst thing is their iq level is really low.
>>
File: eating-an-ank.jpg (36KB, 440x378px) Image search: [Google]
eating-an-ank.jpg
36KB, 440x378px
>>17302056
Keep it up pussy. I'm on point and you haven't contributed shit.
>>
>>17302068
Na check my posts and you can see that I'm right. I even posted a link that most here wouldn't if I hadn't been all up in here dropping gems on ya'll.
>>
>>17301808
This RP is fucking gay as shit. Go back to reading HP Lovecraft clearly you cannot decipher the difference between Buddhism meditation and your "unmade" bullshit GTFO of this thread newfag.

Take your Old God shit back to Lovecraft and World of Warcraft C'Thun is here dickwad
>>
File: aiiii.png (257KB, 447x442px) Image search: [Google]
aiiii.png
257KB, 447x442px
>>17301776
>>17301808
>>17301824
>>17301874
>>17301894
>>17301912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

fuck off with your role play shit fuck me kid, go write a blog you little shit, this is /x/ NOT CREATIVE MADE UP STORIES ABOUT NONESENCE YOU JUST MADE UP dickwad

pic related, its the ghost of my grandfather i projected him onto my computer a few months ago to take a screen shot, he said it was cool
>>
File: 1426545677651.gif (744KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
1426545677651.gif
744KB, 245x300px
>>17302077
Dubs Checked, Get rekt
>>
>>17302044
Maybe you should drink urine.
>>
File: b94e76999e1fb771dcb4b510be8e1989.jpg (112KB, 736x1092px) Image search: [Google]
b94e76999e1fb771dcb4b510be8e1989.jpg
112KB, 736x1092px
>>17301808
>>17302003
Yup, that's Ma. A similar experience turned me into a devotee.
>>
>>17302090
I have and I do. Urine consumption stregnthens the immune system to the point AIDS patients are practicing urine therapy for years and are testing just fine. They were not on any sort of medication during the urine therapy either. So go read more.

It's an epic bar trick but I don't go to bars. Got paid $200 bucks to do it on film once in a different country because dude didn't believe I wold do it.
>>
File: 1317972910564.jpg (94KB, 340x282px) Image search: [Google]
1317972910564.jpg
94KB, 340x282px
>>17302092
What deck is that?
I want it bad, queen of swords is my card and Kali is my ishta-devi.

>>17302090
Drink it before sunrise, allow no bright light to meet your eyes. Fast at least a day, fat periodically for a month is you eat meat regularly. If you consume food with turmeric it helps it along. This isn't bullshit it's the genuine 4chan way to enlightenment.
>>
Studies show that routine meditation increase grey matter in the brain which in turn increases your ability to process information. And all the other Benfits that increased grey matter brings.
>>
>>17301165
>meditating for an objective
#1 biggest mistake right there
>>
>>17302111
Wonderful post anon. Thank you for this. A true inspiration.
>>
>>17301659
It seems you suggesting that Jesus went from town to town tripping balls on so many mushrooms that his urine was psychoactive and that he would then apply his blue honey to cripples and heal them thus "anointing" them.

Later this became the legend of the first Wizzard.
>>
>>17302176
Something like that ya. There are a whole grip of interpretations.

>urine
"believe in me and rivers of living waters will flow from your bellies."
>>
File: mif9fo.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mif9fo.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
i guess reindeer are not the only source of psychedelic golden juice
>>
>>17302106
It's from the Barbara Walker Tarot.

I used to do Amaroli back when my diet was suitable for it. Doing it early in the morning (5-6am) seemed to get the strongest effect going into meditation, maybe because of all the recycled melatonin. My diet isn't what it used to be and Amaroli seems to hurt more than it helps if I do it now, but I'd easily pick up the practice again if I could accommodate it. Aside from meditation I found it gave a potent energy boost throughout the day.
>>
Maybe Jesus was a mushroom.

>meditation
>>
>>17301165
>honestly didn't feel shit
That's meditation alright.
>>
>>17301630
lol how much wee wee should i chug to turn into the fuggin dolly lama anyway :D i bet if u suck down a bunch of fresh turds and go around saying NOM NOM NOM GIBE ME LOTS OF PEE PEES AND POOPS NOM NOM NOM u become the next fugging boodah lmao :D
>>
I've been meditating for about 6 nights a week for the past year and have worked up to around 20-25 minute sessions each night. I used to focus a lot on third eye stuff and a bit of the other chakras as well as candle gazing but I mostly now just say a mantra and just try to quiet my mind and observe what thoughts arise. I've had one or two experiences where I felt a lot of joy or vibrations and when I focused heavily on the third eye began to fee pressure in between my eyes( could have been placebo as well), but as far as trippy mystical experiences go I haven't really had any. What kind of meditations would anons suggest for trying to reach a higher state of conscienceness?
>>
Man, you all need to shut the fuck up and go meditate.

Really now.
>>
>>17303713
I have meditated a many deep long moon. The conclusion I came to was thus:

>4chan needs more shitposting

Meditate with me, brothers.

Ohhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>17303641
What you are doing is just fine my dude. By the end of the next year, you will have alot figured out. Just try to relax into those vibes more, and focus on raising or lowering them. The lowering part is important because it's not very healthy to keep your vibe high when you aren't used to it. Can really wear yourself out that way, and life will become difficult. Don't want to do that, trust me.

Just dip into whatever you feel like, because usually thats the right thing for you to do.

Maybe try out a few different types than you've already tried. Being a jack of all trades can help in many ways, allows for many doors to be seen/sheds new light on past experiences.

Ever try binaural beats? or trying to visualize yourself in some other place?
>>
File: 1439877688200s.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1439877688200s.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>17303726
>no anon, you are the shitposter.

Okay.
>>
>>17301165
inner peace, being the master of your mind instead of the other way around
>>
>>17304013
So... Being normal and healthy and free of absurd emotional baggage.
>>
its not beneficial to most people beyond the first few times to understand what its like
>>
>>17304967
Brilliant deduction. How many did you have to kill to test that hypothesis?
>>
>>17301836

you are being haunted/prevented from doing so

go outside more
>>
>>17305105
That's not even remotely correct. Fuck off New age dipshits.
>>
>I tried it for a few months and I honestly didn't feel shit

Good.

If you don't know what you're doing it for, then how do you know you're doing it right?

There are a lot of different ways to meditate, contrary to what is popular meditation these days. The people spouting about meditation nowadays are mostly from the new age, buddhist mix. So their form of meditation is vipassana or mindfulness. When people tell you that meditation is about controlling or watching your thoughts, they are talking about mindfulness meditation, which, to be honest, is good for bringing calmness and stability of mind, but doesn't bode well for breaking through the illusion of ego (if that's your thing). It can help you bring clarity to aspects of your psyche, but it won't go much deeper than that. The reason is because this type of meditation is based on the false notion that there is actually something called the "mind".

There are many other forms of meditation that have nothing to do with the mind or thoughts.

Then, there are states of consciousness which often get confused as a practice of meditation. These states of consciousness may include silence of thoughts, but it isn't in any way really related to the practice of observing the passing of one's thoughts like in mindfulness meditation. There are certain meditations focused on propelling someone to these states of consciousness, but again, it isn't the same as mindfulness meditation at all, and just one of the many types of meditations.

In this thread alone, you'll see various points of view as to what meditation is to them. Don't listen to any of them. Don't even listen to me. Figure out what the different types of meditation practices are. Do your research. Read the proper manual about the different types of meditation practices. Find their purpose or intended goal. Then start your practice after choosing what your goal with meditation is.
>>
>>17301915
Kek Amrita is not urine.
>>
>>17301630
Please don't listen to him about drinking urine. Bryll Grills here is shit posting.
>>
>>17302176
He was beat by like all the other sages before him.
>>17305423
If amrita is urine, then the asura are mad they don't have any piss to drink and these /x/ sillybillies aren't drinking their urine.

But I honestly thought it was mead. Because nepali honey gets folks high.
>>
>>17304873
Yes, but emotional baggage seems to be normal nowadays
>>
>>17301644
spoopy is just another point of view
>>
>>17301165
you felt nothing, because you didn't let go, you was still in your limited bubble called mind.
>>
>>17301855

Just like how foreigners laughed at them for their piss drinking ways?

There's multiple techniques to achieve the same thing. Especially when it's something as gay and useless as meditation.
>>
if you're meditating for months then you might drop dead
>>
>>17301330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0peVQTdI3Yg
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.