[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stairs In The Woods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: stairs in the woods.png (300KB, 393x295px) Image search: [Google]
stairs in the woods.png
300KB, 393x295px
Have you ever seen a spoopy staircase while hiking in the woods?
What do you know about them?
"On just about every case where we're really far into the wilderness, I'm talking 30 or 40 miles, at some point we'll find a staircase in the middle of the woods. It's almost like if you took the stairs in your house, cut them out, and put them in the forest. I asked about it the first time I saw some, and the other officer just told me not to worry about it, that it was normal. Everyone I asked said the same thing. I wanted to go check them out, but I was told, very emphatically, that I should never go near any of them. I just sort of ignore them now when I run into them because it happens so frequently."
>>
>>17300803
Forgot the source
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h/
>>
>>17300803
Looks like a good place for some LoTR larping
>>
>>17300803
shitty reddit rp?
far out op!
you're a bit of a wanker aren't you?
>>
>>17300803
wood and drywall rots and fades away over a much shorter period of time then a stone set of stairs. it's really not that hard to understand.
>>
>>17300901
You see this shit all over Tennessee. Houses that no longer exist way back in the woods, all that's left is a chimney and some stairs. But, everything has to be turned into a spoopy story. Fact isn't as interesting.
>>
>>17301152
tn here as well, can confirm. found lots of old fireplaces, house foundations and stone steps innawoods here. sometimes they seem to be in inaccessible places so that's kind of spooky when you come across them. but it doesn't take more than a few seasons for things to become overrun by nature. sometimes paths will be completely blocked in a year if i don't use them much.
>>
File: url.jpg (15KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
15KB, 230x219px
>>17300807
>>17300803
>>
It's not even like you need to go to a really old area to see this. Go to the rundown section of a big city.

The areas to the east and the north of St. Louis are full of buildings where all that is left is a stairwell, chimney, or an elevator shaft.

There was one building near my work where the only thing that stayed up when the rest of the brickwork collapsed was the rear exterior wall that had the fire escape providing a bit more structure to it.

For months it was just a flat sheet of bricks standing there with a bunch of wrought iron holding it up.
>>
This is why when the tornados come and you don't have a basement, you get under the stairs.
>>
>>17300803
They probably told you to stay away because they're crumbling and could collapse on top of you.
>>
DUDE
CHEMTRAILS
LMAO
>>
>>17301152
>>17300901
>>17300807
>>17300803
>>17301171
>>17301361
>>17301570
The stairs OP is describing are allegedly stairs that are not part of ruins or falling down houses etc. The author claims to have being in contact with David Politis and I thought I may have heard him mention it on one of his interviews just very briefly. Also, allegedly the stairs are very rarely in the same spot twice.

Poor choice for pic, OP.

I was absolutely intrigued by the story the author wrote. It is compelling and well written it does not read like bullshit RP.

Spooky for sure.
>>
>>17300803
Reddit no sleep isn't real you retard
>>
Ive seen this thread a few months ago
>>
You know somewhere in the world some rich ass millionaire is reading these posts, and building staircases in the woods just to fuck with people.
>>
All over new england. Don't have to go far in the woods to find stone structures... real big sometimes. Some with mortar n some freestanding. Don't know of any deep in the woods. But I did find a really cool cabin once that was way out.
>>
>>17300803
Climb the stairs, walk to the very top and then keep going. You will not fall, but you will be in for a treat.
>>
File: meow.jpg (55KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
meow.jpg
55KB, 500x456px
>>17303970
>that treat is a face full of dirt and pain
>>
You know nosleep stories are fiction right?
>>
>>17300803
In some areas if some portion of a structure is still standing, one does not have to reapply for building permits to rebuild a same sized structure. Usually stairs or a foundation wall is all that is necessary.

For something as old as the picture though, it was probably from a building where the wood rotted away from a long vacant structure. Nothing spooky but still a cool thing to find.
>>
>>17302123
Or it could collapse when you're walking on it

Either way, the reason to stay away is because they're not structurally sound, not because of some ancient magic bullshit.
>>
>>17302205
The author of those stories said they were fake on his personal blog and it was posted to a sub that specializes in ARG type paranormal stories.

At least do the basic google research.
>>
Ban test
>>
File: ringing rocks6.jpg (69KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ringing rocks6.jpg
69KB, 480x360px
>>17300803
SE Pennsylvania

Place called Ringing Rocks, it's been on a few different sites and Youtube, I'll link a video there is plenty. There is a skating ring and a boulder field that when you strike the rocks they ring out. Hence the name, Ringing Rocks, I went to Ringing Rocks Elementary School nearby when I was growing up. My Dad would take us to the rocks with hammers and sure enough they ring and chime when you hit them.

Anyway down the hill from the boulder field there is a small pond, couple idiots killed some guy over drugs and dumped his body in the pond. People still call it Dead Man's Pond but if you walk the trail there is a stone staircase that looks just like OP's picture. It's about 50 yards into the woods, not 30 or 40 miles and after we would go fishing in the pond we would sit on them. Never felt anything weird, except the fact some guy was fished outta the pond few years before but nothing spooky, just cool to hang out at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_a2Yogta7M
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.