[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Solving This Mystery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Conry Mystery Pin.jpg (2MB, 2958x3567px) Image search: [Google]
Conry Mystery Pin.jpg
2MB, 2958x3567px
Does anyone know anything about this pin? After years of research I have come up empty handed. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>17299624
That is the oven mitt of the master cook
>>
any more information? Whats the material? metal? ceramic? Is there a picture of the clasp on the back? Are there any makers stamps with a company name, date, or anything else?
>>
>>17299635
>the oven mitt of the master cook
Do you know of anywhere I can verify that? I am searching, but not finding anything to support it being associated with a master cook. Thank you.
>>
File: tfrewdswqsqssw.jpg (18KB, 519x285px) Image search: [Google]
tfrewdswqsqssw.jpg
18KB, 519x285px
>empty handed
>>
>>17299661
Unfortunately, we do not physically have the pin. It's image is taken from a very old photograph. I can tell you that in the original, the pin looks to be of a metal, and gold in color. Sadly, that is all we have to go off of.
>>
Probably it's a five-pointed star version of the Red Hand of Ulster, I saw pins in different forms, 6 pointed stars, shield-like, circle, etc
>>
>>17299704
is there any context for this pin? where's the photo from? Why are you looking for information on it? If it's not a possession you own, what is it's significance?
>>
>>17299730
>$(KGrHqN,!qEE9d2p+Jf!BPet(...).jpg
That is a possibility. Thanks. What bothers me is that the Hand of Ulster is always fingers pointing upward. In this pin, the hand is pointed to the side. In the photograph it is the only adornment, so I am doubtful that it was mistakenly positioned when pinned. Also, to position the pin with the hand pointed upwards would require the needle be pinned vertically on the jacket which would be awkward.
>>
>>17299624
Sheriff Handjob?
>>
>>17299767
>to position the pin with the hand pointed upwards would require the needle be pinned vertically on the jacket which would be awkward.

So you were in possession of this pin at some point?
>>
>>17299794
No, we have a photograph of the individual wearing it.
>>
>>17299803
ok beginning to get information... so this was a photo of a person wearing it. Is this a political figure or a family member or something? Why are you researching the pin? Do you have some sort of background on this person? Societal membership? Religious practices? Law enforcement? Government? Anything at all?
>>
File: Will Conry (crop).jpg (582KB, 1238x1917px) Image search: [Google]
Will Conry (crop).jpg
582KB, 1238x1917px
>>17299815
The individual was a Methodist, political affiliation is unknown. He was born in Kansas in the late 1870's, of Irish decent, deceased roughly 1902. He was a law enforcement officer; a town Marshall in either Utah or Kansas.
>>
>>17299867
sooo, what's the significance of this pin, that you felt compelled to ask /x/ instead of /his/?
>>
>>17299898
The man who wore it is now dead.
>>
>>17299867
>a town Marshall in either Utah or Kansas.

Is there some reason to believe that isn't a marshall's badge?
>>
>>17299898
I also posted in /his/ and was suggested to post here at /x/ instead.
>>
>>17299915
Why would /his/ send you here?

Ok the best Ive got is that the Independent Order of Odd Fellows uses a five pointed star with an open hand in its center, though it differs quite a bit from that one. They were formed before this individuals death and had a presence in the american west at the time. Its not impossible that it was a symbol of membership.

However the fact that he was a law enforcement officer seems a MUCH more likely origin for the five pointed star. Perhaps the open hand was the symbol of some group sponsored by the mashalls/sheriff between law enforcement and the citizenry.

I really dont think this has much occult/supernatural significance.
>>
>>17299687
It was his mitt Mr.Krabs.

He was number 1.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.