[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Station

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: statin.png (2MB, 1251x1900px) Image search: [Google]
statin.png
2MB, 1251x1900px
Hi /x/

I'm the guy who wrote this pasta.

I saw in the archive that someone is planning on going to the station (if you're here, I remember talking to you on Facebook)

Just wanted to let you know, old coworkers there tell me they have demolished the old bowling alley area unfortunately. But I'd still encourage you to go and see the place for yourself.

God speed. I'll be lurking around tonight to answer questions if any come up.
>>
>>17299556
If that guy happens to see this when I'm not here, [email protected]
>>
>>17299556
Would you mind reposting the pics? Also do you still work there and has anyone else experienced weird things?
>>
File: 234235234.png (542KB, 445x592px) Image search: [Google]
234235234.png
542KB, 445x592px
Unposted pic of me in the control room for proof (provided you remember the pics I posted of the control room). Circa 2007.
>>
>>17299756
I'm actually looking for the pics right now. I had them uploaded on my Facebook which I've deactivated. I will post what I can. I'm sorting through shit right now. I'll be trying to keep the thread alive.
>>
File: 23423523423.png (1MB, 1262x752px) Image search: [Google]
23423523423.png
1MB, 1262x752px
From Google Maps
>>
File: direct.png (424KB, 593x435px) Image search: [Google]
direct.png
424KB, 593x435px
Me at the main board.
>>
File: 23423523667.png (839KB, 574x764px) Image search: [Google]
23423523667.png
839KB, 574x764px
taken during a newscast.
>>
File: a34235.png (462KB, 592x437px) Image search: [Google]
a34235.png
462KB, 592x437px
Settings on the board were fucked up.
>>
>>17299770
>>17299770
That is a creepy fucking building
>>
>>17299756
Also, I failed to mention.. No, I don't work there anymore. I haven't worked there since 2010. I don't even live in the same state anymore.

I only know a few people that still work there but I don't really stay in close touch. I haven't heard of anything strange happening.
>>
>>17299808
I give no fucks anymore about people knowing where this is.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/woay+tv/@37.9562908,-81.1492469,3a,75y,272.64h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdyQ2VJlOplc0gEB41Dz2AA!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x61b6ad18329b5d63?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7h9K07tXKAhWCKGMKHVmyDFgQpx8IcDAM
>>
>>17299808
>>17299822
If you head to the right of where the link takes you, you can see the large network receiver dish I mentioned, and also the transmission lines and sheet rock behind the building.
>>
File: 234235235234234.png (978KB, 550x620px) Image search: [Google]
234235235234234.png
978KB, 550x620px
If you look at the building from Earth view, the large part of the building with the black roof is the bowling alley. Well, WAS the bowling alley. As I said, I've heard it's been demolished.
>>
>>17299556
>>17299770
>>17299822
>>17299837
OP, I believe you and am actually a bit spooked at the moment. Can you tell us more about working there, the history of the area? What else is interesting about this place?
>>
>>17299864
I get spooked every time I think about that fucking night.

Not really much to tell about working there. It was fun as fuck. There was a colorful cast of characters and many laughs and good times and I never hated going to work there. It was great.

I think I detailed pretty well in the original story the general atmosphere of the place. It was an old fucking building. Everything was antiquated and wired together horribly.

As for West Virginia, not a lot to tell. It has a rich coal mining history I'm not well versed in. It's a beautiful wonderful place to be in the summer with lots of outdoor activities. I miss home a lot. As for Oak Hill, WV. It's shit. No reason to ever go there.
>>
File: 2209259467413.jpg (35KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
2209259467413.jpg
35KB, 600x445px
More bumps.
>>
File: 1441525194536.jpg (35KB, 305x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441525194536.jpg
35KB, 305x600px
Bumping one final time for tonight and then I'm off till tomorrow afternoon.

Hope dude finds this thread and emails me. I'll be looking.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
File: pretty spoopy.jpg (71KB, 481x720px) Image search: [Google]
pretty spoopy.jpg
71KB, 481x720px
>>17299556
This is one pasta I'd never read before and by god that is an awesome one. I wonder who the fuck was balooping about with you OP, kinda terrifying to think hell may actually be forrealzies.
>>
Morning bump
>>
This is a pretty cool thread simply for the fact that I sometimes read screencapped posts or old threads and wish I could still interact with the OPs and ask them questions. Your story was pretty good, too.
>>
I'll throw a bump in here. I'm a huge fucking skeptic, and usually come here for laughs. But I love shit like this. Even if it turns out to be bullshit, I could almost hear the fear in your writing as I was reading it. I would love to check this shit out for myself.
>>
>>17301250
>>17301259
Thanks guys. I recommend taking a summer vaca to Fayetteville WV. Get some outdoor adventure in your life and drive over to check out the station. There's also an abandoned mining town near there that's haunted. Look up Thurmond, WV
>>
self bump
>>
>>17299556
Good story. Were those the only questions you asked it?
>>
>>17301259
I felt the edge through the fucking screen.
>>
>>17302128
I'm a writer you flaccid dildo. I like prose. Now fuck off to a flat earth thread.
>>
>>17299556
Did..
Did you ask it if you are going to hell?
>>
>>17299556
Oh fuck me this was amazing. I'm generally skeptical about pastas and just read them for the kicks, but this...
When you asked about Hell... I got tears in my eyes reading that. Fucking intense man.
>>
File: woayfloor.png (868KB, 1132x926px) Image search: [Google]
woayfloor.png
868KB, 1132x926px
>>17302197
>>17302079
I didn't ask it specifically if I was going to hell. One of the other questions I remember asking it is if it was touching the walkie talkie to which it said yes. I'm trying to think of anything else but it's been a long time.

>>17302370
Glad you enjoyed. Please spread around. There is one guy I really want to see this thread. I want him to go there and report back.

Adding some more stuff to this image so that you guys can get a clear picture of things. I really hope that one guy shows up. He's going to freak out with all this detail I'm giving up.
>>
File: 2209264147530.jpg (37KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
2209264147530.jpg
37KB, 600x445px
Going to gym for a few hours. If you have more questions, please bump. When I get back later I'll be lurking all evening to answer any questions.
>>
bumpin
>>
Quality thread, and one of the best pastas I've read. My girlfriend and I are both looking to go to WVU for grad school (or to get jobs out that way), so I'll have to check this place out sometime if I end up out there.

OP, can you confirm spoop factor at Thurmond? I live right next to Centralia, PA, and it's a bit unnerving the first time going there at night, but definitely no spoops. I don't wanna go out of my way to see something I can see in my backyard (abandoned coal mining town) if it's not haunted.
>>
File: 1234512.png (704KB, 460x609px) Image search: [Google]
1234512.png
704KB, 460x609px
>>17303538
Cool man, Morgantown is a fun little city. I've had some fun nights there. Enjoy. What jobs are you looking to get?

Thurmond spoop factor is decent. I hadn't had anything strange happen there until last summer when I took my gf on vacation to WV. We went to Thurmond and entered a room in the bottom of pic related. There's a small wooden door that leads to a tunnel that goes waaaaaaay down deep into the ground. It's a slope that's walkable but pitch black. When I tried to turn on my phone's flashlight, it simply wouldn't turn on. Nothing I could do would make it come one. Then we walked away and it came on no problem. Probably was a glitch, but still spoopy.

No, the real fun about going through Thurmond is to continue THROUGH the main part and go up behind Thurmond. You'll see houses as you go up the mountain and a terrifying old church. keep going. Go go go. Go up Beury Mountain. I assure you there is some real life Hills Have Eyes shit up there. If you go up there, and go off of the main road, make sure you're armed.
>>
>>17303740
Also, you'll probably need a pickup truck or something 4 wheel drive.
>>
>>17303740
We're looking for music teaching jobs. Don't know what the market's looking like out in WV, but it's probably better than PA. Plus we're looking to go somewhere together, so if one of us goes to WVU, we'll find some way to work it out.

And damn, alright. So there's actually dangerous stuff out there, not just a bunch of drunk high school kids and the errant wrapped-up blanket covered in mysterious red-brown stains and buried in broken glass? Sounds interesting. If I do go out, I'll probably find friends to come with then. Not sure the girlfriend would be up for that stuff, and I'd rather not go alone.
>>
>>17303877
God speed man. I wish you a fun filled WV experience if you do go there. If you enjoy outdoor adventure and exploration it is the place for you. I grew up in Fayetteville, I encourage to spend some time there. Go raft the lower new river, eat at Secret Sandwich Society, and Pies and Pints. Both are phenomenal and owned by friends of mine.

I live in California but part of me wants to come back to WV every single day. Take care! Hope it works out for you all.
>>
>>17303877
Also, definitely don't go alone. I really can't speak for the way things are up there now. I haven't been in WOAY for 6 years and I haven't been up Beury Mountain for even longer. Looking at Google Maps, i see signs of new development. Looks like they've cleared trees to make way for power lines, and I think I even see a mountain top mine. It's very possible that some power and coal companies came through and purchased the thousands of acres that were for sale up there about 8 years ago and cleared everyone out. My experience is quite dated.
>>
Top fucking thread OP!
>>
>>17304106
Thank you. I'm glad you think so. Did a search for tv station on the archive and saw a lot of mentions about this story. Some anons looking for it but not being able to find it, and a few from the guy claiming to be researching my story and wanting to go there. Wanted to do a follow up. Thanks for reading.
>>
Aliens
>>
>>17304447
The definitive meme answer to the question of what happened.

After almost a decade of retrospection on this event, I will give my opinion on what I think happened. My opinion is vague and... I have no evidence to back it up. I've done almost no real research into the paranormal. But...

That night, we bumped into something. I know that for sure. 100%, no doubt, absolutely we came into contact with something. I don't know how to describe what it was, but I do think whatever it was was fucking with us for a kick. I don't think this was some helpless trapped entity that was suffering in hell. I believe it to be an otherworldly entity of some origin that I am not capable of comprehending being had fun with by something that knew I couldn't comprehend it. Maybe it was a demon, maybe it was a tortured soul stuck on earth, maybe it was a being that is able to interact with our 3 dimensional physical plane every once in a while, and it happened upon a couple guys in a signal-heavy environment that happened to be playing "the game" (that you just lost, kek), rode one of the signals, amplified it, and gave us what we wanted. I think it was something that got a kick out of watching us scramble and shit our pants. I hope. Maybe I tell myself that to comfort myself.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm not. There were only 2 people besides me that ever were witness to any of this. The guy that was there with me is a piece of shit and I don't talk to him anymore. The other guy only heard the sound over the phone. He believes me. No one else ever did. I was living with my parents when this happened, and after the incident where the walkie talkie sound went over the phone I had a panic attack. When I got home, my parents woke up because I was loud coming in, and I was in a panic. I told them what happened. My dad thought I was on drugs, he was very accusatory. I wasn't. They didn't believe me. I told everyone at work, everyone laughed at me.

Years later, I tell /x/
>>
>>17304832
> I don't know how to describe what it was, but I do think whatever it was was fucking with us for a kick. I don't think this was some helpless trapped entity that was suffering in hell.

This is my theory too.

>When I got home, my parents woke up because I was loud coming in, and I was in a panic. I told them what happened. My dad thought I was on drugs, he was very accusatory. I wasn't. They didn't believe me. I told everyone at work, everyone laughed at me.

>Years later, I tell /x/

It's easy to find believers (and skeptics) on /x/, but not always easy to find someone who sounds believable. You, my friend, sound believable.
>>
>>17304832
Like I said before, I'm one of the skeptics. I call bullshit on almost everything, especially ghosts and demons and shit. But I want to be convinced. I want things like this to exist. Not for ideological reasons or anything, but because that would mean there's something else to investigate.

What if it's extradimensional? Some sort of lifeform that is made of energy. I like to think ghosts do have a plausible explanation, we simply haven't reached the point as a species where we can grasp what's truly plausible.

Either way, I'm convinced that you're convinced, and that's enough to make me love the story. Might borrow some aspects for my next story.
>>
Shit man, I just realized I drove past this place on a road trip last summer, didn't think anything of it at the time though.

So the walkie talkie you used, short range i presume. Do you think the dish that fell is what was able to amplify the signal in some way, and that's how it made contact?
>>
Please OP tell me more about the part where they mention hell and gof with more details please
>>
>>17306868
God* instead of gof sorry for the typo
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.