[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is scary as hell in Kansas City? Anyone know of anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (19KB, 285x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 285x265px
What is scary as hell in Kansas City? Anyone know of anything? Wanna meet up and check suggestions out?
>>
Troost, Prospect, there is a murder there almost every week. Pretty spooky.
>>
>>17296004
Nothing really. Kansas city is mundane as fuck. bbq is great though
>>
>>17296490

This. Sadly...
>>
>>17296004
There's that mansion in Independence,, the Vaile Mansion. I believe they give tours.
>>
>>17296004
Tons of haunted stuff in st. louis. Lemp Brewery/mansion and the like. Fort Belle and bubblehead road are a couple of other spooky/haunted places
>>
>>17296004
STL 4 lyfe. The Lou is way spoopier than KC. I've heard of some haunted areas there near UMKC but that's about it. STL has Lemp Mansion, Zombie Road, etc.
>>
>>17297355
Dubs!
Not much spook in kansas city unless you think some old mobsters are haunting union station. Head into kansas a bit and ghost town galore.
>>
Everything spooky in Missouri is in the south and east, the North and west are too flat.

Stl has lots of spooks, the rest is all spread out through the fucking jungle that is southern mo. Lots of isolated spooks in southern mo
>>
>>17296004

I'm in KC, never found or known about anything super spooky or paranormal here.

There is creepy stuff though. The abandoned buildings in the west bottoms for example.

There's also an underground network in KC much much more vast than most other cities. Not sure how big it goes but lots of office space under midtown and also storage north of the river (were Jaegers is).
>>
>>17298144

The caves in midtown are hardly scary. KC Rep has storage/workspace there. Same thing with the caves north of the river, those are fairly industrialized...

>>17297369
As for ghost in Union Station, I've only heard stuff about the part of the building I work in, and its really small/explainable shit. My only experience was a really fucked up phone call I had while working at 3am close to Halloween.

However, Union Station has a ton of space not open to the public that is used by private companies and possibly the government. There is a 16' hermetically sealed door near my area on basement B my co-workers and I call 'area 51'. Every now and then guys in labcoats will crack it open and walk out/in, but are very secretive and odd...it's likely some sort of R&D for Burns & McDowell, but nobody wants to talk about it...
>>
There's Ricky Road off Old Noland in Independence that's supposedly haunted.

Also, the mason presence in Independence is pretty high.

The water in Sugar Creeks gives people tumors, which is realistically spooky.
>>
Oh, and the 24-Hour Fitness in Lee's Summit has been on a few ghost shows and was the news of the minute for a bit a few years ago.

Not to mention all the local civil war battlefields.
>>
>>17299067
Used to go on Rickey Road when in high school! Forgot about that! I'm trying to think out of the box. I know Vaille mansion and stuff. Idk. Wanted something upper freaky and wild!
>>
>>17298251
Tell us more about the men in coats!
>>
>>17299082
I must've missed this news worthy story.
>>
You guys remember Dr Deadlys Haunted Hospital???
>>
>>17296004

I don't know about Kansas City but parts of MO are supposed to be active sasquatch-y places. Pulaski county comes to mind. I live in Columbia and there was a sasquatch sighting here a few years ago... Don't know if I believe it though.
>>
File: VOjNhk3.jpg (587KB, 980x4229px) Image search: [Google]
VOjNhk3.jpg
587KB, 980x4229px
I'm in St. Joseph, about an hour south of KC.

We have a couple of legends here, for sure. St. Joseph used to be something else..

>pic semi-related, those were the elevators in the old Townsend and Wall
>>
File: twel.jpg (54KB, 649x439px) Image search: [Google]
twel.jpg
54KB, 649x439px
>>17299552
Shit, wrong pic
>>
>>17299552

you mean an hour north, right?
>>
>>17299599
Shit

Yes, an hour north, excuse my stupidity
>>
I live about 3 and a half hours away from St. Louis, so my knowledge of the area is limited. Are there any "dare" places there? (As in, "this place is haunted. I dare you to stay overnight.") If so, which ones should I check out for a road trip?
>>
>>17299483

I've only seen them once. They are just men and women in plain white labcoats. They scowled at me and just pushed past me. It's strange, but considering I was sweaty and pushing a Genie lift, I don't blame them. However, they do look different from the Science City employees, who are usually in colored undershirts and all that.

Sorry I don't have much else.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.