[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /x/, you've got me. I'm a total skeptic about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: 1451686011905.jpg (179KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1451686011905.jpg
179KB, 736x552px
Alright /x/, you've got me. I'm a total skeptic about 99% of paranormal shit. I don't believe in Nessie, Chakras, or Astral Projection. But for some reason, I see the future in my dreams. Usually it's only a few seconds of a conversation or location that show up in my dreams or daytime thoughts. Then, sometimes months or even years later, the events in the dream happen and I'm left in a haze, as if I'd just gotten an alcohol-induced buzz. Is this a common thing, I've heard of it happening to others before on here but couldn't tell if they were shitposting.
>>
>>17295771
Early form of precognition.
>>
>>17295771
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpBi9FCIZUc
>>
>>17295771
How do you remember a few seconds of a dream or thought years later?

What has happened to me is that I have a memory of something and later figure out that it was a dream or something I was thinking had happened when I was half awake.

Probably not the same thing, but what you are describing is actually you having a memory of something. The first thing to ask yourself is how you can be sure that your memory is accurate.
>>
>>17295795
Only one or two memory/events have been years aparts. One I remember in particular was because the dream itself stuck with me for a day or two after I had it. It brought up feelings of dread and terrified me, and when I had those feelings a few years later, (along with the fact the place I was was new to me but I'd seen in that same dream) I knew where it came from.
>>
>>17295795
>The first thing to ask yourself is how you can be sure that your memory is accurate.
Well if it's mine then it must be.
>>
>heresy detected. discontinue.
>>
>>17295771

Same here, happened a lot when I was a kid. Still happens. Nowadays the 'precog' moments really stand out because my premonitions usually escalate into violence/negativity but when they really occur nothing bad happens. Seen some other guy post this same phenomenon as well.
>>
>>17295771
prove it. you;re just being a delusional special snowflake asshole or just baiting.
>>
>>17295817

Do you mind sharing some reading materials on this?
>>
>>17296459
I don't know where you could go to read about my memories, no. If I only knew that I could find a way to remember what I forgot.
>>
>>17296465

On precognition, that is.
>>
>>17296471
It's written into the fabric of your very being. I'd just ask a scientist about the nature of thought.
>>
>>17296509

I shouldn't think a scientist would believe in it! Causality and all that, y'know?
>>
>>17296519
What is causality if not just another way to make the timeless river flow?

Scientists practice acausal modeling so they tend to have a lot more to say about this than they tend to realize.
>>
>>17296519
Don't respond to role playing bullshit whose conversations just lead in circles
>>
yo non rp faggot here, precog, times dont matter had it all my life im 26, had some happen a day later sometimes months maybe a year. same thing, in dreams something hideous happens, get feeling of dread, get same feeling if I catch the scene early enough as its happening but nothing bad ever happens after, it's like I got a flash of the future meshed into my dreams. but supposedly your dreaming is like your brain going through 1000000 things and you only pickup w.e lol idk i get the "precog" shit too, I'll specifically see scenes, specific details and conversations and then have them in real life at random intervals exactly the same but zone out after. kind of like when you sit there and just think about how you exist and are thinking and you're just like okay let's uhhh do something crazyy nope.. i'm just cells and my specific thought patterns. lol
>>
>>17296548
If you're just a ball of vibrating matter, then whence comes the dream?
>>
No fucking way, i have had this as well. Thought i was the only one, people kept telling me it was deja'vu or some shit... (STORY TIME)
Yeah, worst part about this is last time it has happened to me i had a lucid dream kinda, i knew i was having a dream but realized it was another glimpse of what was to come half way through, so i tried to see if i could get myself to do something different by making myself remember this moment before hand to see if i could get a different result. Nope, nothing. Though as much as i tried to force myself to "say something different" or even move differently there was nothinh i could do to prevent or even change the course of actions i saw.
Which made me think what if at any moment i are to get another glimpse of the future, that next time it were to happen i were to see my own death in action, or worse to see a loved one die. Knowing that it would occur and there was nothing i could do but to just think to myself to do something different. Morbidly scary thought, i know just want to see someone else's thoughts on this matter other than my own...
>>
>>17295795
I have this sort of thing too, although i haven't actually had a dream in years, it used to happen all the time when I was a kid. You just know you've seen what just happened before, like a really intense déjà vu and I can't really explain it but I guess being in the situation just makes you remember the dream?
>>
>>17296553
>deja'vu
Literally, that's an internet cult trying to induct you into a fake hive mind. Precognition is pretty common and they don't want you to know that.
>>
>>17296553
Sorry posting from my phone, might be a bit rough to read
>>
I am having the same thing almost every day i also have a lot of desavy (how ever that is spelled)
>>
>>17295771
You should write down and date these dreams in a journal and then do the same when they come true. Otherwise it might just be a trick of the mind, as no one's memory is as good as they think it is. With your visions being so brief this could easily be your mind relating something that happened as vaguely similar to in the dream, and then your mind misremembering the dream as being more like the current event than it actually was.

I can say I have had a longer super specific precognition dream before myself, which came true immediately afterward, so I do believe the phenomenon it's self is real. It's just best to not trust one's own perception too much and to try to test one's self.
>>
Tbh this is the first time I've ever seen people talking about this same thing I do, anyone else sort of fading as time goes by? Like maybe I was sensitive to shit as a child but becoming an adult has all kinds of jacked up that connection? Tbh I don't dream at all anymore as far as I remember. Which is strange considering I would have 3-5 memorable dreams per night that were quite vivid and most nights atleast one of them would be a 5 minute or so clip of some random event during a day at some point in the future.
>>
>>17296575
>Otherwise it might just be a trick of the mind
There's literally no evidence for that explanation. It gets thrown around a lot in threads like this, but it has no scientific basis whatsoever. "I don't think so," is NOT a valid hypothesis. This is a legitimately widespread phenomenon and it ought to be studied properly for the sake of being studied properly, not because "Hurr durr brains don't work."

I'm legit jealous because I've never had any precog dreams. I want to know that it's real from science's own mouth rather than from (reliable) anecdotes.
>>
>>17296591
I didn't say I doubted the existence of the phenomenon, illiterate fuck. I'd think that would be quite clear from me relating my own experience. But one should be aware of the limitations of one's own memory and thus should document their experiences as they have them, you stupid fucker.

As to scientific basis for false memories, there's plenty. https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=research+on+false+memories&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt87DD7tPKAhWCPCYKHaJqBpYQgQMIGjAA
>>
>>17296615
>one should be aware of the limitations of one's own memory
Yes, that's the part I don't like. I've never seen memory falter to the degree that we should doubt people at their word. You shouldn't gaslight while telling someone to do science. I don't buy into the "fuck human memory" bullshit.
>>
>>17296638
Just go read the many studies on it, retard. You're sitting here throwing a temper tantrum where all you are going on is your own emotional reaction to someone essentially challenging your faith in an idea you can not substantiate.
>>
>>17296638
I don't think you know what gaslight means.
>>
>>17296653
>the many studies on it
I don't trust science to measure anything other than the Barnum effect. I'm a quantum physics denier. I believe in time travel.
>>
>>17296663
>I don't trust science, but how dare you not trust my blind faith and assumptions, my emotional outbursts make me right

Fuck off faggot
>>
>>17296730
How fucking dare you not trust my blind faith and assumptions? This is /x/, fuck you for thinking I'm obliged to believe *anything,* let alone science.
>>
>>17295771

I'm a committed Christian, generally pretty down to earth, think most of you are crazy. But yeah, this has happened to me quite a few times in my life, more when I was in my teenage years. I'd get a flash of something years in advance and then it'd happen and I'd remember having seen it. I've also had incredibly strong Deja Vesu, as in, I said to a girl, "I've been here before, there's something I'm supposed to say."

She got weirded out and walked away, which broke the Deja Vesu. Probably for the best, she became a witch, I don't think we were very compatible.

She had a nice rack but.
>>
>>17295771
Humans are good at noticing patterns. Think of all the times your dreams didn't come out to be true. Those few that did, you noticed, but for the most part there was no connection. Nothing but "synchronicity" like experiences that everyone has experienced at some point.
>>
>>17296782
You seem moderate enough to be sane. I pray you find something more comforting than the Bible to believe in some day. Best of luck 'til then.
>>
File: 1451546131493.jpg (24KB, 720x531px) Image search: [Google]
1451546131493.jpg
24KB, 720x531px
>>17296791

Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment.
>>
>>17296790
>Humans are good at noticing patterns.
No, they really aren't. AI researcher here. I'm the closest thing to an expert on pattern recognition that this board sees.
>>
>>17296799
>Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment.
Honestly all I was going for. Thanks for recognizing it.

Gad I love being honest AND sincere at the same time.
>>
>>17296812
If you weren't good at noticing patterns you wouldn't be able to read
>>
>>17296821
Have you ever opened a Where's Waldo book?

Have you ever spent more than two and half seconds scanning two nearly-identical images for subtle differences?

Language is virtually an anti-pattern at the levels of abstraction I have to consider.
>>
>>17295771
I never thought precog or ESP was real, until a few months back. I've been having these really weird, emotional dreams with a girl I once fancied.

>One day I woke up absolutely livid for some reason.
>I couldn't quite remember the dream but it involved her and when I awoke all I wanted to do was punch the wall beside me.
>Turns out later that day she "had found someone else" better than me and that she didn't want contact anymore.
>I got really fucked off and remember the dream. That feeling was exactly what I had.

>Another time a couple weeks later, It was another dream about her.
>But I can definitely remember this one since it was so vivid.
>It was me and her walking around an old, abandoned Victorian township (looked a lot like my hometown)
>Occasionally bumping into each other I would try to strike up a conversation but it was always really short and frantic.
>A few more times after I meet with her and try to talk, but we just end up parting ways las if we were really busy.
>We see each other at an entrance toi an old antiques warehouse we were just wandering in. (We actually had this back home)
>I talk again. but she cuts me off and says "I really have to go, this isn't a good idea". And walks off down the street. And I follow for a while until I realize the futility of it and give up
>When I wake up, the same thing happens when I try to text her. Short, frantic conversations then she just doesn't reply. I text a few more times with little to no effort in her replies. I've given up since then.

I still dream of her from time to time. But it's never anything pleasant nowadays.
>>
>>17295771

>nord synthesizer

my nigga
>>
>>17295771
It happens to me as well. 2 weeks ago I had a dream that I got a photo of a UFO which I think may have happened because I got a new camera. In the next couple of days at night time I went outside because it was hot inside and I saw a blue light moving in the sky. I sprinted to get my camera but it got away when I got back. I also get deja vu moments where I could have sworn events happened before and I can remember them.
>>
>>17296762
But I'm obligated to believe you and not question experiences? You are truly king retard.
>>
>>17296812
>Hello, person claiming to be an expert here. Just wanted to present my appeal to authority falacy
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.