[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who knows anything about ancient Druids? Im not talking neodruid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1452033809051.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1452033809051.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
Who knows anything about ancient Druids? Im not talking neodruid newage shit, i mean climb up in a fucking oak for mistletoe and sacrifice two bulls ancient. Looking to get in touch with ancient earth.
>>
>>17295035
>who knows anything about ancient druids
>christmas trees
>>
>>17295035
Romans slew them like the fuccbois they were.

Jupiter > Faggy tree worship
>>
>>17295035
They kept nearly all of their knowledge to themselves and were killed in one battle by the Romans. We wont ever know what they were up to. The new age "druids" are an insult.
>>
>>17295035
>Looking to get in touch with ancient earth.
Which one?
>>
>>17295118
do elborate
>>
>>17295124
There are many pasts, many paths, and many more you'll not outlast.
>>
>>17295249
do you think its possible to have your conscienceless wander as long as possible. To move past death and into a journey beyond time is all I can think about these days.
>>
>>17295035
Salisbury Plains are a military base, sorry OP, your faith is dead.
>>
>>17295279
It's where I spend all my time so I'd say it must be possible.
>>
File: 1450028543466.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450028543466.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>17295334
>>
>>17295035
The Caesar's writings are the gretest source about them. Nothing confiante though.
>>
What's the difference between druidism and shamanism?
>>
>>17295279
It is possible. It's what the afterlife is. Your physical body may die, but the mind lasts forever. No longer restricted by time or perception.
>>
>>17297784
What if someone thinks and feels way faster than most people? What if someone experiences life faster? What if someone has accumulated a couple of lifetimes experiences and knowledge before 30?
>>
>>17297877
That would be awesome. Everyone's mind when's at a different pace.
I've been told in my young age that I act much older than I am.
I accelerated in school because it was easy for me to accept and retain all information I learned while others struggled.
This let me learn faster and ultimately mature and age faster. Mentally that is, not physically.
>>
>>17297895
Works not whens
>>
>>17297895
That's what I was getting at, only more hyper. I think I'm older than my 92 year old great grandmother
>>
>>17295069
>We wont ever know what they were up to. The new age "druids" are an insult.
you can't say both of those things at one time. if you don't know what they believed in, you can't know that new age beliefs aren't totally in accordance with their ancient beliefs just by accident.
>>
>>17295334
you spend all your time on 4chan, faggot. stop lying to the easily deceived. it's embarrassing for everyone.
>>
>>17298074
Because ancient druids were guys, and most druida today are grills. Patriarchy vs matriarchy
>>
>>17295035
no one knows. it was spoken knowledge and it's now lost forever, deal with it
>>
look to the ancient pagan traditions from nearby regions that miraculously survived millenia of extermination campaigns at the hands of Jupitry and Christendom. Finnish, slavic, and western germanic paganism is as close as well ever get, and all of those venerated trees to varying degrees.
>>
>>17295066
>>17295069

>being this ignorant

The Romans never even got to Ireland beyond some trading. Druids continued to be a thing for centuries after the western empire fell. When the Christian monks compiled (in written form) traditional oral law, druids were still around and given relatively high legal status (less than Christian priests, higher than craftsmen), reflecting the slow conversion of the folk.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.