[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is lucid dreaming real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Man-sleeping.jpg (22KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Man-sleeping.jpg
22KB, 615x409px
Is lucid dreaming real?
>>
Okay.
>>
Can you hear me?
>>
>>17291249
I've never been able to do it myself, despite trying
>>
yea
>>
>>17291249
yes, start writing down your dreams as soon as you wake up as detailed as you can
>>
Yes. It happens to me a few times a month but I have not been able to control it so it just happens randomly.
>>
>>17291249
Exactly as real as everything else that's in your head.
>>
>>17291249

Sadly, it isn't.
>>
>>17291390
Several posters ITT have had lucid dreams, including myself, but trust this bloke just because he's never had one himself
>>
File: konspiracy.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
konspiracy.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>17291249
What if lucid dreaming is just the perception of free will? We think we're controlling our actions because we think about them before doing them.
>>
>>17291249
I've done it a few times. Most recently was a couple of years ago. I dreamed I fell asleep on the couch, woke up and something was trying to take me away. I screamed 'fuck you' so loud I woke myself up in the dream.
>>
>>17291249
I had two lucid dreams last night.
>>
>>17291249
no they're just dreams
>>
>>17291437
considered this
>>
>>17291275
Very very rarely do I dream/remember my dream. I'm laying in my bed then all of a sudden the alarm clock is going and it's light outside. That's it.. Couldn't even tell you the last time I had a dream. Would keeping a dream journal even be beneficial if I only dream maybe once every 2 months? I know they say you dream every night regardless but I never remember anything when I wake up. 99% percent of the time it's like time just skips forward a few hours
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream#Scientific_history
literally tried and tested with the eye signal experiment

if your dreams are real so are lucid dreams and they are two distinguishable states
>>
Lol I didn't know this was up for debate. Of course they're real. Let me teach you a few tricks.

1) as you're falling asleep, try to keep consciousness by repeating in your mind "I will lucid dream, I will lucid dream" over and over. Eventually you can feel yourself go into the R.E.M. Stage and you feel your eyes flutter. Weird af.

2) if you're already dreaming (but you don't quite know it), details are weird in dreams. Try looking at text and reading it, usually it's very difficult to read in dreams. Also maybe try looking at your hands, and noticing the wrinkles and creases on them. In my experience, hands are super-wrinkly in your dreams, as your brain is trying to compensate for the lack of detail.

3) as someone mentioned before, try to remember your dreams after you wake up, either by writing them down or committing them to memory. No sense in lucid dreaming of you can't remember any of it
>>
>>17291249
1. record every single dream detail in a journal that you keep next to your bed
2. practice keeping your body motionless and do it before you fall asleep
3. practice breathing
4. make a sigil about lucid dreaming and visualize it before falling asleep
5. sound concentration on a mantra you made about lucid dreaming.
(4 and 5 are optional of course)
main thing is to keep a journal and don't think about missing a dream or any detail because of lazyness
>>
>>17291249
Yes. it is. I did it before I realized it was a thing.
>>
>>17291660
Wat. Lucid dreams are not real because they are dreams?

And yes op, lucid dreaming is a thing. It just takes mental discipline and a bit of genetic luck I guess. Some find it more natural than others. I am a regular lucid dreamer myself. The dream world is a great sandbox.
>>
File: 1416659443300.png (612KB, 915x678px) Image search: [Google]
1416659443300.png
612KB, 915x678px
>tfw never had memorable dreams since I was a child
>been trying to years to have lucid dreams or even just AP
>never done it
>there isn't even a pause between falling asleep and waking up

I think something is wrong with my brain.
>>
>>17292438
This desu senpai
>>
>>17292645
Whaaaa? The filter is still on? When are they going to remove it?
>>
Try reducing fluoride in your diet. >>17292622
>>
>>17291249
Yes, it is. I recommend reading Stephen LaBerge's books on it. First guy to give it a scientific outlook, but the concept's been around for centuries (e.g. Dream Yoga)
>>
>>17291249
No. Nothing is real. Row the boat down the stream, life is but a dream.
>>
File: 1440738488340.jpg (47KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1440738488340.jpg
47KB, 500x667px
>>17292659
How? It's not like I eat toothpaste, in fact I eat incredibly healthy.

I wish I could find a real scientifically proven answer for this instead of the usual assumption that everyone who doesn't share your shitty dreams was only like that because they don't survive on nothing but Spirit Juice™ and a single stick of homegrown celery per day or whatever you hippies think makes you superior to everyone else.
>>
>>17292728
dafuq is that in your pic? is that tommy from rug rats being molested by a unidentified pokemon?
>>
>>17292647
They'll remove it when people like you stop saying "tb.h" and "f.am" every goddamn sentence
>>
>>17292810
To be honest fammerz you seem pretty lame
>>
>>17292810
You sound pretty salty about it desu senpai. Why tho?
>>
>>17292820
>>17292828
Because it's just as bad as when people say "literally" for stuff that they don't mean literally, i.e. figuratively. It's a dumbass meme for dumbass adolescents, and it never was funny
>>
>>17292910
You are literally autistic. And I mean that like a metaphor
>>
>>17291390
I've lucid dreamed lots of times dont tell people its not real just because youre fucking jealous kid
>>
been writing a dream journal for a couple years, some entries are pretty bizzard to read, sometimes there's too much detail, sometimes too little, sometimes a dream is kinda shitty I don't even want to record it.

That said, occasionally when I have a nightmare or bad dreams in general I can just end it with a sheer force of will or go "fuck y'all I'm dreaming time to explore"
>>
>>17291249
Yea, REAL GAY!
Hahahaha!!!
>>
>>17293228
and I don't do any of the consciously telling yourself to lucid dream or practice this repeat that or anything. For fuck's sake that one time you get to completely relax I ain't doing no mental workout.
>>
My first experience with lucid dreaming ended in a fucking nightmare, could greentext if someone is interested, but yes it rly works.
Good luck m8, don't give up trying
>>
Ive lucid dreamed atleast 3 times
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.