[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /x/'s take on graveyard walking at night? I'v

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: graveyard.jpg (274KB, 881x587px) Image search: [Google]
graveyard.jpg
274KB, 881x587px
What is /x/'s take on graveyard walking at night? I'v always wanted to try it on my own, if not just to be spooped.

I'v heard there are rules to ghosts though? Such as you only see them at the place they died, and not where they are laid to rest, so would it be a giant waste of time?

Would be pretty neat to walk around in the pitch black taking videos and pictures, even if they came up with nothing.
>>
Go do it OP, bring back pics
>>
I've done this and have experienced the paranormal. But in my opinion it's demons that pretend to be ghosts. I don't believe that people's souls stick around on earth.

It can be fun, crazy, and spoopy though
Though in my opinion it's best to just avoid all that
>>
>>17289825
I don't think there are "rules" for ghosts, lol. If there are, no living human k led them anyways. Go have fun and get spooped in a graveyard at night. Do a little one man ghost hunt. Do some EVP with a cellphone recording device, take some photos to see if anything strange shows up. Show us your findings!
>>
>>17289839
>>17289899
Think ill go have a look around one in an hour or 2, my only problem is that i only have an Iphone 5 to work work. I have no idea how the exposure/blur and all that technical photography stuff will look on a crappy mobile phone camera with a small flash. Last thing i want is to take 50 pictures and see nothing but black
>>
Funeral director here.
I haven't had any spoopy experiences when burying the dead; but maybe you will. I typically don't go out there at night.

I do encourage you to take photos and bring back any stories you find.
>>
One time I went to this place called Bachelor's Grove in Illinois. It's supposedly one of the most haunted places in the Midwest. It was fun, but also nerve-wracking because I felt a lot of energy (but it coulda just been my anxiety, who knows). There were loud toads in some water near by and they were doing some weird chants. It was spoopy, but I got a few cool pics.
>>
>>17289825
I used to do this a lot.
Have fun, but be careful using a flash. It can attract unwanted attention. From the living. Like law enforcement.
>>
>>17291121
The cemetary in my area is patrolled by police at night and day.
>>
>>17289825
You might see this. From some book.

Graveyard Specters
These are a very specific class of ghostly phenomenon, a humanlike apparition seen in the vicinity of a cemetery on the days or weeks immediately following a new burial. More often found in folklore than in reports of present-day sightings, graveyard specters are the subject of many old stories. It's claimed in some parts of England and northern France, for example, that the most recent person buried in a graveyard has to stay there as some sort of ghostly watchman until someone else dies and takes his or her place. Graveyard specters rarely speak or produce other sounds; they seem content merely to hover in the air near their graves.

Good luck.
>>
>>17289825
Can't speak for all cemeteries, but there's one at the top of my street that my friend and I used to walk around after midnight if we needed to vent to eachother. It was peaceful to be honest. The only spoop we had was when this shadow darted right in front of us and then seemed to disappear as soon as it ran by. We didn't think it was any sort of animal because it was about 5 feet tall if I had to estimate. Just wtf'd, laughed it off and continued eith our conversation. It was bretty interesting though.
>>
>>17289825
I love graveyards it's like peeking at somones life through thier death.
Best tombstone I ever saw was for a 70 somthing man, it just had his name, birth and death date and
"Now I know somthing you dont'

Lots of dead babies, those are sad.
Never had anything wierd happen, but my mother's grave is always slightly rearranged everytime I visit. But that could be family fucking with the display.
>>
Best tomb stone I ever saw was for a woman from that died in the sixties. it had a place where a portrait was on the tombstone, but it looked like it was pried off. the epitaph read "she is not dead."
>>
File: 1452906870957.jpg (28KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452906870957.jpg
28KB, 600x375px
>>17289825
I like walking around my town very early in the morning. Iits a nice, serene time where you can clear your head and get some exercise with nobody around. Just make sure you
>bring a weapon. Doesn't need to be a fucking rifle, but a baton or mace or something. There are some weirdos out that early. Make sure its legal
>if you encounter the police, act cool. What yore doing IS suspicious and they will stop you. sat youre out for a run or a morning hike, dress the part too. act polite and you'll be fine
>graveyards are pretty cool, but it will look weird to anyone else. specifically with them say youre jogging. it makes the most sense
>>
do you believe all spiritual creatures have animal like or low intelligence or naturally evil or lawless trates
>>
>>17289825
I did it once with some friends. Most of them were high and one of them shit on a grave when we were separated. That started the mystery of the grave shitter in our town.
>>
>>17292908
Carry a knife and an orange, "it's to peel it".
Check your local laws first.
>>
>>17292935
Here there is so much diversity as with humans. There are mindless beasts and entities more intelligent than humans, in all shades than you can imagine.
Respect and be careful when dealing with those. Like with a human stranger, you never know what you will get.
>>
File: xinanutshell.jpg (78KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
xinanutshell.jpg
78KB, 460x460px
>>17292981
>That started the mystery of the grave shitter in our town.
Classic /x/, blame your friend for something you did.
>>
>>17289825
>What is /x/'s take on graveyard walking at night?
That it's a damn shame I don't live never a cemetery.
>>
>>17294347
>near a cemetery.
>>
>>17289825
It's really only spoopy if you psych yourself out about it. I've taken night time short cuts through graveyards plenty of times, and it wasn't really interesting.

Spirits are everywhere but the best way I can explain it is that they must be on different layers of reality. Sometimes there are the classic cases of spirits attached to a place where they ether lived or died, other times there are places where you might experience what some describe as 'imprints on time'. But for the most part spirits can really surprise you in where and when they become apparent to you.

I've had extensive encounters throughout my life, and none of them in graveyards, despite spending much of my life in fairly close proximity to graveyards.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.