[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is gnosis? How it works Why the church has been persecuted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: 1445396636527.jpg (77KB, 575x611px) Image search: [Google]
1445396636527.jpg
77KB, 575x611px
What is gnosis?
How it works
Why the church has been persecuted this branch of Christianity so much?
>>
>>17288792
It's the belief that Jesus was not really God in the flesh, the flesh matters for nothing and the spirit matters for everything, and that salvation is found by those who discover and utilize occult information.
>>
As far as i understand it, it is the tantra of christianity.
>>
File: Vatican II Masonic symbolism.jpg (414KB, 1562x794px) Image search: [Google]
Vatican II Masonic symbolism.jpg
414KB, 1562x794px
>What is gnosis?

The knowledge of Divine Logos

>How it works

A bit like Calvinist Grace and Buddhist Nirvana

>Why the church has been persecuted this branch of Christianity so much?

Because the exoteric Church is a control mechanism for the goyim, whereas Gnosticism is one of the ways out.

inb4 buttmad papists and wackjob American sectarian dupes, following a Roman-produced Nicean creed, start calling everyone a heretic.
>>
It just translates to 'knowledge'.

Also used as a term for a lapse of consciousness, or trance, such as during meditation, intense pain or pleasure, and such.

Praying is a form of meditation, and can induce gnosis.
>>
>>17288792
>branch of Christianity
Because it is not Christian in any way since it declares God is satan (le demiurge meme), lucifer as savior, flesh is "disgusting" and that Jesus sacrifice is worthless
>muh secret knowledge will le save me
>>
>>17288809

Pretty much this, yes. OP should read up on the works of Samael Aum Weor or check out Stephan Hoeller on YouTube for a more academic perspective.
>>
>>17288810
Your pic is 100% against the Catholic church, and 100% correct.

Yet you throw them in with actual Christians.

Why, again?
>>
>>17288809
There is no tantra of Christianity.
>>
>>17288815

>since it declares God is satan

No, it doesn't. Misinterpreted assumption. Demiurge is not God. God is God.

> lucifer as savior

Same as above. Jesus is the Redeemer, not Lucifer.

>flesh is "disgusting"

It is transitory.

>Jesus sacrifice is worthless

haha where the fuck are your even getting is from, Christ the Annointed One is The King of Kings.

I like how your post filled with baseless claims and misinterpreted assumptions has the word meme in it, while memes are exactly what you're spouting.

Good goyim, keep preaching that Salvationism, rpature is gonna happen any day now, just wait and don't do anything.
>>
Find out for yourself and be sorrowful then be astounded.
>>
>>17288831
Your argument that gnosticism is christianity is nauseating to both sides.
>>
>>17288839

>Your argument that gnosticism is christianity is nauseating to both sides.

Pagan Gnosticism is Hermeticism and Neo-Platonism. OP was asking about Christian Gnositicsm and that's what is he being informed on.
>>
>>17288847
>What is gnosis?
>How it works

wut
>>
>>17288847
Make sure to tell him about jumbo shrimp, military intelligence, and genuine imitation too.
>>
>>17288864

You're a bit slow, aren't you?

>this branch of Christianity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Gnosticism

Stephan A. Hoeller - From Essenes to Christian Gnosis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYrM264xKYk
>>
>>17288875
Yeah, it's a misnomer. Now you know.

There is no Christian Gnosticism.

Christians have epignosis, not gnosis. People going to hell have gnosis.
>>
>>17288875
Your article says Simon Magus is a gnostic.

Simon Magus is condemned to hell in the bible by Christians for trying to buy the Holy Spirit with money.

There is no Christian Gnosticism.
>>
>>17288826
>what is a similrity

Tantra uses taboo subjects of hinduism to reacj god

Gnosis uses taboos of christianity to reach god

Boh are shunned as unholy and evil

"Of it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck"
>>
>>17288886

>There is no Christian Gnosticism.

Says who, the Roman Empire shills like Irenaeus and Justin Martyr?

Stay in bondage, goyim.
>>
>>17288905
>Boh are shunned as unholy and evil

And deservedly so.

While I was looking up "tantric Christianity", I ran across a study demonstrating that Christian married couples have better sex than non-married tantric sex mates.

Everything really is better on God's side.
>>
>>17288911
Common sense, reason and logic, actually.

Jesus said in the open and recorded in the bible "I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life; no man comes to the Father but by Me."

Gnosticism says you need to learn hidden secret knowledge in order to be like God.

Mutually exclusive things are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>17288898

> Likewise, one scholar may consider Simon Magus a gnostic, where another considers him a proto-gnostic.
>one scolar may, where another...
>He is condemned in the Bible assmebled on the orders of the Roman Empire

So what kind of fudnamentalist sectarian are you? Pentacostal?
>>
>>17288924

>Gnosticism says you need to learn hidden secret knowledge in order to be like God.

Gnosticism says you need to learn hidden knowledge of Jesus' way within you, to be righteous.

You sectarian disinfo on what Gnosticism is =/= Christian Gnosticism
>>
>>17288792
Gnosis is getting in direct contact with God, which cuts the middleman, the church and priests etc. completely out of the picture, so I'm not surprised they persecuted it so much.

Read the gospel of thomas and get into mindfulness meditation, that's how I reached gnosis.
>>
>>17288926
I see no difference between "gnostic" and "proto-gnostic".

The bible was fully written, disseminated, and compiled long before Constantine's grandfather was born.
>>
>>17288932
There is no Christian Gnosticism, and gnosticism is the devil's gospel as told to Eve:

Eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; you will surely not die. You will know good and evil, and be like God.
>>
>>17288947
Gospel of Thomas is a known forgery, fraud, and gnostic gospel written @ 250 AD, well after Thomas died.

Gnosticism and Christianity are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>17288792
>What is gnosis?
Gnosis literally means knowledge.

>What is gnostic Christianity?
Christianity didnt become popular soon after crucifixion of Christ nor it was preached in church. It was usually preached in private and secret meetings by his followers. This early christianity whr the actual words of Christ were preached is the actual gnostic christianity. As time goes by after two or three centuries they misinterpreted most of the teachings and different types of teachings were taught which even contradicted the teachings of Christ. Some even wrote their own imaginary books and even sexual books on Christ. After the church was established there were too many books and too many branches. To unite them all every other book except the books which is in Bible now were banned. Those who followed books other than Bible and called themselves Christians were deemed as heretics. Some of them were stupid but some of them were also very good and some even had books whr the teachings were as it is, as it was taught by Christ himself. The Catholic church gave the final blow to them by starting inquisition whr millions of Gnostics were killed and other accepted the Bible of church.
>>
>>17288847
>Pagan Gnosticism is Hermeticism

u r assumption is way too far frm truth
>>
>>17289000
1 John 2

Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.

They were never part of us.

1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

They deny Jesus is God in the flesh, and so are antichrist.

Christ and antichrist do not mix any better than matter and antimatter.
>>
>>17289000
What the fuck is whr?
>>
>inb4 buttmad papists and wackjob American sectarian dupes, following a Roman-produced Nicean creed, start calling everyone a heretic.

and what are the odds, that's exactly what happened
>>
Is the word that I have received of the spirit or of the flesh?
>>
>>17289014
Short form where. sorry
>>
>>17289018

1 + 3 = 8

In before people say it's 4.

>i r psycik
>>
>>17289083

Simply ebin. You really should adopt a trip my man, so we can filter you like P3t3r and Prince of The Most high and other proselytizing fundies from /pol/
>>
>>17289010
>1 John 2
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.
They were never part of us.

Gnostic Christians came after John the evangelist how can he talk abt them? and who r u to dictate terms of god? just bcuz u r assuming its referred to them will it become referred to them?

>1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
They deny Jesus is God in the flesh, and so are antichrist.
Christ and antichrist do not mix any better than matter and antimatter.

there is anti matter but no such thing as anti christ.

>"your modern religions are systems of superstitions from which the truth has been excluded; the infinite God has been deposed from his eternal throne in the hearts of men, and fallible mortal priests have been put in his place. Love has departed,and fear rules mankind; each individual seeks his or her happiness, and forgets the existence of others. Each one wants to be saved at the expense of another, each one wants to obtain a reward which he has not merited"-- By an Adept
>>
>>17289123
You shouldn't use shorthand, it cheapens and discredits your message to the casual reader, generally.

Any other resources or would you recommend looking inward as the priority over texts?
>>
>>17289143
I'm on phone :(

I don't generally suggest any books because knowledge is everywhere. Its out there much more than in the book and everyones path is different. Listen to your heart and guide it with reason till both becomes one :)
>>
>>17288847
>>17288831
>Christian Gnositicsm
Nice heresy, gnosticism isn't christian. It never was.
>>
>>17289319
So why they call themselves cristian?
>>
>>17288917
link to study? also its funny cause there are no such studies. Tantra isnt openly practiced and youd find no such couples, unless its western "tantriks"

nice bait though
>>
>>17289693
also, this was me kek
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
Bumpirino
>>
File: LockeOutline2a.gif (31KB, 586x383px) Image search: [Google]
LockeOutline2a.gif
31KB, 586x383px
Very interesting thoughts on this, although I did a bunch of studying while reading this, I find few did work on this rather they let their prejudices out. I would like to say I know, but as always in this subject I am left with more questions than answers.
Raised a Roman Catholic
>>
File: 9592932904.jpg (44KB, 368x459px) Image search: [Google]
9592932904.jpg
44KB, 368x459px
>>17289123
>the last hour
a fucking 2000+ year "last hour"
lying sacks of shit
>>
pirit
>>
>>17288815
Wait, what? Where did you get that kool-aid from?
>>
File: 1452722506945.jpg (319KB, 898x596px) Image search: [Google]
1452722506945.jpg
319KB, 898x596px
I thought it was just a sort of enlightenment. Like a deeper understanding of the universe and life and what not.
>>
File: 5ecfa_Gnosis.jpg (78KB, 640x280px) Image search: [Google]
5ecfa_Gnosis.jpg
78KB, 640x280px
>>17288792
>>
How do I know if I reached the gnosis state through meditation?
>>
>>17293455
You're just another filthy human bean. What do you know about His time?
>>
>>17293655
Yep How to gnosis?
>>
File: human_bean.jpg (111KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
human_bean.jpg
111KB, 800x820px
>>17293728
>You're just another filthy human bean.

Millennials proudly barely-literate since 1990.
>>
>>17288792
>What is gnosis?
>How it works
I think you just answered your own questions there.
>>
>>17288792

It was never a branch of Christianity - it was heresy from start.
>>
>>17288905
>Gnosis uses taboos of christianity to reach god
only one school of Gnosticism did that.
>>
>>17288917
>Everything really is better on God's side.
I would expect Christians to have mental/emotional benefits even if it's made-up because life is easier if you abdicate responsibility.
>>
>>17294653
Only for the duration that nobody knows how to manipulate your personal timeline, yes. After that it gets kind of hectic.

We're almost there, /x/! All we need now is proper anti-triangulation practices and history will be open.
>>
Because it only pretends to be Christian. Do you even Revelation?
>>
>>17288811
And 'literally' is now interchangeable with 'figuratively'

You point is Christopher Poole
>>
>>17293655
Learn the definition/how to recognise it.
>>17294102
how to reach it? I have an idea - which is to realise that the category in your mind "everything" or "the real world" or "reality" or "truth" can't possibly be real or have any meaningful content - so the category is a fake even though there is something real it "refers to" in a way.

this is based on the assumption that thinking deals with finite objects only and the splitting up of experience into dualities/oppositions and categories, so even though you can make a category in your thought "everything" and act like you're really "thinking about everything" you should logically be able to grasp that's an impossibility since "everything" in reality has to transcend dualities which means transcending thought.

the process of thought is treating its world of ideas as though that overlaps exactly with the real world, as though it IS the real world. That's what they might mean by saying the Demiurge thinks he's the Pleroma.

Once you see the Demiurge for what he is - once you see thought as a fallible process for engaging with reality and truth - as NOT self-sufficient and not the world itself but only one way of interacting with the world (which is not experienced through thought though it may be experienced by the mind as a whole) - then maybe you'll be able to experience in an unthinking way reality or The Truth (Logos) in itself.

But the Demiurge I think is like the ego of Buddhism so it might require submission and humility because the self (reality) will confuse itself with the ego (mental image) and not want to let go of that for fear of death/destruction.
>>
File: images-7.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
All hail the gnostic church of cain. Keep livin da lie lil bitches
>>
>>17294714
For some definition of "we."
>>
Bumping for direct conection to God!
>>
>>17294733
???
>>
>>17288810
>this pic
Man this is basic fucking symbolism nothing to go crazy about here
>>
>>17288792
Its an early Christian heresy where Jesus's teachings merged with Greek philosophy and Roman cult ideas to form a batshit insane bastardization that was wiped from history except for a few tattered remnants that modern-day cultists tried to reconstruct
>>
>>17294124
>doesn't get the reference

Generation X, everyone.
>>
>>17297439
Why it was wiped?
>>
Dr. Michael Heiser: Gnosticism Lecture (Full)
https://youtu.be/pDyl1qrpj_Q
>>
>>17297439
>I don't understand it
>therefore it's insane

>a few tattered remnants
>full descriptions of their belief systems

>modern-day cultists tried to reconstruct
historians tried to reconstruct it, unsurprisingly it's a source of academic interest.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.