[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visualization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: stages-of-conscious-awakening.jpg (99KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
stages-of-conscious-awakening.jpg
99KB, 800x600px
My girlfriend can use visualization to an extent where it's like she can create her own dimension. She can create and go places in her mind and see, touch, smell, and feel them. Basically an internal holodeck. She said she was able to do it at a fairly young age.

How can I learn this skill? We want to both do it and attempt to find a way to share one, but first I must learn to do it. She can't really explain how it's done. Any suggestions?
>>
Tesla did it by almost drowning then having a devastating, unchecked fever for like a week.

Godspeed, Anon.

Also, dreaming. Look into it.
>>
Start with small objects, work up to full scenes.
Also start with areas/houses/rooms you know very well.

I also have this ability, it works fantastic in the trades industry because you can visualize shit and put measurements next to it, all in your head.
Its like having a $20,000 digital template machine all in your mind.
>>
File: 1451864112819.jpg (202KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1451864112819.jpg
202KB, 717x880px
>>17286410
>Tesla
>>
>>17286569
It's sad that Tesla has been brought so far back from obscurity that you actually dismiss him - ESPECIALLY in this sort of situation where I'm only bringing up the fact that he had really really good powers of visualization.
>>
>>17286397

Dharana, eat more iodine.

/thread
>>
>>17286397
>How can I learn this skill?
I can't do this but I think I found a viable way.
I've read three times on the internet (one one reddit and two on dreamviews) of people who blindfold themselves and are able to "see" through the eyelids.
If you close your eyes in the dark, before going to sleep, and move your arms, you can see some movement.
Blindfold yourself for at least one hour every day and explore your house.
Touch, smell, listen to everything trying to see it through the eyelids.
Google, brainstorm and devise your own methods.
Chronic use of Piracetam in high doses or Pramiracetam (bulk powder is cheap), among other supplements, can improve your imagery to noticeable extent.
In my case it becomes better just after some hour of drawing. Never gone past that though.
I plan on doing this but first I have to get my live together.
>>
>>17286436
>you can visualize shit and put measurements next to it
Can you please elaborate a bit more? I suffer from anhedonia and this is one of the few things that interest me. Offer me some joy.
>>
File: 54.jpg (615KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
615KB, 1170x780px
>>17286397
I thought about practicing this skill, you need a lot of dicipline, patience, and the right psycology where you train your mind to not interfere with your concentration and also not collapse your "visualization," or as I call it a "lusion," I call it a lusion because it is sort of like a illusion or a delusion but it is something you created, you were not deceived by it such as an illusion or delusion. Our perception is our reality, I think it's so interesting that we can induce our own seemingly real worlds by either dreaming or meditation. Where you can train your senses to experience any world your creation that you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYixwX0YLM
>>
>>17286654
any world of* your creation
>>
>>17286598
>I'm only bringing up the fact that he had really really good powers of visualization.
So has the random guy on the Internet.
Tesla has become a joke because of all the absurdities attributed to him.
The reality is, I seriously doubt he is respected by any serious scientists.
Like NdGT, the other reddit joke.
But let's not talk about this bullshit in this really interesting thread.
>>
>>17286604
>eat more iodine
Man, I am dosing iodine 12% at one/two drops per day (I'm young and fit). More than two months passed and I see no result.
>>
>>17286678
>I seriously doubt [Tesla] is respected by any serious scientists
It's pathetic that you need to be so edgy that you seriously think that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nikola_Tesla_patents
>>
>>17286646
Basically I can take an object with its basic measurements and change it visually while keeping specs..
Also works well with architecture, measurements of rooms, placement, etc

I visualize it as some sort of demonic CAD program that can overlay my vision while being semi transparent if need and it works quite well.

There's much more to visualization though.
If you do it enough its even possible to "dream" while awake and be semi functional.
The mind is a very creative thing if you let if run free and do not fear it.
>>
>>17286397
Have you tried wishing your ability to experience what you can imagine back into existence?
>>
>>17286878
Thank you.
Were you able to do since you were young or it's something you developed?
If the question makes sense.
>>
I only recently learned not everyone could do this. I was pretty surprised as I thought it was widespread. I also had this from a young age; I apparently suffer from "maladaptive daydreaming" but to be quite honest I do not like using that word or even being called like this; to me that "illness" is just an excuse tumblr created as a way to victim.

My visualization skills are very high, so ask me anything you'd like I guess and I'll do my best to answer you.
>>
>>17287766
>I was pretty surprised as I thought it was widespread.
Yes, humanity hasn't gotten past phase one philosophy yet. Thus far we tend to suck balls at realizing we all have unique and separate minds. Deja fucking vu as I type this.
>>
>>17286410
I can do this in dreams. The landscape I return to time and time again and revisit buildings and places I am aware of having created in previous dreams.
>>
>>17287766
>ask me anything
Does this help you with remembering things?
Like focusing the image of a book page you were studying or reading earlier.
Can you hear music at will or have a headmate?
In the dream character sense, but IRL.
>>
I hope you can see why it would have been so much easier if you'd just made the post like I asked.
>>
>>17287928
DON'T YOU MEAN "THREAD"? HA? HAHA? HA?

EXPLETIVE DELETED.
>>
>>17286397
>My girlfriend can use visualization to an extent where it's like she can create her own dimension

She can't. She is just telling you this to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>17287889
>Does this help you with remembering things? Like focusing the image of a book page you were studying or reading earlier.

Hard to compare my abilities to recall things compared to other people. What is the norm even? But if I had to answer I would say perhaps yes a little bit. When I learned Japanese I managed to learn the thousands of Kanji required under only a few months. Learning as a whole is an interesting and rather complex subject though, I wouldn't go as far as saying my visualization skills did all the job.

>Can you hear music at will or have a headmate? In the dream character sense, but IRL.

Funny you're asking this, I can indeed listen to music more or less at will. It helps to know that I also listen to music throughout most of the day, it's like a drug, it's as if my body needs it. I don't think I would be able to go on without music... now, aren't people also able to "play" music like that? Isn't it something very common?
Considering how normie /x/ has become I'm probably going to trigger a few but as for the other question, yes, I do have what people nowadays would call a Tulpa.
>>
>>17288015
Thank you.
>aren't people also able to "play" music like that? Isn't it something very common?
I can't listen to music like it's an external source.
I just "vocalize" it without actually using my voice; I feel my vocal chords moving.
But then I don't listen a lot of music during the day.
My cousin does it and says that at times he can hallucinate it.
Once it happened to me though, when I was younger.
Original song with instrumentals for a few seconds.
Now only in lucid dreams or voices at times when I wake up.
>>
>>17286397
You have to be more subtle, that's the science. You can't experience subtlety and being dense.
>>
>>17287589
I've been able to clearly visualize things from a young age.
Started very basic, without much information/ability to change things.
Basically I've just progressed and advanced the visualizations over the years to a point of them now being more then just pure entertainment material.
>>
>>17286410
no, the dude was very smart. He could use his knowledge of certain electrical properties to forsee their limitations... through imagination

please, if you're interested int tesla, look at his book 'my inventions' by penguin and look into general electrical engineering, it's fascinating to learn about what the man was on about in full comprehension...

>bump
>>
>>17288747
I'm quite familiar with My Inventions. YOU should read his interview from 1899 in Immortality magazine. He was more than just "very smart".
>>
>>17288778
Gladly, link me.

I understand how genius he was..

how awesome was the story with his uncle, where he cut the fish in half with a crossbow

dude's a dank memer from the old world
>>
>>17288791
http://www.freedomtek.org/en/texts/nikola_tesla_interview_1899.php

This is actually where the Uncle story comes from. For a delicious older-Tesla interview I recommend the court record of the bankruptcy proceedings for Wardenclyffe
>>
I can "see" when I close my eyes. It feels so ethereal. Like im floating through my surroundings. I use it to find my keys every day when I lose them lol
>>
>>17288820
I think most people call that "remembering"
>>
Get high as fuck, prob she is lying
>>
>>17286632

>I've read three times on the internet (one one reddit and two on dreamviews) of people who blindfold themselves and are able to "see" through the eyelids.

Not OP, I can confirm that at least this is possible.
>>
>>17287299
Can you expand on this?
>>
That's just a strong imagination. Don't overinterpret this.
>>
>>17286397
Read a book. Read a lot of books in fact.

I used to be amazing at this sort of thing when I read a lot as a kid, reading felt like it would paint all these things into my mind, and the more I read the easier it became to sustain these worlds and simulate within them what I was getting from the pages. There was also some stuff I read from back in my tulpa phase that worked pretty great. You would essentially paint a small world within your head from which you'd work, the more I visited it the more detailed it became until I could simulate just stepping into that dimension with perfect detail at will.

A memory palace is also a similar concept to this.
>>
Training your visualization skill is a fundamental practice in most magick traditions.

>take simple object; pen, pencil, etc.
>study it attentively for a ~2 min.
>close eyes and try to recall it to the best of your abilities
>>
Look up "Mind Palace".

That's essentially what she is doing.
>>
>>17288812
thanks for the link, but where is this interview sourced? the answers dont seem to be from tesla (forged/faux?)

r u oriqinal qrankstr?
>>
>>17286397
>to an extent where it's like she can create her own dimension
Bullshit, lad
>>
>>17288836
No its different than when i remember things. Feels like a dream
>>
>>17286436
Fuck you, faggot, you're a fucking moron if you think that's an accurate way to measure anything at all, ever. Go kill yourself you piece of shit.
>>
>>17291703
Many engineers don't need graph paper to draw nearly perfect lines and letters. There was a class while I was in high school where a requirement of the class was to be able to freehand draw measurements almost exactly.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.