[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird shit stops when dogs around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1449128855979.jpg (8KB, 255x230px) Image search: [Google]
1449128855979.jpg
8KB, 255x230px
Ok it's getting really creepy. I live in a really old house built in like the 1700s and at night I hear noises like sighs or single words spoken as if there was someone in the room. Sometimes I'll be at my computer and feel something touch the back of my head, or knock on the other side of the wall while I'm laying in bed or touch my feet at the end of the bed.

The weird thing is that nothing ever happens when my dog sleeps in my room. I even lose that eerie feeling too. What's more is that my dog seems to intentionally sleep in my room as well. Even when he falls asleep on the couch (he's getting old, going to be 11 in June), he'll wake up in the middle of the night and come scratch on my door until I open it, and he immediately goes to the bed and settles down to sleep again.

I made this thread because not 20 mins ago I heard what I 'd describe as a sigh of relief out of no where from the other corner of my room, clear as day through my headphones. Not minute later my dog comes in to my room and sleeps in here.

What the hell is going on? Is my house haunted? By what exactly?
>>
>>17277383
I think if anything is in your house, it's scared of your dog. Also your dog loves you a lot take good care of him
>>
Until a few days ago I would call that storie bullshit but since I've heard voices at work I will believe you.

A non spooky reason could be that you Imagine things (Taking wrong meds etc.) and your dog gives you a feel of safetiness.

I've read a lot of stories though were dogs sense danger or paranormal beings/phenomens
>>
>>17277383
they say shadow people are afraid of dogs.
>>
>>17277383
And adding to that, animals have always been known to sense things we can't, so pay attention to the signs your doggo is sending
>>
>>17277408
Yeah your dog really loves you, keep him close. I can't say much on what's bothering you, but if your dog feels the need to gaurd you he must not trust it.
>>
>>17277411
>since I've heard voices
you should probably talk to someone that doesn't want to drag you into their pit of madness and despair with them.
>>
>>17277414
I agree with the trust thing this anon speaks of, dogs know people, so if it's wary you should be too
>>
>>17277415
I just heard a voice call my name 2 times. Happend once and never again so I'm safe. Propably just my imagination tricking me.
>>
OP here. I don't know if this has any relevance, but it's not just this house. It's every place we've lived since I was a kid.

There's this story in my family that basically my grandmother when my oldest aunt was just born was looking to buy a house and they visited this shitty creepy house (we live in new England BTW so there's plenty of 1600-1700 tier houses if you look in the right places). Anyways she had my aunt in on her hip and they were viewing the basement when my aunt (a small child) burst out crying saying "don't let the man touch me mommy" and she booked it out of there.

Ever since then, pretty much everyone in my family experiences creepy shit, irregardless of where they live or where they are in the family tree. The most palpable experience was my mother and aunt (same one as before) being home alone and hearing something in my uncles house's basement (at the time it was the families home, got passed down to him when he got married). They both swear up and down they saw a man in a trench coat and brim hat. I've always chalked it up to dreams but as a kid I've had weird dreams of a man in a trench coat and brim hat carrying me around at night in my house, and sometimes I'd wake up in different parts of the house.

I don't believe in paranormal shit desu, the main board I go on is /pol/, but honestly after 20 someodd years I'm really beginning to wonder if there's some intergenerational poltergeist following my family or something.
>>
>>17277465

Nobody knows what this is about?
>>
>>17277521
sometimes a creepy experience is just a creepy experience.
>>
File: Snapchat--7424978770357302795.jpg (373KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--7424978770357302795.jpg
373KB, 1080x1920px
>>17277383
>>17277465
Hey OP, just so you know, it isn't just you. This is also the case with me. I don't know if it's a well known phenomenon, but I do know animals supposedly have a sixth sense.

Forgive me for not greentexting this, i am on my phone.

My dog is a beagle (pic related, it's her). She is not intimidating or aggressive at all. However, she seems to have a calming affect on the environment I am in. Ever since I was a kid, I have had nightmares once in a blue moon. They would be terrifying ones often involving demons. When we moved to my current residence, I experienced feelings of dread in my conscious life too. I used to sleep with the door open, my room lit like a christmas tree, and with a bible and cross in hand or under the pillow. We got my dog about 2 months after we moved here. This is where things got interesting.

My dog began sleeping with me as soon a she was trained to. Little by little, my sleeping habbits changed. First I began sleeping with the door closed. Then without lights. Finally, nothing but me and her.

A lot of those feelings and dreams went into the back of my mind forgotten. Then there was a night she wasn't with me. That night I woke up in a sweat with an absolute feeling a terror and horror. I was face down in the pillow and felt a presence pressing against my back like it was sitting on me. I couldn't move at all. I still don't know if it was because of fear of what i might see, or that something was making me incapable of moving. I'm not sure, but i think something tried to possess me that night.

After that night, it was rare I would sleep without my pupper. I was convinced she was my protector, even though she is afraid of her own farts. I've had bad dreams, but never those night terrors when she is with me. I have had several occasions when i forgot to bring her to bed with me, that I would suddenly feel that dread, or feel a presence waking me up in the middle of the night (around 3am witching hours).
>>
File: Snapchat--3358089638980249895.jpg (286KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--3358089638980249895.jpg
286KB, 1080x1920px
>>17277558
In conclusion, i believe that my dog has some sort of warding affect over me against malicious beings. Maybe she just makes me calm and I just get paranoid sometimes. However i would like to hear more experiences fron you or others.
>>
>>17277558
Oooahhh such a qt!
>>
I dont have stories to share about paranormal stuff but about the "feeling as something was on top of me and k couldn't move" part i know lil. Here in mexico we call it "se me subio el muerto" which literally translates to "the dead sat on top of you"; idk where the name came from but it's practically what you experienced and its because your brain numbs your body so that you wont do anything harmful to it while asleep, and sometimes you wake up into sleep paralysis which can be frightening to most guys. Check it out tho, it might help you out with some questions.
>>
>>17277702
No I know what sleep paralysis is, i experienced that too after dreaming my jaw locked up. This was different in so many ways.
>>
File: 1450411697035.jpg (150KB, 852x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1450411697035.jpg
150KB, 852x1041px
Bump
>>
Combat vet here

Could just be the safety or reassurance your dog provides. I was given a service dog, and he always senses when I'm distressed, even wakes me up during terrible nightmares, and comforts me when I'm having emotional attacks.
Love your dog, you're everything to him.
>>
>>17277740
No what you experienced is classic sleep parlysis. Nothing tried to posses you. Your body flipped a shit because you didn't have your doggie.
>>
>>17279238
My pupper is a lady, but she doesn't come find me if i am stressing out. Stuff just happens when she isn't with me
>>
>>17277740
>>17279259
Guess you didn't read pal. I already said I know sleep paralysis and have experienced it, it's completely different.
>>
File: best.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
I've got a story my dad would tell me. forgive my shitty spelling and lack of punctuation

Dad's about 20 he just got here from EL MEXICO . anyways he's working at a nursery for like plants or what ever. It's gated and there's a small house in the back where the owners live. He and his brother (my uncle) end up being good friends with the owners and the owners let theme at their lunch in their kitchen/dining room. Owners have have a small dog that chills with my dad and uncle during lunch. One day they're having lunch in dining room while owners are in living room. loud as noises coming from kitchen like someone's busting plates and slamming cabinets, They get up to go see but dog runs ahead and barks twice when he gets there then shuts up. When they get there the dogs walking away with its head down. Everything's a okay , nothing smashed. they wtf and think nothing of it. Next day they show up to work and dog is laying on porch , bloated and covered in boils and looks like it got inflated to twice it's size.
>>
>>17277434

My dad is a teacher and keep hearing people call his name maybe 2-3 times a week, which is normal since it's what students do all day long. You don't need to be insane to hear voices.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.