[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cant stop being a skeptic despite personal experiences.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: glitchreality01.jpg (155KB, 818x583px) Image search: [Google]
glitchreality01.jpg
155KB, 818x583px
Ive had some weird shit happen in my life that I cannot explain. Solid items teleporting to different parts of the room in seconds. I have dabbled in demonolatry with some interesting positive results. One of my friends is a weird motherfucker who can predict my location although we live halfway across the world. Plenty of other weird 'coincidences' have happened as well.

Despite all of this I am still extremely skeptical of anything supernatural occurring or existing, even though as humans our senses and understanding is very limited. I'm just so bitter and cynical all the time as well. It doesn't help that almost everyone else is bitter, cynical and skeptical, and being skeptical is considered the 'intelligent' and 'superior' state to be in.

I wish supernatural phenomenon was easier to measure and easier to predict. If only it could be repeated over and over again like a simple science experiment. Assuming it exists, its nature might not be static like the other physical laws we know now.

I think im just pissed the fuck off that I cannot know what is true and what is false, and I never will, and so I am bitter and cynical toward anything that I cannot determine as true or false.

Fuck man. Anyone here relate?
>>
I can relate. I could list off the shit that's happened to me for a solid hour but I'm still a skeptic. I actually wish more paranormal stuff would happen so it would be easier for me to believe,
>>
>>17272922
I've been finding the same thing happening...I'm very apathetic lately and definitely a skeptic, despite the ghost in my kitchen yesterday morning. I think that maybe the things that I think are normal aren't normal and maybe that's why I'm a skeptic? I don't know my own brain.
>>
>One of my friends is a weird motherfucker who can predict my location although we live halfway across the world.
I bet I can, too. You're in your buttsweat-soaked chair.
>>
Some people are just not supposed to believe I guess, I am an aquarious and satrurn in the ruling planet of aquarious, Saturn is the teacher of occult knowledge so I naturally have interest and know a lot about occult. What sign are you op?
>>
>>17272946
I know you are just acting like a normal asshole of a guy on 4chan, but my friend predicted the name of the spa I went to on my own. I did not tell anyone. I just went, and when i got home, he has typed the name of this location in messenger. The fellow claimed he could not remember typing it.

Either way, the fact it happened doesn't matter. The fact that anything weird that happens to people doesn't matter, because there is no evidence. These are memories of events that are only valuable to those who experienced it.
>>
>>17272972
I am Taurus. I don't know about all that other mumbo jumbo. 22nd april 1992 birthdate, born 6pm or so.

Its always fun to see what random websites say about astrology though. Because naturally all of us are interested in ourselves.
>>
>>17272922
maybe you're retarded
>>
File: AC1507 Ovary H&E_04.jpg (2MB, 1500x1073px) Image search: [Google]
AC1507 Ovary H&E_04.jpg
2MB, 1500x1073px
>>17272933
Yep. Things happen, but not enough. Wish they would happen more often.
>>
>>17273001
Holy shit I was going to ask you if you're taurus by any chance, I guess I missed that chance, haha. taurus is an earth sign so that explains why you only believe in the physical world, taurus have high desires for gaining material, wealth and they easily get jealous of other, they are very stubborn, all these influences come from the planet positions.
>>
>>17272922
This is fairly normal.

I've had and know of a few unexplained experiences which I'm skeptical about. Not because I dont believe in the paranormal, but I know that humans have a tendency to spookify coincidence or events they don't understand, or perceive properly due to lack of perspective or data.

Or in other words, actual paranormal experiences are far far less common than people thinking they have paranormal experiences.
>>
>>17273077
>Or in other words, actual paranormal experiences are far far less common than people thinking they have paranormal experiences.

Or maybe we just THINK we spookify them too much, and so we think it happens less often. This is assuming that the individual is a rational human being.
>>
The chances of seeing a paranormal event are very small, quite frankly I don't know if we can even see them if If they existed, but magick and energy can be experienced very easily, the image of magick has been ruined, magick does not mean pulling a rabbit out of the hat, that's just a trick, magick cannot be seen, magick means turning the favour or luck towards you, generating positive or negative energy to influence physical matter, have you seen when you're angry you start attracting angry people, you start facing more scenarios where you can get angrier, that's magick.
>>
File: wiccan.jpg (16KB, 250x212px) Image search: [Google]
wiccan.jpg
16KB, 250x212px
>>17273129
>magick
>magick
>magick
>magick
>>
>>17272922
Being skeptical is a good thing though.

You should always remain skeptical and open minded about your experiences.

Otherwise you become one of these people who say shit like
"I thought I saw a shadow in the corner, must be the ghost of a victorian era child come back to tell me about how he was murdered by a priest!"

It's similar to how something spooky happens and people want to attribute it instantly with ghosts, usually of a dead loved one, so that they have peace of mind.
>>
>>17272922

I think that there is a misuse of the word "skeptical" in relation to the paranormal. A real skeptic would doubt that he saw a ghost as much as he would doubt that he saw swamp gas. The only thing we can really be sure about is that we can't be sure about anything. The people who are portrayed as skeptics are but the opposite side of the spectrum. Casting a doubt over the validity of something does not imply filling the void with your own explanation. Swamp gas would sound much more probable an explanation to the "scientifically" minded over ghosts, but that is because the former phenomena is more known, documented and more easily measured (although not as accurately as it is portrayed to be), while the latter is less known and more difficult to measure (if at all possible). People hate dealing with the unknown, and would prefer filling the void with their own explanations. This is the great damage that the mainstream scientific community is doing to science. It refuses to have unsolved cases and face the fact that we can not explain all phenomena with empirical data. It turns a blind eye to the possibility that modern science might not have all the answers. Modern science has become a new form of religion in that it refuses to acknowledge unexplained phenomena. The motto of the mainstream scientific community has become "If it can't be measured it doesn't exist". There is no assurance that we can trust our senses, which we use when we try to collect empirical data. There is also no real way to accurately measure something. If a phenomenon can't be explained away by a more common and more easily measured phenomenon, then it is easily blamed on our weak mind and senses, saying we fool ourselves into imagining things that are not there. Of course this weakness of mind and senses is completely disregarded once it is applied in the field of the "accurate" sciences for the purpose of empirical data collection.
>>
I've actually had no para- experiences that I can recall but I'm in the same boat. Still believe in it but wish it was easier to gather empirical evidence.
>>
>>17272922
I'm the same way, anon. I've had a lot of really strange and unexplainable things happen to me or things that I've seen, but I always slowly begin to doubt myself afterwards, even when the event makes me come to the conclusion that "okay, this has to exist," whatever it may be at the time. I'm not sure anything could make me lose that self-doubt. Even if I kept having strange experiences consistently and clearly and measurably, I'd probably end up just writing it off as me having gone insane.

>>17273645
^and this is something I completely agree with. Mainstream science and the culture that surrounds it has contributed a lot to this feeling I described above. I suppose it's a good thing in most ways, but I think it's made me (and many others) more close-minded than I should be sometimes. But I probably wouldn't admit to that in most situations.
>>
>>17272922
Typical weakness of materialists ; you're so much of a miserable frightened being that you deny the reality. You've invented a false personality and a false reality that you protect, just like any neurotic mental patient.
>>
>>17272922
>One of my friends is a weird motherfucker who can predict my location although we live halfway across the world.

F I N D M Y I P H O N E
>>
lmao most of the things you call paranormal or w/e has been confirmed by scientists over the last decades. you niggas just fell for the psy ops
>>
I've also had a lot of weird shit happen, but if I tell anyone they think I'm crazy. I think due to this conditioning it's simpler to just be a skeptic. Experiences and sharing them is of no real interest to the greater majority.
>>
>>17273734
>most of the things you call paranormal or w/e has been confirmed by scientists over the last decades
[citation needed]
>>
I'm a skeptic too, despite personal experience. My weirdest story:

>be me, hanging out with another skeptical friend
>i work in the bookroom at the school she attends, it's after school hours or something idk
>we're bored and looking shit up online
>find a webpage on how to summon a demon
>i bike to my apartment (on campus) real quick and grab candles and a lighter and all the stuff needed
>turn out all the lights, light candles, begin
>both skeptical so we half-ass the ritual
>we try speaking to a demon, nothing
>get bored, start burning paper and stuff using the candles flames
>suddenly MY FUCKING BIKE CRASHES OVER WTF
>turn lights on and investigate
>one of the tires is flat
>since the tire deflated the bike mustve leaned away from the kickstand and fell over
>inspect closer
>there's a large slash in the tire, about an inch long
>bring bike to her dad (a teacher)
>he says it's obvious vandalism and we should report it
>bike literally could not have been vandalized, i parked it in the bookroom and shut the door with the lights out, if anyone but us two entered the room in that time we would've seen the door open

Sometimes I wonder. There's also that time my grade 5 class went camping and our whole cabin saw a ghost.
>>
>>17272973
Two possibilities first being he didn't type it since he had no memory of it
Second did you by any chance have your phone with you because then anyone can know where you are

also if it was easy to capture paranormal and supernatural phenomenon wouldn't it just be natural and normal?
>>
File: atheism.png (37KB, 330x234px) Image search: [Google]
atheism.png
37KB, 330x234px
Embrace being an atheist wizard.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.