[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

/x/ have you ever been lost?

To me there's nothing scarier than getting lost. Today I hit a dead end in the woods and couldn't find my way back. Shit was spooky as hell, I felt so disorientated and it was getting dark fast. I felt like someone was following me but it was probably nothing. Anyway I eventually found my out. Pretty lame story I know. Do you have any good stories about getting lost?
>>
>>17270133
>and it was getting dark fast
That's what really freaks people out when they're stranded. Modern man is more afraid of the dark than any other people ever have been. Our superstition basically works in overdrive because we can just run to the light when we feel spooked.
>>
>>17270133
I always just retrace my steps to the last place where I knew where I was. I'm not lost so much as temporarily misplaced.

The thing is, if you're used to outsourcing your having to think (for any kind of task) to tech, and the tech drops the ball, you're fucked. Partly because you're in a bad situation, but more so because it's a kind of situation you don't know how to deal with being in.

You knew what forest you were in, you had some idea of how big it was, if you'd kept going in a straight line in any direction you should've come out of it somewhere. Then it's just a matter of following the edge of it back to where you entered.

This is also why the trinity of EDC is knife, multi-tool, flashlight. If you don't want to be caught without again, you need to start carrying a flashlight. Even just a little keychain one is better than nothing. A MagLite Solitaire or a Sapphire microlight.
>>
>>17270133
got lost trying to get out of Upper Darby and back to white man's land. Very spooky.
>>
File: Untitled.png (169KB, 934x855px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
169KB, 934x855px
Not so much lost, but I went in a complete circle one time -- freaked me out. It was dusk, summertime, I was hiking back home, long day, very hungry and tired, no big deal I was in an area I knew very well. I cross road, in my way is a very brush-dense meandering stream bed, nowhere is the water deeper than a foot. I want to cross to a motorcycle trail on far side, then go to path to my left that goes up hill to near home.

I cross road at "A" on map, and here's where I made my mistake, I decide, fuck I'm going to cross diagonally and go right to the trailhead at "B"... I walk thru the streambed brush, I -thought- always veering to my left... A bit later I hear what sounds like a car going by in front of me. I'm all, "WTF? A car of the motorcycle path???" I then come to what I thought was the other side and WHOA. I had made a huge loop to my right and ended up in the exact place I started. I was seriously stunned. I never noticed the water direction changing? How did I veer left and go right?!?!?!

Anyway, I then did what I should have done to start with. Started at "A" and went in a straight line across stream bed. No problems. It still amazes me how I did that. I totally blame being tired and hungry.
>>
>>17270133
I've been only "lost" once and it was when my best friend from childhood got "sick". I strongly believe she was possessed. I posted the full story a couple months ago, might post it again. /x/ enjoyed it
>>
>>17270133
I got lost in northern Wisconsin, which is basically the only place that you can truly get lost and die in Wisconsin.

It was only for 30 mins, but it was the first time I have ever been lost anywhere, and I'm into hiking. It was in this gigantic pine forest, and the place was just a fucking maze. I got turned around, and couldn't tell which direction I was going. I eventually just walked off the path and tried to go west and get back to my car.

Well, obviously I made it. But this is where the story gets weird. You have to drive on a desolate dirt road for like 30 minutes to get back to town, and on my way back, there was perfectly cut log placed neatly in the road. Way too big to drive over. Somebody had OBVIOUSLY placed it there. I put my car in reverse and floored it, and then took a different route that took 2 hours to get back to town.

This whole thing was on a solo road trip. So later that night, I pulled into this mostly abandoned town, and pulled into a parking lot. I was the only car in the entire town. I decided to just sleep there, wake up and keep hiking. As I was falling asleep in my back seat, this truck pulled up RIGHT behind me, so it would be hard to pull out. I instantly jumped into my front seat and started my car. When I looked behind me, this Mexican guy had jumped out of his truck, and started power walking to my car. I pulled forward a bit, reversed just enough, and sped out of there. He didn't follow me.

After that, I drove about 30 minutes to the middle of absolutely no where (and in the middle of a fucking thunder storm), and pulled my car onto an ATV trail. I just slept there, which was also fucking horrifying. Probably slept 3 hours.
>>
>>17271073
Please do
>>
>>17270133
Never been lost, but I get lost a lot in my dreams and it's the most scary kind of dream. Worse than the being chased by cops dream.

As long as you've got the sky over your head you can't get lost.
>>
>>17272043
Are you black by any chance?
>>
>>17272002
man, fuck wisconsin. weird, dangerous people live there. good cheese though
>>
>>17272002
Were you in Nicolet National Forest?
>>
>>17272115
Hahaha yep. This was my first time there. GORGEOUS place. Is it known to be sketchy or something? I was nervous most of the time I was there.

>>17272108
Are you saying that because you saw that netflix documentary thing?
>>
>>17272262
Nicolet is...big. I'm sure lots of things could happen there.

What's creeping me out is that I've been off of /x/ for a year and a half, and the first thread I see is one about a forest I've spent a lot of time in.
>>
>>17272081
No why?

Oh lol. Nah I'm an offgridder, so I guess authority fear dreams are part of that.
>>
>>17272330
Well after I got home, I was so fucking freaked out of the place that I did some research on the internet. I found that they discovered a weed growing operation there, and that a family had beaten a close family member to death over an argument recently near the town I slept in.

Honestly, I have traveled around the West and most of the Midwest. and Nicolet national forest is the most /x/ place I've been. That place is just naturally creepy.
>>
File: oh no gif.gif (2MB, 295x211px) Image search: [Google]
oh no gif.gif
2MB, 295x211px
>>17270133
>coming home from a party
>slightly hung over, not really paying attention
>end of in the bad part of the city before too long
>didn't have a "nice" car, but since it wasn't a low rider or on blocks it might as well have been a Mercedes
>lots of people staring at me, some even make moves towards me when im at red lights and I have to floor it
>drive in cirlces for like 2 hours, cant ask for directions
>at one stop sign some random dude walks up and tires to get in
>as what the fuck hes doing
>"hey mane I need a ride"
>"this isn't a cab"
>"oh...you wanna be a cab for like 15 minutes mane"
>floor it
>finally get back on familiar roads, I sow down to take a turn and see a dirty kid skate away from me on a skateboard
>realize he's been holding onto my bumper while I dragged him around the city on his skateboard
>no idea how long that happened

No really spooky but it was unpleasent
>>
When I was younger, around 12. I was at Boy Scout summer camp, my last merit badge class was like a 4 mile walk from camp, it was always a pain in the ass. It was COPE, which stands for challenging outdoor personal experience which means it was practically out in the middle of nowhere away from the main camp. Around a few days in, I was tired of having to walk so far just to get to this place so I pulled out the little paper map they give us. Luckily, I saw a route that was practically a straight shot to our campsite and I wouldn't have to go all the way around again. Unfortunately, the route was in the "no go" area where we were prohibited from going to, I figured fuck it what's the worst that could happen this is fucking scout camp. So I take off after class to find this little path that was faintly on the map, and after a while it becomes apparent that I fucked up. The gravel road ended and became dirt, there wasn't anymore signs or landmarks that I could see, but little me decided to keep trucking, oddly enough it was rather nice to be out by yourself "exploring" in the forest. Pretty soon the woods became a lot more dense, I figured I must have overshot the path but was in too deep to turn back. So I decided to cut across off of the dirt road into the woods.
>>
>>17276970
2/?
This is where I fucked up. I bounded thinking I would hit this lake that was suppose to be there according to the map but there was nothing, just dense forest. Fuck. I had wasted about 40 min. trying to find a shortcut. It had already been later in the day and dinner chow was in 5 min, I knew I wasn't going to make it. All I knew was I didn't want to get stuck out here on my own when the sun went down. So instead of heading back to the road and back tracing I bounded further. This was yet another big mistake. The paranoia had really started to sink in at this point. The sun was going down and the tree cover made everything grey and dark. After a while you start to see things that aren't there, feel like something is following you, spooky shit. This is when I start to fucking panic. So I do what any kid would, I just started to run for my life, 180 degrees. It was like a fever dream to be honest. The shadows of the trees start to morph, and its almost as is the forest around you is spinning. And that's when I ran into it.
>>
>>17276977
3/?

The biggest motherfucking buck I had ever seen in my life. This thing easily stood almost twice as tall as lil me, I stopped dead in my tracks. I know these guys can get aggressive if you provoke them and I was not looking to get fucked up so I quickly hopped up into this tree that was to my right. I shit you not this thing fucking came up to the tree and started to circle around. I thought this was fucking weird as shit, was it mating season or something? Did it have a disease like rabies or something? Whatever it was I know this guy meant business and those antlers looked like they could do some serious damage so I waited up in that tree.
>>
>>17276996
4/?

Well, it felt like an eternity at this point, I knew the sun would be completely down soon, I needed to think of something quick. I looked around the tree and saw a loose branch, I break it off and whip it at this thing, I guess I had a stroke of luck, must have poked it in the eye or something but this thing bolted a few feet away and started spazzing out. I didn't wait to find out, I jumped down and bolted. Was I going in the right direction? I really fucking hoped so. By some stroke of chance I had made it to the dirt path. But I hadn't made it out just yet, there was probably a few more minutes of daylight and I was freaking exhausted at this point. I was still on the path when it actually got dark, and there was only faint moonlight to guide me, and then I heard them.
>>
I remember of a time my dad got lost in woods behind my house. A major storm/ twister had just gone through and just skipped my house. He disappeared for hours and we wondered where the hell he went. The woods aren't very deep, not far fast food restaurants and the high way. You could see the highway after the storm. He said he got lost for hours and couldn't find his way out. Still can't figure out how that occured.
>>
>>17277019
Well what happened next?b
>>
>>17277109
Be patient, he's still making it up.
>>
>>17277145
Patience is a virtue that I do not have.
And fake or not, I still want to hear the rest of it.
>>
>>17277019
5/?

Sorry for the delay, fell asleep. Take it as it is. believe it or not, I don't really care.

I could hear the baying of a group of coyotes coming from the forest behind me, very much nope.jpg You can imagine how spooky that can be for a kid, so I give it my all and am now sprinting for my life. It felt like a lifetime. I came upon the little wooden building where the class was and I knew I was home free so I walked the entire way not believing the day I just had. I had gotten to the camp and everyone asked why I missed dinner and I told them I got sidetracked. I didn't bother going into detail until the next day so I headed right to my tent and knocked out. It's funny how comforting some shitty 1960s, nasty mattress is. I had later found out that the camp shared land with a nature preserve, when I decided to bound I passed all signs indicating such. I'm quite the outdoorsman now, love camping and hiking but this has been something that has stuck with me for the longest time. I'm in the army now, when we did nighttime landnav and some of our FTXs, it felt just like this at times, Fort Jackson has some nice pine woodland though.
>>
Needs moar
>>
bump these stories are great.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmJuwqvV6M

Go full screen
>>
File: DankU.jpg (14KB, 426x319px) Image search: [Google]
DankU.jpg
14KB, 426x319px
>>17278393
>>
A couple years back, my family and I went on vacation to France. We've done this a couple times before, as we like the southern coast. (I'm from Denmark btw). We usually visit a lot of places on our vacation, and this time we decided to visit some caves. I don't really know why, but aparrently they were pretty impressive, for some reason. As most of you probably know, these cave-trips are really friendly to families and there's nothing dangerous about them, as you're together with a tour guide. However, this place was a little different. They offered you this opportunity to explore some of the far parts of the caves on your own. I'm pretty sure they already knew these caves 100%, so that noone would get lost in there forever, but here goes.
My mother and sister weren't really up for the exploration part, so my father and I decided to pair up with some French guy and his son. He just kept speaking French, even though we told him several times in English that we didn't understand shit. As the guided tour began, we were given helmets with flashlights on them, since there was absolutely no light down there. After approximately 15 minutes, we were shown the entrance to a small cave, inside the regular one. I wasn't really claustrophobic back then, thank god, otherwise I would have never gotten in there.
But yeah, I guess it's time to get in there. The tour guide tells us that they will be back in about an hour and pick us up.
As we move in, it's all cold and wet, and we're not able to stand upright all the time. Around the cave, there were small posters about some special stone w/e, I didn't really care that much. We just decide to go deeper. We then come across this really narrow opening, that we're not even sure is a part of the cave, but we'll try to get in there anyways.
And this is where we totally lost it. We never saw any of these small posters again, and the terrain was far from friendly. I could feel my heartrate going up, and my voice started shivering. cont
>>
>>17270515
>Walk in a straight line in any direction

Confirmed for someone who's never been innawoods before.
>>
>>17283432
We really wanted to get out by now. We had no idea about how long we had been in there. This French guy just started speaking English btw, fucking idiot. No matter what way we went, we would always end up at the same spot. I can't describe the feeling I had a this moment, but I guess most of you know what I'm talking about. It felt like an eternity. I don't have count of how many times we tried to get out of this fucking cave, with no luck, and everything just looked differently every time we came across it. I was sure we had been in there for more than an hour, and the tour guide probably already sent help.
I didn't want to sit down and wait for help to arrive, so I decided to keep looking for a way out. I don't know how I managed to find an alternative out, but it was definitely not the way we came from. We literally had to climb down from some ledge while walking through a few cencimeters of water. We finally found our way out, and as I guessed, the guide was waiting there for us, talking with some rescue-team.
From that day, I have never gone into a cave again.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.